• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

zeroh13

Zeroh, Chapter 1: A Fresh Start

Nice new headphones!!!

Also yes. ASD also often relates with eating disorders :)
So getting that tested is helpful to deal with eating.

For example hunger/satisfied signals may not get through effectively.
(For example I don't feel full until I'm more or less sick)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Siferiax said:

For example hunger/satisfied signals may not get through effectively.
(For example I don't feel full until I'm more or less sick)

I think I've always been pretty good at ignoring those signals (both accidentally and on purpose). And back when I was on ADHD meds, I had to learn to eat even if I didn't think I was hungry. I'm not very good at paying attention to my body. Which is definitely something I need to work on.

• Like 2

NEW HEADPHONES YESSSS.  And TALKING ones at that, wow we really are living in 3018 huh.

I'm always on board with the 'one thing at a time' mantra.  I'm sure YMMV for everyone but tackling more than one big thing at once doesn't really get much done except put me in a strange depressive exhausted frenzy with no real intuitive progress.  Ugh.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, shaar said:

NEW HEADPHONES YESSSS.  And TALKING ones at that, wow we really are living in 3018 huh.

They also double as ear warmers.

• Like 5

I got a call back from the place I called about the testing. And they don't actually do it there. But she gave me a number for someone that should be able too. I looked him up online, and found several complaints about his personality. But I can prepare myself for that (at least not be caught off guard). I'll have to call in the morning. :/

• Like 6

I got a call back from the place I called about the testing. And they don't actually do it there. But she gave me a number for someone that should be able too. I looked him up online, and found several complaints about his personality. But I can prepare myself for that (at least not be caught off guard). I'll have to call in the morning. :/
Ugh! So annoying when you get send all over the place for something like this >_>
This should be made easy!

• Like 3

Very unproductive today. I'm blaming my mood. So I need to find a way to be productive despite my mood...

I called the guy I got the number for. No answer, but I left a voicemail. I'm not sure about this guy. 

I looked up the other center around here that works with adults on the spectrum. In their brochure I found an email address, so I emailed asking if they did the testing. And if not, do they know a place that does. Now I just need to hope the brochure isn't out of date, and that the person I emailed is still the right person (I didn't see any email addresses on the website).

• Like 4

Well, I'm ready for the week to be over. Not much got done, and plenty of frustration and depression. The one good thing that happened is that I got wireless headphones, which I've wanted for a few years. And they're pretty cool headphones.

I have not gotten a response from the two places I tried contacting. The voicemail, maybe I'll get a response Monday. The email, I may never get a response. But maybe I'll hear something sometime next week. I found another place today that's a general mental health center, but they do list a couple of people who have both ASD and psychological testing listed as specialties (among a lot of other things). And they have an online appointment request thingy. So I filled that out, and explained what I was looking for. And it says to expect a response in 48 to 72 hours (IDK why they can't just say 2 or 3 days). If none of these work (and can't refer me to someplace that can do it), I give up. All this running around in circles is why I never tried to get testing before.

• Like 4

On 1/27/2018 at 8:43 PM, zeroh13 said:

All this running around in circles is why I never tried to get testing before.

It's honestly why so many people can't or don't get the help they need, and I hate it so much..........

Hang in there ok? <3  I'm rooting for you!  

• Like 3

Weekly update:

Jij25pQ.jpg

And the To Do list is the same as last week, seeing as I didn't do anything on it...

I'm on track to pass all of my goals (assuming I get at least one workout in this week). I could get all of the rewards, but it'll require a lot of work. And I still need to finalize the rewards... I should probably do that today (maybe it'll give me some extra motivation). I'm thinking of making each category a reward tier. Where the reward improves with the number of goals I earn the reward in. The benefit of this is capping it at five possible rewards. The trick is putting the rewards in the right order, where the highest one is the one I want the most (and am least likely to get outside of a challenge).

And I need to start thinking about next challenge, because how did it become the last week of the challenge already???????

• Like 5

Weekly update:

Jij25pQ.jpg

And the To Do list is the same as last week, seeing as I didn't do anything on it...

I'm on track to pass all of my goals (assuming I get at least one workout in this week). I could get all of the rewards, but it'll require a lot of work. And I still need to finalize the rewards... I should probably do that today (maybe it'll give me some extra motivation). I'm thinking of making each category a reward tier. Where the reward improves with the number of goals I earn the reward in. The benefit of this is capping it at five possible rewards. The trick is putting the rewards in the right order, where the highest one is the one I want the most (and am least likely to get outside of a challenge).

And I need to start thinking about next challenge, because how did it become the last week of the challenge already???????
I really like the idea of reward tiers :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Siferiax said:

I really like the idea of reward tiers :)

I'm still working on it. But I've figured out my bigger and better overall challenge reward:

1511413_a.jpg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

I'm still working on it. But I've figured out my bigger and better overall challenge reward:

1511413_a.jpg

YESSSSSSSS

One of my favorite things in the world is my Dave McKean tarot deck. :DDDD

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shaar said:

YESSSSSSSS

One of my favorite things in the world is my Dave McKean tarot deck. :DDDD

^_^ When I was a teen, I had one or two decks, but I have no idea what happened to them. 

My wife won't let me touch her tarot cards, and we always disagree on how she's interpreting the reading. Though it's not my fault if she asks for my opinion. :P

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Okay, I have my rewards figured out. For this challenge. But I should probably figure out my rewards for the next one BEFORE it starts. I should probably figure out a challenge too.

I already posted the bigger & better reward. Here's the rest:

Max Tier Rewards

Wolf: Rainbow Fluorite Beads

Spoiler

il_570xN.439223082_jl7s.jpg

Toad: Black Jade Ring

Spoiler

il_570xN.882257716_mhr5.jpg

Peacock: Asexual Pride Paracord Bracelet (This seller has pride bracelets for several things: https://www.etsy.com/shop/CharmingCords)

Spoiler

il_570xN.1206897750_6e0r.jpg

Wasp: Kawaii Bullet Journal

Spoiler

51KA8M0+ZzL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Anything below max: Stickers (a specified $$ amount per goal). There's a variety, but here's one of the ones I want:

Spoiler

il_570xN.1361520493_8nps.jpg

• Like 3

Okay, so I missed so many things. I am sorry about that.

I think its great you have your goals ready and I can't figure out how it got to be the last day of the challenge either. I am having a similar moment. Hopefully new challenge gets sorted out and you will rock the end of this one.

Keep it up.

• Like 1

My stress level multiplied by 1000. <_<

I'm surprised I actually got any sleep last night. I'm also really hoping that this is something I can fix or I'm completely fucked. :(

My stress level multiplied by 1000. <_>  
I'm surprised I actually got any sleep last night. I'm also really hoping that this is something I can fix or I'm completely fucked.
I dunno what it is, but I'm here to provide all the hugs and stress relieves. -incoming Siffy bear hug-

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zeroh13 said:

I'm surprised I actually got any sleep last night. I'm also really hoping that this is something I can fix or I'm completely fucked. :(

Oh no.  Ohnoohnoohno.

I hope everything's ok!! ;_____;  Let us know if we can help, even if it's just listening, yeah?

• Like 2

On 1/27/2018 at 8:43 PM, zeroh13 said:

And it says to expect a response in 48 to 72 hours (IDK why they can't just say 2 or 3 days).

Maybe it''s a secret test. I think people on the spectrum tend to have above average mathematical skills ;-)

12 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

Why just now? Is the the anxiety of waiting to hear back from all these places? I think my tone here might sound unintentionally critical. I just mean that you have been working on this and dealing with it for a long time. Did something specific go wrong today?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Xena said:

Why just now? Is the the anxiety of waiting to hear back from all these places? I think my tone here might sound unintentionally critical. I just mean that you have been working on this and dealing with it for a long time. Did something specific go wrong today?

It's a new problem, not related to hearing back from these places. (It's related to finances and my lack of any). 

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

It's a new problem, not related to hearing back from these places. (It's related to finances and my lack of any). 

Aww sorry to hear. :( That's always been the worst kind of stress for me

• Like 2

Well, I've decided on my goals for next challenge. It's a bit similar to this one, but hopefully it'll work better.

For this one, I'll probably pass all of my goals except the To Do List (I don't really see myself having the time or energy to work on it this weekend). So that goal will be getting a makeover. As will the workout once a week goal. There's a couple goals I'm increasing the difficulty on. And a couple new ones. I'm also adding a maintenance goal. Basically, it's a way to still count the goals I'm doing well with, without being individual goals.  I'm also changing the scoring a little.

Next up, deciding the rewards.

On 2/2/2018 at 6:24 AM, zeroh13 said:

Also sorry to hear that. I think you are already doing what you can to be frugal. It's frustrating not to have any control and/or a very slim financial margin. I hope something good comes your way soon.

20 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

Well, I've decided on my goals for next challenge. It's a bit similar to this one, but hopefully it'll work better.

For this one, I'll probably pass all of my goals except the To Do List (I don't really see myself having the time or energy to work on it this weekend). So that goal will be getting a makeover. As will the workout once a week goal. There's a couple goals I'm increasing the difficulty on. And a couple new ones. I'm also adding a maintenance goal. Basically, it's a way to still count the goals I'm doing well with, without being individual goals.  I'm also changing the scoring a little.

Next up, deciding the rewards.

This sounds great. Like things are basically working for you and you're just tweaking them a bit.

Great job this time around!

• Like 2

Tomorrow is the last day of the challenge (for me). I'm currently at 82% overall. But I work tomorrow, so yeah, not getting to 90%. Technically possible. But I know I won't feel like doing much once I get home. But if I do the daily dare tomorrow, I'll at least get four rewards.

And tomorrow is going to be every kind of precipitation. And the bus schedules are changing. (They normally change twice a year.) So now I have to figure out new times to leave for work. Fun.