Challenge 3. Be a mama again

Happy Mama points -

Challenge 4. No dirty dishes 

Shiny kitchen points - 

Challenge 5. Stay Stubborn. 

Energy saver points - 

My challenge in the Full shell 

Challenge 1. Finish this challenge.

My whole nerd fitness career I've maybe fully finished 2 challenges....  To do this I am planning a smart route (well going to try). I'm going to check in while husband watches tv for 10 minutes to add points to my challenges and say "What up!?"  

Bragging points

Challenge 2. Go to the gym on Monday or Thursday at 1

For the first time in 2 years I'm on a set schedule at work. If I pick a specific time I know I'll be obligated to get there. 

Muscle points

Challenge 3. Be a mama again.

This year was a... pardon my French... a shit storm.  With my job and my husbands business, we lost ourselves knee deep in anxiety, stress, and stupid uncertainty. After a long deep conversation between each other, we've realized we've haven't been the family we've wanted. We've decided to slow the hell down and rely on ourselves to make ourselves happy. 

Step 1 in being happy

Spend quality time with kids

Draw

Video games

Board games (munchkins anyone?!?)

Play with legos

Play with shopkins    

Play with pet shops

Play!!!!

Step 2 in being happy

Make time. For him, kids, dogs and me. 

Happy mama points

Challenge 4. No dirty dishes.

I have a wee little kitchen. If I avoid doing dishes the whole house seems messy. When we come home, the kitchen is where we enter. It's so relaxing to come to a clean kitchen counter... 

this is going to be challenging but I will not give the excuses...

Shiny kitchen points

Challenge 5. Stay stubborn 

If there was one thing my husband would complain about me is that I'm stubborn. And.... I would have to agree... So why not use this to my advantage??

3 months ago I decided to stop worrying about what I ate or drank. I had enough stress and other obligations I decided to let something go and that was the stress of saying "no thank you" to the garlic bread. 

It's been a fun 3 months and I've been drinking my beer AND having pizza. Eating pancakes (REAL PANCAKES) for breakfast. Having chocolate and a sweetened latte.  

But in the last month I've had a fever of 103, strep throat, and stomach flu... all separate times.

I blame this on my diet. And I am DONE being sick...

DONE!

I'm going to go back to my diet that gives me energy and (hopefully) a healthier immune system. 

To do this I'm going to be stubborn and say no to wheat, sugar, and dairy. Im going to be realistic and I know a slice of pizza is going to sound great, so I'm going to count my streaks on how long I go without each one. If I make 3 days without any of them, that's awesome! If I go longer, woot! 

Energy saver points

• Like 8

Welcome back Butternut!

I like the way you name your points. :) Hopefully your first goal will help you keep on top of all your other goals. Good luck!

• Like 4

BUTTERNUT!

Your challenge is great and full of the butternut attitude I love. Ambitious goals there, but all so worthwhile, and with a good idea of how to make it happen. Happy to hear you finally have a predictable schedule. That should hopefully help in keeping organized.

I am especially looking forward to hear about the fun antics you get into with your kids. Your stories about those things are always fantastic.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

Welcome back Butternut!

I like the way you name your points. :) Hopefully your first goal will help you keep on top of all your other goals. Good luck!

Thank you zeroh! I wasn't thinking challenge 1 like that, that's awesome!  

7 hours ago, Severine said:

BUTTERNUT!

Your challenge is great and full of the butternut attitude I love. Ambitious goals there, but all so worthwhile, and with a good idea of how to make it happen. Happy to hear you finally have a predictable schedule. That should hopefully help in keeping organized.

I am especially looking forward to hear about the fun antics you get into with your kids. Your stories about those things are always fantastic.

Aw shucks Severine, thanks!  that meant alot.  I love being a kid.  Having kids to share it with makes it better and more acceptable to play with barbies....  

I feel bad because my daughter likes to play with barbies like a girl would, they are nice, doing each other make up, dressing up, but I like them to go on dumb adventures or a barbie realizing she has a man's voice and has to  find a way for it to be gone!  My daughter plays along rather well, but I know sometimes, she just wants to play barbies. We take turns.

Oh, sometime I'll have to tell you all the story of our lego guys.  One of them just had a mid-life crisis and quit his Mayor position in the Lego city.  He lives in my daughters room now away from the chaos of the city in my son's room.

• Like 6

Today I'm getting Shiny Kitchen points +2, Bragging points +1, and Energy saving points +1

The gym isn't open today...  But I will go tomorrow after work!  Did I mention I bought a year membership at the gym! :o I've been wanting to do that for 3 years now.  I finally had the balls to just go and do it.   

I love working out in the gym, I stay more focused and I finish all my reps.  

No happy mama points becasue my son went to a friends house and my dear little gal got sick so she hung out on the couch all day.  Her and I discovered Glitter Force on netflix, it is a Sailor moon rip off, but my daughter doesn't know that and loves the show.  Sailor moon was girly but this one is a little too girly for me, but I still do the dances at the end of the show....

Ok! Lets see if the will power keeps up! 

• Like 4

Welcome back.

I think the way you set up your challenge is really good. I admit I may of introduced Youngest to Sailor moon. She has decided that Sailor Moon herself is an idiot but loves Luna and Sailors Jupiter and Mercury. So its a fun thing we do on girls weekends.

Hopefully the little gal feels better soon. Thats never good for anyone when the kids are sick.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bean Sidhe said:

She has decided that Sailor Moon herself is an idiot but loves Luna and Sailors Jupiter and Mercury. So its a fun thing we do on girls weekends.

I'm inclined to agree. XD

• Like 4

1 hour ago, zeroh13 said:

I'm inclined to agree. XD

She was never my favorite. Jupiter and Mercury are. Mercury has the cool toys and the brains. Jupiter will just crush you first, figure it out later

• Like 3

Yay Butternut! Your challenge reminds me a lot of Gretchen Rubin's "The Happiness Project." If you haven't read it already and you've got a couple spare hours you should check it out. She basically divides her year up with one thing to work on every month to improve her overall happiness (and that of the people around her). Spoilers: it goes well. ;) 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

She was never my favorite. Jupiter and Mercury are. Mercury has the cool toys and the brains. Jupiter will just crush you first, figure it out later

Jupiter has always been my favorite!  Pluto was pretty darn cool too

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Butternut said:

So the sailor moon I have on DVD is Sailor Moon R Season 2. So that is what Youngest has see. She saw Pluto in an episode and Chibiusa called Sailor Pluto Plu, so now as far as Youngest is concerned. 

I need to get Season 1 Part 1 for Youngest and start her off correctly, but its something.

Great job turning down the pizza twice. That is awesome.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Butternut said:

My favorite is Saturn (and she is so awesome in the remake). <3 

22 hours ago, Butternut said:

Stubborn points +8! (Turned down pizza...TWICE!)

Nice!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Bookish Badger said:

Good to see you, Butternut! Following.

Hola friend! Good to see you too! 

4 hours ago, Vibrantella said:

That's some stubbornness! :applause:  Welcome back Butternut!

Thanks lady! So glad to see you around here!!

1 hour ago, zeroh13 said:

My favorite is Saturn (and she is so awesome in the remake). <3 

Nice!

Ooooh I forgot about Saturn. 

I got an amazon gift card for Christmas from work... I think Sailor moons going to be my first buy now

• Like 7

Stubborn points +10 (I was home all day)

shiny kitchen points +4

Mama points +4 

Bragging points +1

We made a man-made sledding hill for My 7 year old on our bottom deck! We had snow all over the deck, so we shoveled it to the stairs we don't use. I'm hoping it snows more to add more.

We also played munchkins (Little squash won)

Little squash and I played with Shopkins.

Also my son got a day by day calendar (those calendars you rip off the page that goes by days) and every day is a different holiday. Today was "happy trivia day" so we celebrated by playing trivial pursuit.

We left index cards out and we all wrote down random questions for dinner. We came up with some good ones.

My husband wrote "what flavor ice cream did mom bring to me that started our dating each other?"

Before we we were dating my husband was best friends with my sisters husband. Before we were dating we were all drinking and watching movies. My husband kept talking about how good ice cream sounded, my sister kept telling him to go grab a bowl but he would grunt and wouldn't do it. As I went through the kitchen I grabbed him a bowl of ice cream, my husband said his attraction for me went through the roof when I did that ^_^ couple of days later he asked me out. 

BUT I totally forgot the flavor! >.< 

It's funny how other people remember things you don't, even though you shared the moment together.

On another note I gave myself 10 points for stubbornness because when I'm home it's easier to over eat and eat un-needed food.

It was a good day! 

• Like 7

I love the ice cream story. I always find it interesting how people meet each other and do that. Sometimes its something very plain, but every so often, its something very awesome like this.

And I understand the overeating at home. you are not the only one that happens to.

I am glad you and your family had a good day at home.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

I love the ice cream story. I always find it interesting how people meet each other and do that. Sometimes its something very plain, but every so often, its something very awesome like this.

And I understand the overeating at home. you are not the only one that happens to.

I am glad you and your family had a good day at home.

Thank you!

Yes over eating is my profession. But my will power has been really high and I've been letting myself eat a big dinner if it fits my restrictions (no wheat, sugar, dairy) tonight I made a middle eastern dinner with braised lemons, chicken in a cinnamon, cumin, corridor sauce and I made Califlower rice on the side. I've been eating like a bird all day so I gave myself 2 drumsticks. I was planning on eating more but that was enough! 

Giving myself the go go ahead to over eat good food with dinner keeps me in check through the day.  I know eventually I'll cut down on that as well but til then, it's in my ball court

• Like 6

Shiny kitchen +5

Muscle points +3 (worked out at home!!)

Stubborn points +5

Bragging points +1

happy Mama points +6

My mother in laws have little squash some paper dolls.  Little squash and I teamed up and made a cartoon with them. 

This was from one of the pictures we took. I had so much fun! 

IMG_0872.thumb.JPG.2421e29943ff837522c3afd403bd3714.JPG

I was afraid little squash was going to lose interest but we did 10 picture of it.

• Like 8

On 5/1/2018 at 10:02 AM, Bean Sidhe said:

On 5/1/2018 at 12:19 PM, Vibrantella said:

Seconded :( 

Thirded, unfortunately. It's amazing how when I'm out of the house doing stuff, I feel perfectly fine for hours and hours and hours. At home, sometimes an hour after breakfast I start to get "hungry" (except it's not real hunger). So frustrating. 

Anyway, you're doing a fantastic job being stubborn  :) 

19 hours ago, Butternut said:

But my will power has been really high and I've been letting myself eat a big dinner if it fits my restrictions (no wheat, sugar, dairy) tonight I made a middle eastern dinner with braised lemons, chicken in a cinnamon, cumin, corridor sauce and I made Califlower rice on the side. I've been eating like a bird all day so I gave myself 2 drumsticks. I was planning on eating more but that was enough! 

That sounds really delicious.

And those paper dollars are amazing. Someone gave me those as a kid and I found them boring because it was just supposed to be about trying on different outfits and I didn't care about that. If I had someone who helped me make an awesome story with it, I would have liked them  :D

• Like 5

Happy Mama points +8

Shiny kitchen points +6

Muscle points +5 (cross fit documentary always gets me going!)

Bragging points +1

Stubborn points... Husband and I are having a date after the kids go down, I just ordered a large pepperoni and cheese... But +3 points for the day! 

• Like 7