• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

zeroh13

Zeroh, Chapter 1: A Fresh Start

19 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

Today was a get (almost) nothing done day. Most of the morning was crying off and on (hormones not helping). And then I made really good pasta. And ate it. Then on my way to work, I had this moment where I was like, "wait, where am I going?" Work was uneventful. I ate dinner. Mostly out of habit. I was going to skip it, and I felt bad about eating it after eating, and then I felt bad about feeling bad about it. And I wish I could just fix all of this.

I did manage to drink enough water and tea. And I was good at not hitting the snooze button.

*Hugs* This I all understand. Hopefully tomorrow goes better

• Like 1

This morning I weighed myself, and then did some Wii Fit exercises since I was already on the thing. And then I did the daily dare and now my legs are unhappy (jump squats).

I wasn't very productive, but I did try. 

Work was slow and boring. Maybe the game tomorrow will be busier.

And I got a call today (well, voicemail) asking if I was going to the social anxiety group. And it turns out it's at 10 and I don't work till 2. But by the time I could call back they were already closed, and it just sent me straight to voicemail without the whole "press 1 to" so I couldn't choose where to leave the message. Maybe someone will see it in the morning. Who knows. And now I'm like, "why did I say I'd go to it..."

And I didn't get around to calling that one place to see if they need a referral. :/

• Like 3

I was surprisingly not too anxious at the social anxiety group. It was a small group, and I think that I had been in that building before helped. So, new people, but somewhat familiar surroundings. (I once made a list that broke down how various situations ranked in terms of anxiety. I should try to find it again. It'd also be interesting to compare me now to me a few years ago.)

And the central library was literally down the street, and had the book @Wobbegong recommend, so afterwards I walked down there and finally got a library card. And I found the book without needing any help. And I felt ridiculously proud of myself for getting the card and checking the book out. (I say ridiculously because it's actually pretty embarrassing cause it's the feeling a kid would get for getting/doing something right, and obviously I'm not a kid. And it's not something that's a "big deal".) And it's a hardback book, which makes me happy.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, zeroh13 said:

And the central library was literally down the street, and had the book @Wobbegong recommend, so afterwards I walked down there and finally got a library card. And I found the book without needing any help. And I felt ridiculously proud of myself for getting the card and checking the book out. (I say ridiculously because it's actually pretty embarrassing cause it's the feeling a kid would get for getting/doing something right, and obviously I'm not a kid. And it's not something that's a "big deal".) And it's a hardback book, which makes me happy.

Why not? If it makes you happy, and makes you feel good about yourself, why isn't it allowed to be a big deal? Regardless of what the rest of the world would say, it seems like it was a big deal to you, and that's not ridiculous. It's a little personal maybe, but there's nothing wrong with that.

If going to the library and getting yourself a library card so you can check out a book that will help you tackle this very big (and difficult?) thing in your life you're working on, makes you proud of yourself, then own it and revel in it. Brag about it!

Now imagine what kinds of great things you will do next...! :) 

• Like 3

Full disclosure, I read that book at least ten years ago so there might be some stuff in there that the me of today would not blanket recommend. But I do recall generally finding it engaging and enlightening. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Wobbegong said:

Full disclosure, I read that book at least ten years ago so there might be some stuff in there that the me of today would not blanket recommend. But I do recall generally finding it engaging and enlightening. 

I'm pretty sure every book will have its issues. I'm still near the beginning, but so far it's interesting.

• Like 3

Nah you're entirely allowed to feel proud of yourself for whatever makes you feel good. Sometimes I'm proud of myself for not eating a snack thats bad for me or just being able to function for a whole day. Some people would find that pathetic, but I say fuck them. I'm allowed to feel how I want.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

Why not? If it makes you happy, and makes you feel good about yourself, why isn't it allowed to be a big deal? Regardless of what the rest of the world would say, it seems like it was a big deal to you, and that's not ridiculous. It's a little personal maybe, but there's nothing wrong with that.

11 hours ago, Cataleya said:

Nah you're entirely allowed to feel proud of yourself for whatever makes you feel good. Sometimes I'm proud of myself for not eating a snack thats bad for me or just being able to function for a whole day. Some people would find that pathetic, but I say fuck them. I'm allowed to feel how I want.

Those are the kinds of things I want to believe, but it's hard. And I think it's more like, I'm okay with it, as long as I don't tell/show (most) people how I feel, because then they'll make me feel bad about it (because that's how things worked when I was a kid). 

• Like 2

Today I went through all my books, and sorted them into don't keep, maybe, keep, and still need to read/finish. And I fit all of the keep books in my bookcase. Barely. And the ones I need to read are stacked on my dresser:

aU4f3iv.jpg

I think there's a stray book or two somewhere. I just need to remember to actually put it away when I see it. 

• Like 6

On 1/18/2018 at 7:09 PM, zeroh13 said:

If I need to get a referral, I'll ask my therapist to write one. And he knows how I feel about the first opinion. And I told him why I wanted the testing, at least the feeling "broken" part. And then we did this exercise that was like "does X mean you're broken". To show that I don't need a test to show myself that I'm not broken. (Didn't help.) And then he pulled out the DSM-V and we went through the criteria. And I explained the whole learning to hide it. And he was basically "I can see this, and this, but this one I don't see, but maybe you're right about hiding it." And then he went through Social Communication Disorder. And I had literally read both of those the day before our session, so that wasn't particularly helpful either. (The part that's up for debate is restricted/repetitive behavior and limited interests. It's also the part that i don't know if it fits me or not, because it's not specific enough for me to know what counts and what doesn't. And behavior is the biggest thing in the "learn to hide it" category. I know I did some odd things as a child, but I don't remember enough of my childhood to draw any conclusions.)

tl;dr I can ask my therapist, but he falls into the "you don't need testing to feel better" category.

Sounds like he might not be doing a great job, but from what you write it does sound like he's taking you seriously and trying to help in his own way. If it's not helping, of course you need to find something that does.

One thought (and I don't have any real knowledge in this area), a limited number of syndromes and disorders have been described. There are a LOT of people in the world and they all have slightly different problems. I could imagine that the challenges you are facing and the difficulties you experience might not fit cleanly into one of a relatively small number of boxes.

On 1/19/2018 at 11:03 PM, zeroh13 said:

This morning I weighed myself, and then did some Wii Fit exercises since I was already on the thing. And then I did the daily dare and now my legs are unhappy (jump squats).

I'm impressed. I was too lazy to do those.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Xena said:

One thought (and I don't have any real knowledge in this area), a limited number of syndromes and disorders have been described. There are a LOT of people in the world and they all have slightly different problems. I could imagine that the challenges you are facing and the difficulties you experience might not fit cleanly into one of a relatively small number of boxes.

I don't think anyone cleanly fits into those boxes. And it doesn't help that (for the most part) the people who make the boxes aren't the people who go in them. It's the same as the whole, "you can sympathize, but you can't understand" thing. And fitting into multiple boxes doesn't help either, you end up with a weird box fort or something. 

2 hours ago, Xena said:

Sounds like he might not be doing a great job, but from what you write it does sound like he's taking you seriously and trying to help in his own way. If it's not helping, of course you need to find something that does.

I think part of it is trouble with communication. Like, there are some things I see, but the other person doesn't, and I'm not sure how to effectively explain something that is obvious to me.

And I think another part is a lack of specialized knowledge. Which is the main reason I want to try this other place. 

• Like 5

One thing I know from when I was tested is I didn't check all the boxes equally for ASD.
Heck probably the same as you I don't really have repetitive behavior.
And that's totally ok! You see you don't have to always fit all the criteria for a diagnosis. Just most of them.
I believe (doing this by memory) there are 3 categories for ASD and you need to match criteria in all 3 and then x of the y number of total criteria or some BS like that.

Like I don't have a single interest as stated, but I do tend to get addicted (by lack of better term) to anything catching my interest.
My mom always likes to cite the example of my only listening to Jesus Christ Superstar musical songs for God knows how long when I was totally into that.
I can play a game, listen to a song, read a book, etc non-stop for awhile until something else catches my interest.
So I don't have one hobby that takes all my attention, but when something has "taken over" it does demand all my attention.

I hope I can get my point across :)
You don't have to fit the criteria exactly to still be classified as having it.

I just so wish you were in the Netherlands :(
We have such a better system for health etc.
So much easier to get help and be taken seriously.

Also what I can say is that after I had the official diagnosis, it took such a burden off my shoulders.
Finally I had an explanation of why I was the way I was. Why I was different and bullied and why I functioned the way I do.
I've had therapy specifically aimed for coping with ASD.

I've had exercises to learn to recognize when I had an energy issue, what to do when that happened.
Also to see "outbursts" coming etc.

I sincerely hope you can find a way to get tested thoroughly and get a good diagnosis that matches with how you feel and what you experience. Find someone who can tailor that diagnosis to how it affects you and how it expresses itself with you.

Everyone is different. Heck everyone with ASD is different. Not everyone has the same symptoms for the same diagnosis.

-big hugs-

And freaking embrace your inner child and dance through the living room because you fucking got that library card and book and fuck that is amazing and should be celebrated!!!

Sorry but I'm a crazy fool who with the acceptance from my BF to be weird, has embraced just expressing myself. Even if it's weird / crazy / embrassing / etc.
Doesn't matter. Celebrate what makes you feel good!!!

(I burst out into random songs at home, my BF has accepted this as fact, no matter how childish or whatever. He acknowledges that this is me and he's just used to this happening. Lol)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 4

On 1/20/2018 at 1:03 PM, zeroh13 said:

Not ridiculous at all! Want to feel even better about it? You probably made the day of the library staff who gave it to you because you checked out a book with it and didn't just go sit on Facebook at the public access computers! We love people who check out books! :D 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, PollyannaAgain said:

Not ridiculous at all! Want to feel even better about it? You probably made the day of the library staff who gave it to you because you checked out a book with it and didn't just go sit on Facebook at the public access computers! We love people who check out books! :D 

You need to come work at my local library. When I was there Saturday there was a line to the checkout! :)

• Like 5

14 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

And fitting into multiple boxes doesn't help either, you end up with a weird box fort or something

<3 !!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Siferiax said:

I believe (doing this by memory) there are 3 categories for ASD and you need to match criteria in all 3 and then x of the y number of total criteria or some BS like that.

I think there were three in the DSM-IV, but now it's two in the DSM-V. And then there's whatever's in the ICD-10 (I think that's what it's called). I once had a really nice chart that compared them all. But I lost it. :(

But here's DSM-V version:

Spoiler

Diagnostic Criteria for 299.00 Autism Spectrum Disorder
A. Persistent deficits in social communication and social interaction across multiple contexts, as manifested by the following, currently or by history (examples are illustrative, not exhaustive; see text):

1. Deficits in social-emotional reciprocity, ranging, for example, from abnormal social approach and failure of normal back-and-forth conversation; to reduced sharing of interests, emotions, or affect; to failure to initiate or respond to social interactions.
  2. Deficits in nonverbal communicative behaviors used for social interaction, ranging, for example, from poorly integrated verbal and nonverbal communication; to abnormalities in eye contact and body language or deficits in understanding and use of gestures; to a total lack of facial expressions and nonverbal communication.
  3. Deficits in developing, maintaining, and understand relationships, ranging, for example, from difficulties adjusting behavior to suit various social contexts; to difficulties in sharing imaginative play or in making friends; to absence of interest in peers.

B. Restricted, repetitive patterns of behavior, interests, or activities, as manifested by at least two of the following, currently or by history (examples are illustrative, not exhaustive; see text):

1. Stereotyped or repetitive motor movements, use of objects, or speech (e.g., simple motor stereotypes, lining up toys or flipping objects, echolalia, idiosyncratic phrases).
  2. Insistence on sameness, inflexible adherence to routines, or ritualized patterns of verbal or nonverbal behavior (e.g., extreme distress at small changes, difficulties with transitions, rigid thinking patterns, greeting rituals, need to take same route or eat same food every day).
  3. Highly restricted, fixated interests that are abnormal in intensity or focus (e.g., strong attachment to or preoccupation with unusual objects, excessively circumscribed or perseverative interests).
  4. Hyper- or hyporeactivity to sensory input or unusual interest in sensory aspects of the environment (e.g. apparent indifference to pain/temperature, adverse response to specific sounds or textures, excessive smelling or touching of objects, visual fascination with lights or movement).

Specify current severity:

Severity is based on social communication impairments and restricted, repetitive patterns of behavior.

C. Symptoms must be present in the early developmental period (but may not become fully manifest until social demands exceed limited capacities, or may be masked by learned strategies in later life).
D. Symptoms cause clinically significant impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of current functioning.
E. These disturbances are not better explained by intellectual disability (intellectual developmental disorder) or global developmental delay. Intellectual disability and autism spectrum disorder frequently co-occur; to make comorbid diagnoses of autism spectrum disorder and intellectual disability, social communication should be below that expected for general developmental level.
Note: Individuals with a well-established DSM-IV diagnosis of autistic disorder, Asperger’s disorder, or pervasive developmental disorder not otherwise specified should be given the diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder. Individuals who have marked deficits in social communication, but whose symptoms do not otherwise meet criteria for autism spectrum disorder, should be evaluated for social (pragmatic) communication disorder.

Source: https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/autism/hcp-dsm.html

7 hours ago, Siferiax said:

My mom always likes to cite the example of my only listening to Jesus Christ Superstar musical songs for God knows how long when I was totally into that.

----

I used to watch that so many times! We had the older film version on tape, and I played it so much the tape wore out. And then my parents got the 2000 version on DVD. Which I didn't like as much, except for any scene with this guy (because damn, can he sing!):

fe90a278b48301ff1ed4c56746255441--pontiu

7 hours ago, Siferiax said:

I can play a game, listen to a song, read a book, etc non-stop for awhile until something else catches my interest.
So I don't have one hobby that takes all my attention, but when something has "taken over" it does demand all my attention.

And I think that's exactly what it is! It's just that the stereotype is having one single "obsession" that lasts a lifetime, and is the only thing the person ever wants to talk about. Except the reality is that it can (and does) change over time, and it doesn't mean the person isn't interested on other things. I think for me, it works something like, become interested in subject, learn a ton of stuff about it (and ignore almost everything outside of the subject), and then get bored because I learned the stuff I wanted to learn (or couldn't find additional things to learn). And then a new interesting subject comes along, and repeat. 

I downloaded this app called Mindly, which is for making mind maps. And last night I decided to make one for all the ASD stuff. I also poked around online for better examples, which helped so much.  When I started writing everything out that I could remember, I actually came up with quite a few things. For both repetitive behavior and interests. From what I do remember, nearly all of the behaviors are things I was told to not do, or was teased for, or overheard someone else being teased for the same behavior. And I have developed a surprising amount of self-control. I also imagine that I figured out fairly early on that being intensely interested in something wasn't "acceptable" behavior (outside of family), and so never really talked about my interests. Plus, it's only fun to talk about it if the other person is interested in the subject too. 

EDIT: The formatting got really messed up when I initially posted this. But I sort of fixed it.

• Like 2

I think there were three in the DSM-IV, but now it's two in the DSM-V. And then there's whatever's in the ICD-10 (I think that's what it's called). I once had a really nice chart that compared them all. But I lost it.

Well I've been diagnosed by DSM-V criteria. So I must just remember wrong lol.
I know when it was explained I was hella nervous :)

I used to watch that so many times! We had the older film version on tape, and I played it so much the tape wore out. And then my parents got the 2000 version on DVD. Which I didn't like as much, except for any scene with this guy (because damn, can he sing!):

I only ever saw the old version. Also saw the recent stage musical with Ted Neely (who played Jesus in the movie as well).
So I don't know how the 2000 version holds up.
I know when I saw the old one on Netflix I totally had to watch it again ;)

And I think that's exactly what it is! It's just that the stereotype is having one single "obsession" that lasts a lifetime, and is the only thing the person ever wants to talk about. Except the reality is that it can (and does) change over time, and it doesn't mean the person isn't interested on other things. I think for me, it works something like, become interested in subject, learn a ton of stuff about it (and ignore almost everything outside of the subject), and then get bored because I learned the stuff I wanted to learn (or couldn't find additional things to learn). And then a new interesting subject comes along, and repeat. 

I downloaded this app called Mindly, which is for making mind maps. And last night I decided to make one for all the ASD stuff. I also poked around online for better examples, which helped so much.  When I started writing everything out that I could remember, I actually came up with quite a few things. For both repetitive behavior and interests. From what I do remember, nearly all of the behaviors are things I was told to not do, or was teased for, or overheard someone else being teased for the same behavior. And I have developed a surprising amount of self-control. I also imagine that I figured out fairly early on that being intensely interested in something wasn't "acceptable" behavior (outside of family), and so never really talked about my interests. Plus, it's only fun to talk about it if the other person is interested in the subject too. 

Well there you go :)
I hope it was revealing for you.
I was looking for my autism stuff... And it's surprisingly non-existent.

I did find this diagram, but it's in Dutch XD

"Client process sensory information in their brain as separate elements instead of as a whole"
Three arrows to separate things.
All three blocks then go to one labled "consequences for the client"
With then a related block pointed from there.
I just block them together here.

"1. CC = central coherence
The client is limited in seeing the cohesion between the observed elements.
The world is chaos. They look for safety in repetitive behavior and looks for routine and structure. They hold on to structure they find. Adversity to change.

2. EF = executive functioning
The client has trouble with planning, organizing and executing tasks.
Learning new skills is hard. They don't know what to do, how to do it, where it happens, when it happens and with who it happens.
(Note from my coach: difficulty switching between tasks/circumstances. Difficulty generalizing)

3. TOM = theory of mind
The client has barely the ability to recognize the internal world of themselves and others.
Can only think from oneself. Contact with them misses reciprocity. Making and keeping friends is difficult."

Mind you that I translated this. I'm not well with doing so, so if some sentence is funky it's because I have difficulty restructuring Dutch sentences to English ones. I'm much better starting from either language and going directly in that language lol.
This is unfortunately the only relevant info I could find. Apparently not many notes were made :)
We mostly focused on my "buckets" which I would fill with stressful/draining/energy costing things that happened. To help me see where my limits are.

Oh also a thing. Taking everything literally.
Which is also fun the other way around. That my BF misinterprets me as he had forgotten I mean everything literally. "The bag near where my shirt is" was literally the bag next to my shirt and he missed that part and was confused lol.

Pffff time for tasks now ^^ I hope it's ok to just dump all this info on you. If it's not, just let me know!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Siferiax said:

I only ever saw the old version. Also saw the recent stage musical with Ted Neely (who played Jesus in the movie as well).

So I don't know how the 2000 version holds up.
I know when I saw the old one on Netflix I totally had to watch it again ;)

I don't think anything can hold up to the old version.

Google tells me the 2000 version was a straight-to-video movie, so I suspect not many people know about it. It's a very interesting film to study though. 

I'm not well with doing so, so if some sentence is funky it's because I have difficulty restructuring Dutch sentences to English ones.

I think English sentence structure is pretty backwards to begin with, that or I think backwards (for someone who only knows English). Why is it adjective and then noun? 

Oh also a thing. Taking everything literally.
Which is also fun the other way around. That my BF misinterprets me as he had forgotten I mean everything literally. "The bag near where my shirt is" was literally the bag next to my shirt and he missed that part and was confused lol.

I tend towards taking things literally, especially directions. Like, if you tell me to get a rag to clean something, I will get a dry, clean rag. You need to specify if you want a damp rag or cleaning solution. (I have had this exact issue come up at my job). I get confused if an "obvious" step is missing from the instructions.

But I'm fairly good with metaphors and analogies. Because I can break down logically what they actually mean. And I've memorized most of the common ones. Most metaphors still don't make any sense to me, but I understand what the person is saying. 

Another big thing for me is trying to understand the "rules". In my mind, everything is governed by rules. To understand things, I need to learn the rules. (And I do mean literally everything.)

• Like 2

I just got out of group therapy, and OMG there is this one woman in there that I just cannot stand! It doesn't help that she was being irritatingly rude in the waiting room before the group, listening to some show all loud without headphones. So like half of the session was the two of us going back and forth.

And my headphones just broke..... T_T

Well, good thing of the day is that I called the place, and you don't need a referral. The intake person had already left for the day, so I left a message and should hear back late tomorrow or Wednesday (from what the first person I talked to said).

• Like 6

Summary for last week:

enlEfZG.jpg

HPu0zdB.jpg?1

So, I've officially passed the challenge, and four of my goals. Now I need to keep working towards the rewards. (Pass =  50%)

• Like 4

I don't think anything can hold up to the old version.

Google tells me the 2000 version was a straight-to-video movie, so I suspect not many people know about it. It's a very interesting film to study though.

Hmmm might have to look into that 2000 version then. See how long it takes till I wish to just switch and watch the old one

I think English sentence structure is pretty backwards to begin with, that or I think backwards (for someone who only knows English). Why is it adjective and then noun?

Dutch has its own quirks. Mostly having to do with d's and t's.
Past particles is what trips you up. Do you end in a d or a t... Who knows! There is a way to remember though.
Also some words get a dt at the end, which doesn't help.
Ik word oud (I'm getting old, lit. I become old)
Jij wordt oud (You're getting old, lit. You become old)
Or you have something like this...
Ik heb (I have)
Jij hebt (you have)
U heeft (polite you have)
Hij heeft (he has)
Ik had (I had)
Jij had (you had)
U had (polite you had)
Hij had (he had)

I tend towards taking things literally, especially directions. Like, if you tell me to get a rag to clean something, I will get a dry, clean rag. You need to specify if you want a damp rag or cleaning solution. (I have had this exact issue come up at my job). I get confused if an "obvious" step is missing from the instructions.

But I'm fairly good with metaphors and analogies. Because I can break down logically what they actually mean. And I've memorized most of the common ones. Most metaphors still don't make any sense to me, but I understand what the person is saying. 

Another big thing for me is trying to understand the "rules". In my mind, everything is governed by rules. To understand things, I need to learn the rules. (And I do mean literally everything.)

Exactly!
I remember I had to do grocery shopping for my BF. And normally we would eat "broodje hamburger" (hamburger on a bun). But now he said hamburger and fries.
So I made a list, did groceries and then he was like "but where are the buns?!"
And I was like you didn't ask for them? Explaining the difference in what he asked of me.
So he said right I didn't check the list and you interpret everything literally. I'm sorry.
:) It was kind of funny.

I have the same for metaphors and analogies. You can take those apart logically and they're generally absurd enough to realize you shouldn't take them literally.
With more subtle things I have trouble. My BF sometimes makes jokes that just don't land because of that. He often then ends with "it's a joke" to help.

But seriously everything has rules!
I've been a long time study and it's annoying when people break the rules.
"Dude you're not su... Dude what are you doing?!"
Is kinda what goes through my head then.
I often try to follow/copy people, so I hate having to go first with anything. And then especially it's annoying when people don't follow the same rules/structure/framework for something.

I just got out of group therapy, and OMG there is this one woman in there that I just cannot stand! It doesn't help that she was being irritatingly rude in the waiting room before the group, listening to some show all loud without headphones. So like half of the session was the two of us going back and forth.

And my headphones just broke..... T_T

Well, good thing of the day is that I called the place, and you don't need a referral. The intake person had already left for the day, so I left a message and should hear back late tomorrow or Wednesday (from what the first person I talked to said).

How rude! I hope you could still have a good session despite her.

:(

Ok great! Good job setting the next step!!

So, I've officially passed the challenge, and four of my goals. Now I need to keep working towards the rewards. (Pass =  50%)

Hooray!!! Good job!!!
Also your sheet shows better numbers than mine XD
I'm proud of you! You're doing awesome!

And that was a lot of words... Oops.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, shaar said:

!!  Guild Wars books!  Guild Wars books!!!

I have Ghosts of Ascalon too. :D

I was totally obsessed with Guild Wars back in high school. Which meant I was super excited for Guild Wars 2. My parents got me the books as a holiday gift, I just never got around to reading them.

Sadly, I haven't been able to play since my MacBook died a few years ago. T_T I'm sure the desktop we got last year from my dad can run it, but it's currently inaccessible.

• Like 2

I don't think I mentioned this before, but at work Saturday I got some really nice tips. People may have been feeling sorry for me because I was at a little kiosk stand by myself (it's a two person job). So, I was going to get myself a treat with the money, but then my headphones broke yesterday. And it turns out I had just enough to buy a new pair of bluetooth headphones! (It was on sale for $20.) So after therapy, I went to the store and bought the last green one!

10816329.jpg

They're still charging, so I have no idea how good they are. I think it's supposed to take like 3 hours? But once they're charged up, they're supposed to have 13 hours of playtime. So, I should only have to charge them once or twice a week.

And no more cords! Which is the part that breaks on every single pair of headphones I've ever owned. They also aren't too big! (Most headphones like this don't fit me.)

• Like 8

My new headphones talk. o_o They say "hello" when I turn them on, and let me know how much battery is left, and that I'm connected to my phone. And when I turn them off they say "goodbye".

They are reasonably comfortable, but still need to be broken in. And the sound quality is good, though the instructions said I needed to burn in the speakers, and that would improve the sound quality. I'd rather just listen to music now, instead of waiting on their app to do the burn in stuff. If the sound gets better over time, cool. If not, it sounded just fine to me. (I also need them handy in case I get overwhelmed by a lot of noise, like if I'm on a crowded bus and everyone is talking. Which is why I didn't wait to buy new headphones.)

At therapy, we discussed the person I was getting frustrated with last night. My therapist was happy that I was fairly talkative. I pointed out that I was more engaged than most times because I was getting really irritated. And then we discussed my eating, since I had briefly mentioned it in group. Basically, he said a specialist would be more helpful at the moment. And I basically said, yep, I have the phone number right here. Also, the eating disorder center is part of the same organization as the neuropsychiatry program. (And he was happy that I called about the ASD testing.) But, I can only really handle working on one big thing at a time, and I feel that the ASD stuff would be more helpful to sort out first. Because it relates to the way I think. And if I understand that better, it should be easier to figure out the best ways to approach eating. And he was (appropriately) worried that I was using this to put off doing something about the eating. I'm at this point with the eating where I know I need to do something about it, but I don't want to do anything about it. It totally sucks. And I don't like it. But I have an idea for a plan to make sure I get help before things get too bad. I just need to talk it over with my wife.

• Like 4