• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

annyshay

Annyshay's Intentions Wrought with Ws

17 hours ago, annyshay said:

Walk - some small walks outdoors to church and the grocery store

Woot!

Write - 36 day streak, many words, many battles ;)

Heck yeah!

Weave - supported a friend online who was feeling under the weather

Lucky friend.

Glad things are still going well.

tumblr_nmoiwrGVUp1toet33o1_500.gif

• Like 1

My manuscript was accepted! My manuscript was accepted! WOooooooooOOOO! 

No but seriously. This has been two plus years of work during some serious life and work obstacles. It's been a journey, and I've learned a ton about myself and the steps that I want to take forward in my career. I've struggled past a lot of stuff to find a supportive group of mentors and a research niche. This is just the beginning, but it feels so good to pass this milestone. Especially since it was one of my big goals for this year. WOooooo! Epic quest "Publish" = achieved. :D

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, annyshay said:

No but seriously. This has been two plus years of work during some serious life and work obstacles. It's been a journey, and I've learned a ton about myself and the steps that I want to take forward in my career. I've struggled past a lot of stuff to find a supportive group of mentors and a research niche. This is just the beginning, but it feels so good to pass this milestone. Especially since it was one of my big goals for this year. WOooooo! Epic quest "Publish" = achieved. :D

Oh that is so AWESOME! Congratulations! You are just one amazing woman!

latest?cb=20170108193658

• Like 2

6 hours ago, annyshay said:

tenor.gif

OH YESSSS!!!!!!!! This is fantastic news!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!

SpotlessWaterloggedDragon-size_restricte 

• Like 1

1/29/2018

Walk - yes, brr

Write - 37 day streak, yup

Weave - met a really cool patient and bonded with her, I hope it means that she can invest in caring for herself juuuust a little bit more

1/30/2018

Walk - the wind is picking up again and Tuesdays I have to walk through the wind tunnel to get to our conference, brrr

Write - 38 day streak, woot woot, got right back to work writing my next proposal like a good academician

Weave - celebrated my manuscript win in person (high fives and hugs) and online with friends :D 

• Like 4

1/31/2018

Walk - a few treks between buildings as the temps dropped lower

Write - 39 day streak, thousands of words, finished some clinic notes too

Weave - long chat with my former roomie, trying to remind her to be gentle with herself (and reminding myself of the same thing at the same time)

2/1/2018

Walk - yup, wind chill was super nasty today, very cold

Write - 40 day streak (earned some much needed coins), over 5K words and still writing ;)

Weave - checked in with the other fellows after a new format to our conference this morning

• Like 3

2/2/2018

Walk - short walks on my way to forage for food (aka the grocery store)

Write - 41 day streak, almost to 7K words, woah

Weave - chatted a bunch with one friend online about the struggles of "working" from home

• Like 5

2/3/2018

Walk - uh, no?

Write - 42 day streak, baby

Weave - online brunch with former roomie

2/4/2018

Walk - yup, cleared off the car and went to church

Write - 43 day streak coming up

Weave - trying to get friends together for the ridiculous amount of birthdays we have in February

• Like 3

Hi friends! We find ourselves here at the end of another Nerd Fitness challenge. The first one of 2018 is already handled. Those that have been following me for a while know that I seriously struggle with perfectionism and the self-judgment that comes after it. Wrapping up my challenges has become a very important way of speaking back to that perfectionism. I ALWAYS think I could have done better on my challenge, but I fairly consistently meet all my goals. This challenge was no exception.

Walk - 89%

Write - 100%

Weave - 100%

All the wonderful nerds that I get to share these forums with are such a blessing and support to me. I'm not the only one that is too hard on myself. We are not alone. May this serve as a reminder that we are worthy of love, support, and kindness... especially from ourselves. We are making progress as we take better and better care of our health. That, my friends, is something to celebrate (*hint hint* for next challenge).

PS... the W is for winning!

tumblr_ltqdpzHxBS1r5xma8o1_500.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, annyshay said:

May this serve as a reminder that we are worthy of love, support, and kindness... especially from ourselves.

Well said, friend, well said. I look forward to the next challenge with you and our most excellent guild.

• Like 1

On 30.1.2018 at 6:42 PM, annyshay said:

giphy.gif

CONGRATULATIONS that is so so so awesome, squeeeeeeeeeee

On 4.2.2018 at 6:13 PM, annyshay said:

PS... the W is for winning!

Indeedio PARTY HARD Gryffindarling :triumphant::love_heart: