• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

deftona

The Doodlies: Setting the World Alight

Welcome to 2018, Doodlies! 

This is a closed accountability group for Doodlies only. Apologies! 

Happy new year to you all, I hope you had a great festive/party season, but most of all I hope you're ready to work your butts off. 2018 lies stretched out before us and the opportunities it holds really are limitless at this point in time. So what are you going to do with all this possibility?

calendar-clipart-animated-gif-9.gif

This first accountability challenge is about setting the scene and getting 2018 off to the best start possible so for the first week, choose just one single goal and work at it every single day. By the end of the week, this habit should be pretty much down and then for week 2 we will add another goal, while maintaining the first goal. It will continue on like this for all 5 weeks of the challenge, and by the end of it you will have 5 new habits! And then it's up to you if you want to continue these habits further on down the line.

So join me in igniting the fire and starting the action. This time next year you'll be able to look back on this day as the moment all the amazing stuff you accomplished this year really started. Just pick your first goal and check in daily (or at the very least weekly) and tell us how you did. What will be your first goal? 

giphy.webp

2018, LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo! 

• Like 4

The first post has been updated with your challenge should you choose to accept it. 

My first goal will be to eat at least 5 portions of freggies each day. I got 7 yesterday so I am on track. If you didn't achieve the goal you want to set today yesterday, don't worry - just do it from today. 

• Like 3

I just happen to have 5 daily habits I'm working on this challenge. . . 

My first goal will be to focus on food.  Each day needs to be 100% compliant or under 1600 calories.  1 variance allowed.  

• Like 2

getting 2018 off to the best start possible so for the first week, choose just one single goal and work at it every single day.

I'm gonna start my first goal with getting my step count in.
d1896e3cf6f467f1063960a091e34310.jpg
  • Like 3

I'm with Korra!

I'm going to let my fitbit light up like a Christmas tree every day. (It does that when I reach my step goal :D  ). I got my steps Monday and today already.

Btw, did you know fitbit also counts "steps" as steps? ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm with Korra!
I'm going to let my fitbit light up like a Christmas tree every day. (It does that when I reach my step goal   ). I got my steps Monday and today already.

Btw, did you know fitbit also counts "steps" as steps?

Yay!
We should start a goal day challenge for extra accountability.

Do you mean "stairs" steps? Because my neighborhood has a hill that Fitbit says is two flight of stairs.
  • Like 1

Just now, Korranation said:

Do you mean "stairs" steps? Because my neighborhood has a hill that Fitbit says is two flight of stairs.

No. I ment "yoga", "working on your relationship", and all the other euphemisms that I can't come up with right now :D  

• Like 2

No. I ment "yoga", "working on your relationship", and all the other euphemisms that I can't come up with right now   

It slipped my mind that any "action" in quotes is automatically a euphemism for "yoga."
33702323311de179ffc3204229440f60.jpg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Terah said:

Btw, did you know fitbit also counts "steps" as steps? ;)

Once, I left my Fitbit One on my bra during "steps" and when I finished it lit up with the words "HIGH FIVE!" on the screen. 

It knew O_o

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Since I'm still Week Zeroing (sandbagging to make the year-end weight loss appear more impressive ;)) I'll make it my goal to post something encouraging on someone's challenge thread each day.  Um, starting yesterday. :D

• Like 1

I managed 5/7 days sticking to my calorie goal but both those days were counted against my variances.  

This week I'll add my 7 hours of sleep goal to the 1600 calorie goal and stick to both.  

5 minutes ago, Rab397 said:

Cool! then i will join you guys starting next week

No need to wait unless you want to - you can do a partial week if you like? We're not going against each other this time anyway so jump in as soon as you like. 

• Like 1

On 18-1-2018 at 8:55 PM, deftona said:

No need to wait unless you want to - you can do a partial week if you like? We're not going against each other this time anyway so jump in as soon as you like. 

I find starting at a monday a lot easier.
The goal for this week is to actually get up when my alarm clock goes!