• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sylph

sylph preps for performance, part II

Finished knitting the scarf for my coworker a few days ago and finished the blocking/end weaving in last night.

PoYvFlX.jpg

It's pretty long (7-ish feet?) and about 8 inches wide or so. I gave it to her this afternoon and she seemed to like it quite a bit.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, raptron said:

That looks so nice! 

Thanks! I'm pretty proud of how it turned out, actually. The pattern was pretty simple to get into a rhythm with and the yarn is pretty and shiny and drape-y, so all in all a really good project. Double bonus that the recipient seemed to really like it.

• Like 1

Unrelated to fitness things--did a StrengthsFinder dealie for work. You answer a bunch of either/or statements and it gives you your top five domains/themes. This was one of mine. (So accurate, it almost hurts)

CzVzSwn.jpg

1 hour ago, raptron said:

Ah, I love when you find yourself in those types of things. :) 

And yay! The scarf is loved. Good luck tomorrow! Feeling ready? 

The other four domains were also accurate but not as on-the-nose as this one. Especially at work, as that was the context within which I answered the questions.

Dress rehearsal tonight will go a long way to making me feel better--it's shark week so energy levels are kind of all over the place. Plus there's an upper respiratory thing going around that I'm trying really hard not to catch before tomorrow. :)

20 hours ago, @mu said:

Have a great performance night!

18 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Good luck!!! :D 

Thanks! It went GREAT!!

I'll get the video up when I can.

• Like 2

Aaaaaaaaaawesomesauce :love-struck:

Love how you played with the colors of silks and costume and how funny you themed it all.
Jeez you are STRONG :o

And both entrance and exit of that upside down move was super cool! Wowzeeeeeeeee

Thanks for sharing the video

• Like 1

18 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

Aaaaaaaaaawesomesauce :love-struck:

Love how you played with the colors of silks and costume and how funny you themed it all.
Jeez you are STRONG :o

And both entrance and exit of that upside down move was super cool! Wowzeeeeeeeee

Thanks for sharing the video

Thanks! :D

This was SUCH a fun routine. Not fancy, but entertaining. I typically take myself pretty seriously, so the humor was a bit of a stretch for me. The entire show was really good. My fellow students all put on great performances and we had almost 100 people in the audience (we were at standing room only after awhile!) :o

• Like 1

FLEX DEM GUNZ!! Best part! :D That and the ending. 

Wowza I'm impressed, I mean I know you're strong but then I see you do stuff like this for reps, and it's all soooo clean. You're awesome.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2018 at 9:51 AM, raptron said:

Ahahaha. You looked like you were having a GREAT time as well. You really sold it. I loooove it. :D

Thanks! This was pretty far outside my usual comfort zone, but I had a BLAAAASSSSTTT!

22 hours ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

Yaaaaay! You were awesome!

Thank you!

20 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

FLEX DEM GUNZ!! Best part! :D That and the ending. 

Wowza I'm impressed, I mean I know you're strong but then I see you do stuff like this for reps, and it's all soooo clean. You're awesome.

What's the use of growing aerial muscles if you don't take the opportunity to show them off?

13 hours ago, Cataleya said:

I'm the most jealously proud person right now what are these feelings

I understand these feels.

8 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

That was awesome, great job!

Thanks! It was a LOT of fun.

Yesterday was open gym--the first one in  months where I didn't have choreo to work on or a routine to run through. It was... odd. Worked on some skills from class then did a bunch of really basic review on some really old skills. Like right and left hip key. heh. Wore myself out pretty good, really.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tei_ said:

That was AWESOME! 

Was as there someone in the audience with... an airhorn? Or kazoos of vuvuzelas or something? 

Hah! It was the one-year anniversary of the new studio location so we had birthday cake, hats and noisemakers. It was super noisy. Everyone was quite enthusiastic. :)