• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

zeroh13

Zeroh, Chapter 1: A Fresh Start

I'd take it. It's a cool place. But looking over the job description again, there would be a pretty steep learning curve if I did manage to get it...

Most of the stress is from "I got a reply?" and "they want an interview tomorrow???" It's sudden and unexpected. And I have no idea what this person's name is... >_
Similar thing happened to me last year. I sent one cv to a recruiter because I was having a bad day at a job I liked, two days later I did the test for one of the two job posts (said no to the other) and they wanted to interview me the following monday, but since I was on holidays I asked them to postpone. They anticipated to Friday at 6pm and told me on Thursday afternoon!
So I went completely unprepared on even what the company was, the reception was empty and had to ask someone leaving work to let me in, but I gave so little shit that I rocked the interview (I even shut one of the interviewees up saying I didn't care about one aspect of the job but was able to do it, please don't do it though)
After my holiday I was negotiating better conditions at my old company and since I didn't get them I got a cool job that I like even more! And is better paid! And I can walk to it! And is in the city centre! Great win!

So I would go in with this idea: you have a job and if you don't get this one is not going to be the end of the world, but do your best as you are a professional.

I find interviews like dates: it's not just them having to check you out, it's also you having to look if you like the place.
Good luck!
  • Like 6

Oh man, IDK why it took me so long to find your challenge, A R G H!  *settles in for the long haul now*

If your interview is already done, I hope it went amazing!!  If not, YOU'RE GONNA DO AMAZING!!! :DDDD

• Like 2

Interview, done! But I can never tell how an interview went. Like, they're always nice and smiling. But I think I got on well enough with the general manger (the interviewer). But, IDK, I'm barely qualified for the position. And they have IDK how many people they interviewed who are probably way more qualified than me. I also had practically zero preparation. But the other location they have in the city is also looking for managers. So there is more than one opening. Too many variables. >_< I find out Friday or Monday if I've made it to the second round of interviews. 

• Like 10

Oh man, IDK why it took me so long to find your challenge, A R G H!  *settles in for the long haul now*

It's an epidemic I feel.

And hey. If the interview doesn't work out, just ask them for feedback. They may or may not provide it. If it does, great!
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Cataleya said:

It's an epidemic I feel.

6102498-4051013178-57163.gif

(I didn't really venture outside of the Rebel Guild much the past couple of challenges. But I have been better at remembering to update my signature.)

The last time I asked someone for feedback, it didn't go very well... (It wasn't related to a job interview, I've never asked for feedback with those before. The two phone interviews, I got responses from generic HR email. So no one to ask. And with the previous in-person one, the owner provided feedback without me asking.)

It's supposed to start snowing here overnight, and into the morning commute. We're far enough from the coast that we aren't getting the blizzard conditions. But we're also where if the storm changes path just slightly, we could get nothing, or we could get a lot. I'm scheduled to come in at 10, so it probably won't affect me. Unless it completely messes up the buses. Or the storm decides to take its sweet old time. Or wants to take a stroll further inland. We'll see what happens.

• Like 4

I am glad the interview is done and hopefully it went well. Remember, you don't have to take it if you got the job as well. Its a matter of finding what works for you and what works for them.

Good luck on hearing back and with the weather. Because weather loves to be difficult.

• Like 3

The snow wasn't bad. And my sneakers thankfully stayed mostly dry until my commute home. The wind was/is brutal though. (Like, wind chill advisory you can get frostbite brutal. But I was inside by then.)

I spent a bit of time after work yesterday trying to do some "weather proofing" to my living room windows with plastic wrap and tape. It doesn't look pretty, but it seems to be holding up okay. We have horrible drafts, but it's an apartment so we're limited about what we can do to fix the problem. This weekend I need to do the same to the kitchen and bathroom windows.

Challenge-wise, I need to get better at drinking water (and tea) at home. I'm doing okay with my intake at work, but it basically stops when I get home. I need to figure out a workout for this week. And I need to work on checking the daily dares more regularly. I have my to-do list, but I haven't done anything with it. >_< Skin care is good, but I need to step it up with all this extra cold and dry air.  My brushing/flossing and instagram goals are looking very sad. Not the best start.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, zeroh13 said:

I spent a bit of time after work yesterday trying to do some "weather proofing" to my living room windows with plastic wrap and tape. It doesn't look pretty, but it seems to be holding up okay. We have horrible drafts, but it's an apartment so we're limited about what we can do to fix the problem. This weekend I need to do the same to the kitchen and bathroom windows.

I don't know if this is helpful or even really how to do this but my friend would blowdry his plastic wrap to make a better seal, because the apartment he lived in was kinda drafty.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, zeroh13 said:

Skin care is good, but I need to step it up with all this extra cold and dry air.  

Holy heck dude I have issues with dry skin and this winter has been a STRUGGLE. ;_;  The heat is on 24/7 which doesn't help, then I go outside and get blasted with frigid wind chill crap.  Siiiigh weather why!!!

Glad you mostly lucked out on the snow situation!  It's been SUPER windy here, too.That doesn't help at all.... stay warm!!!

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Cataleya said:

I don't know if this is helpful or even really how to do this but my friend would blowdry his plastic wrap to make a better seal, because the apartment he lived in was kinda drafty.

I have the plastic wrap "seams" reinforced with clear packing tape. But my plastic wrap also wasn't lining up so I needed the tape to force the pieces together... It's not pulled tight, but it's sealed. Right now I'm mostly concerned by how the cats will react when they realize it's there. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

I have the plastic wrap "seams" reinforced with clear packing tape. But my plastic wrap also wasn't lining up so I needed the tape to force the pieces together... It's not pulled tight, but it's sealed. Right now I'm mostly concerned by how the cats will react when they realize it's there. 

There's a window in our hallway that one of the cats likes to hang out in when it's nice. We put plastic over it in the winter and inevitably he'll jump up and bounce off it a few times before he figures out what's happening. It's hilarious. (He's fine.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Yesterday, I was asked if I could come in to work early. I said it depends on how cold it is. (And if I got sick going home, I wouldn't come in at all.) Hmm... wind chill advisory until noon. No thank you. I was already out in that getting home yesterday (but I lucked out cause there wasn't much wind and I didn't have to wait long for any of my buses). The extra hours are not worth risking getting hypothermia or frostbite. By the time I left home, it had gone up from feeling like -10F (-23C) to 0F (-18C). The current advisory started at 6pm, but I got a ride home.

And I was very bundled up. Two yoga pants under my work pants, two pairs of wool socks, under a pair of cotton socks, a long sleeve thermal shirt, a t-shirt, my work shirt, my athletic hoodie, my work jacket (windbreaker), my warm hoodie, and my oversized windbreaker. And of course scarf, gloves, and hat. 

Now I just have to survive my commute tomorrow...

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

And I was very bundled up. Two yoga pants under my work pants, two pairs of wool socks, under a pair of cotton socks, a long sleeve thermal shirt, a t-shirt, my work shirt, my athletic hoodie, my work jacket (windbreaker), my warm hoodie, and my oversized windbreaker. And of course scarf, gloves, and hat. 

This is too many clothes to be wearing at once. 

• Like 2

Fingers crossed that you make it to second round of interviews!!

And yeah, the wind and cold has been brutal here too. They're saying we're over the worst of it now, hopefully that's true for you too. That plastic stuff does help a bit with window drafts (used it in old apartments) but yeah, it looks kind of comically silly. We used to cover it with curtains.

Oh and any goal to drink more tea sounds good to me. Tea is the best.

• Like 2

I had tried with just one pair of yoga pants under my regular pants, and my legs were still freezing. Same with just two pairs of socks. >_< It mostly has to do with how long I usually have to stand outside waiting on various buses (1+ hours). I'll be happy when I don't have to wear so many layers.

Tomorrow will be a little warmer. But there's going to be freezing rain. And it'll warm up even more Wednesday/Thursday/Friday. But It'll be raining...

• Like 6

I'm working on catching up on here. But I don't want to stay up too late so I'll have to get back at it in the morning.

I survived the cold and wind of my commutes today. And had a decently busy time at work today. Nothing too eventful. 

First thing in the morning I need to do my workout. As I haven't done one for this (past) week... I also need to redo my to-do list and turn them into smaller tasks. And then I have a few things I need to do a lot sooner rather than later. 

In the afternoon/evening we're supposed to get freezing rain or something. I have my psychiatrist appointment downtown at 4, so I'm hoping things aren't too bad then. I had been planning on hanging around downtown until group therapy, since that's not far from downtown. But now I'm not so sure. I had also planning on going to the other location for the place I interviewed at and actually try their food. But it's not walking distance from my psychiatrist, so that might not happen either.  And I should hear back tomorrow if I've made it to the second interview or not. 

• Like 6