A need to re-evaluate lifestyle priorities

Hey.

Been a few years since I've been on here, I think. I wasn't very good at maintaining records or checking in regular in the first place but then work have me the golden opportunity to completely obliterate everything.

Work decided that I was the perfect canddate to send away for work. 10 days on and 4 off. Or 11 and 3. 12 and 2? Even done 13 and 1 for a while there...

Doesn't help that the days are usually 12 or 13 hours long. While food is provided for me, it's almost always pub food on the dinner menu.

On the other hand, I'll walk a good 20km a day at work and I try to make the best selections from the menu I can.

I have been telling myself that I just don't have the time for further exercise after or before work and don't usually have access to the increased nutritional items that I may need to keep my body ticking over.

As I tend to sleep for the entire first day I'm home, doing physical things on the precious little personal time I have at home has mostly fallen away to nothing.

I'm looking at changing my job in the middle of the year, I just need to find a life direction to head off in. Current job was only ment to be a space filler while I found something better.

I also want to reclaim a lot of the conditioning I've lost but can't shake the feeling that I'll run the risk of causing some longer damage at some point.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

Cheers

• Like 1

Oh, wow, this sounds rough. I don't know what might work for you, so I have two suggestions, for what they are worth:

1. Try making one small positive change. It doesn't matter how small it is, for this purpose, the smaller the better.

It could be drinking a glass of water first thing in the morning

or doing 3 simple stretches before you go to bed

or doing a very simple meditation (people get intimidated by the word meditation...could be just sitting down, putting on a song you like, and working to relax your mind)

The reason I think this kind of thing might work is that you have very little time, and you seem to feel like you have no time or control to make changes. Make one very small change and you will assert a little bit  of control over your life.

2. Come up with a plan that you think might work...but give yourself permission to experiment and try some different things. Again, you have limited time and energy, so it might take a while to figure out the best way to use it. Maybe try something for a week and then re-evaluate and adjust.

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Hey.

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for the feed back.

Meditation sounds like a good place to start. Give self a chance to clear my mind eveyday.
I've had a bit of a look on the Druids section for places to start and think I have an idea on things.

Making a plan starts getting trickier though. I have another hidden problem in the form of goal setting. With no goal making a plan becomes an issue. So many options of things to try out.
For now I might try as you digested and do things for a short period of time until I find something that really clicks with me.
I do have a few ideas I that direction but might make a daily battle thread for it all and use it more like a journal.

-Sympatico

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk