• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Butternut

Butternut coming soon in 2018

10 hours ago, Butternut said:

Stubborn points +5

shiny kitchen +2 (I put my dirty cast irons in the oven.. it's kind of cheating)

muscle points +8

bragging points +1

Mama points +1

Depending on how dirty it was, I don't call it cheating, I call it reseasoning.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Depending on how dirty it was, I don't call it cheating, I call it reseasoning.

Lol! Yes... love it.

+5 Shiny kitchen points

+1 Bragging points 

• Like 3

Bragging points +1

So today was weird

i think I'm over doing it working out. I'm overly tired, being overly tired is making my willpower weak.

yesterday and today I've been eating alot of carbs.  Almost my habitual self sabotage, not caring just doing. 

Im going to move forward and just accept.  Make adjustments.  Im not happy with myself but that too is habitual. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

So yesterday was funky,  Sometimes we all have to just accept a bad day and move on. how did today go?

Well it was a bit better.

ive realized that at dinner time I eat even though I'm not hungry, I'll make a small plate or a big plate, I'll always eat. 

So so today I saved my appetite for dinner. 

Dinner means a lot to our family. No matter how much work my husband has, how bad our days were, EVERY night we are all around the dinner table. 

I'm realizing I'm re-negotiating with myself. 

If I over eat wheat, I'm groggy, I get sick, and I'm grumpy. Same with sugar.

im still 18 days without sugar but wheat is so easy to eat.  

I need to remember my why.

remember why I'm cutting it out. 

If i let one bite of toast in my mouth I'll end up having 2-3 slices.

If its in my environment, I'm more prone to eat it. 

Tomorrow I'm going to my sisters, I'm making lasagna. After that I want my stubbornness to start up again. 

• Like 6

Bragging points +1

shiny kitchen +3

muscle points +10

stubborn points +5

another note, I maybe feeling like I'm failing in the last week but I look at my points and I'm doing pretty good 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Butternut said:

another note, I maybe feeling like I'm failing in the last week but I look at my points and I'm doing pretty good 

This is why we keep track. It keeps us honest when we think we are doing great and arent, and it reminds us we are doing better than we think more often

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Butternut said:

I wrote in my journal

Recognize, Adjust, Adapt.

Wasnt sure though should adapt be before adjust or after? What are your guys thoughts?

For me, I think of it this way: recognize means to adapt your thinking, and adapt means more like adapt your behaviour or overall outlook? So like...step one, your mind adjusts enough that you recognize what the problem is. Then you make intentional changes (adjust) and the combination of changed behaviour and changed mindset is an overall adaptation?

But I think you could think of it in many different ways. Whichever one makes sense to you and is motivating is the best,

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Butternut said:

Recognize, Adjust, Adapt.

Wasnt sure though should adapt be before adjust or after? What are your guys thoughts?

1. Recognize what isn't working (or is working and you want to do more of it).

2. Adjust your routine to something that you think will work better.

3. Adapt to the new normal.

At least that's my take.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Severine said:

For me, I think of it this way: recognize means to adapt your thinking, and adapt means more like adapt your behaviour or overall outlook? So like...step one, your mind adjusts enough that you recognize what the problem is. Then you make intentional changes (adjust) and the combination of changed behaviour and changed mindset is an overall adaptation?

But I think you could think of it in many different ways. Whichever one makes sense to you and is motivating is the best,

Yup, this my thought process.

9 hours ago, Bookish Badger said:

1. Recognize what isn't working (or is working and you want to do more of it).

2. Adjust your routine to something that you think will work better.

3. Adapt to the new normal.

At least that's my take.

This is what I seems to go through this every two weeks :-/  

On the surface im always striving for clear water at all times, fore when its time to adjust I'm frustrated with myself I can't stay on the same task.

is that what makes a challenge challenging? As humans do we all go thru the same thing? Constantly having to adjust but stay on course? 

This is hard. 

BUT I'm excited cause I'm reminded of my first goal 1. Finish my challenge. 

Thats it. This is the 1st challenge im not vearing off to new goals that have popped up. 

• Like 5

This is what I seems to go through this every two weeks :-/  

On the surface im always striving for clear water at all times, fore when its time to adjust I'm frustrated with myself I can't stay on the same task.

is that what makes a challenge challenging? As humans do we all go thru the same thing? Constantly having to adjust but stay on course? 

This is hard. 

BUT I'm excited cause I'm reminded of my first goal 1. Finish my challenge. 

Thats it. This is the 1st challenge im not vearing off to new goals that have popped up. 

I don't have much to add, but I love the philosophycal take this thread it taking!

Then, if 4 weeks are too many why don't you split the challenge in two? I did that in cases I was living in two countries and it worked well! I am thinking of relaunching it next challenge: two shorter challenges, if it works,
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

I don't have much to add, but I love the philosophycal take this thread it taking!

Then, if 4 weeks are too many why don't you split the challenge in two? I did that in cases I was living in two countries and it worked well! I am thinking of relaunching it next challenge: two shorter challenges, if it works,

Its funny because I was thinking about that this morning, maybe I should change it up, maybe I will next challenge.

BUT I'm focusing on challenge #1 Finish THIS challenge.

I figured it out, it's not that I'm forgetting my goals or getting bored of them, 

It's that I'm adding onto my goals. Adding things that make me anxious to have to do more, then I start doing more and then I can't get to my original goals cause I'm trying to do something else... Eventually I get worked up cause I try to get ALL the goals done that I just throw the towel in and then I wonder why I haven't been able to finish a challenge.  

Today I realized I'm going to finish this challenge, nothing less, nothing more. Just my goals. 

• Like 3

Its funny because I was thinking about that this morning, maybe I should change it up, maybe I will next challenge.

BUT I'm focusing on challenge #1 Finish THIS challenge.

I figured it out, it's not that I'm forgetting my goals or getting bored of them, 

It's that I'm adding onto my goals. Adding things that make me anxious to have to do more, then I start doing more and then I can't get to my original goals cause I'm trying to do something else... Eventually I get worked up cause I try to get ALL the goals done that I just throw the towel in and then I wonder why I haven't been able to finish a challenge.  

Today I realized I'm going to finish this challenge, nothing less, nothing more. Just my goals. 

Yes, all this, yes!

My challenges work only when I don't put other goals around them. This one seem to be failing pretty spectacularly. But I have tried to establish a morning routine, an evening one and a career goal and... all on the side.

You know that they say that you should see the white of the plate in a serving? Well, if my day is the plate I am overeating :[

Next challenge I'll do better, January with the idea of resolutions just brought me down the board...

You keep focused, you can make it!!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

Yes, all this, yes!

My challenges work only when I don't put other goals around them. This one seem to be failing pretty spectacularly. But I have tried to establish a morning routine, an evening one and a career goal and... all on the side.

You know that they say that you should see the white of the plate in a serving? Well, if my day is the plate I am overeating :[

Next challenge I'll do better, January with the idea of resolutions just brought me down the board...

You keep focused, you can make it!!

Thanks!

ive had those challenges before.

what do you mean your over eating?

• Like 2

Thanks!

ive had those challenges before.

what do you mean your over eating?

I meant I do too much... I work more than I should, then each evening I am out (this week meetup, spiritual direction, dancing meditation, work meetup, work dinner, concert), and the washing machine broke down, so I am keeping quiet to find time for the repairman to come. And all the other stuff that I fill in: challenge, change in routine, running, pilates, some darebee, side projects, house cleaning (ahem, not much of this), keeping in touch with people,...
I find that from outside my life seems good, but sometimes is just a series of tasks to do that are just too many!
I want to pick new things up, but a day is 24h!
Do you find the same?
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

I meant I do too much... I work more than I should, then each evening I am out (this week meetup, spiritual direction, dancing meditation, work meetup, work dinner, concert), and the washing machine broke down, so I am keeping quiet to find time for the repairman to come. And all the other stuff that I fill in: challenge, change in routine, running, pilates, some darebee, side projects, house cleaning (ahem, not much of this), keeping in touch with people,...
I find that from outside my life seems good, but sometimes is just a series of tasks to do that are just too many!
I want to pick new things up, but a day is 24h!
Do you find the same?

Oh my, your preaching to the choir sister! 

I was feelimg that way with my work. I have my set schedule but my tasks have been adding and adding and adding. I don’t have anyone telling when and when not to do them, so I’ve been feeling scrambled!

BUT I bought some graph paper and made my own Hobonichi journal.

i took some time and wrote down EVERYTHING I want and need to do for work. Now each week I’ve been prioritizing on another page, and then before my work day I look from there and add 1 or 2 things from that list. AND THATS IT! 

Its been working really  nice 

• Like 3

I was feelimg that way with my work. I have my set schedule but my tasks have been adding and adding and adding. I don’t have anyone telling when and when not to do them, so I’ve been feeling scrambled!

i took some time and wrote down EVERYTHING I want and need to do for work. Now each week I’ve been prioritizing on another page, and then before my work day I look from there and add 1 or 2 things from that list. AND THATS IT! 

Do we share a piece of brain? I started journaling few days ago!
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Diadhuit said:
18 hours ago, Butternut said:

Do we share a piece of brain? I started journaling few days ago!

No way?! Nice.

its amazing seeing everything down on paper. It helps me clear and straighten my mind. 

• Like 2