• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ValkyrieRising

Valkyrie Rising - Still Figuring It Out

I survived the snow. Not the flumonia deathitis it brought with it. Unfortunately with my still compromised immune system I caught it all. Got sick, sicker, really sick and spent 6 days in the hospital and currently curled up in bed trying not to cough or sneeze or move or breathe. The challenge took an arrow to the knee! But....tis only a flesh wound! I shall continue forth and try to finish it out strong....or at least not with a whimper. 
Sorry to hear this and I love your spirit! Take care of your body, heal, drink all the magic potions the doctors give you and get your health back :)

7 hours ago, ValkyrieRising said:

I survived the snow. Not the flumonia deathitis it brought with it. Unfortunately with my still compromised immune system I caught it all. Got sick, sicker, really sick and spent 6 days in the hospital and currently curled up in bed trying not to cough or sneeze or move or breathe. The challenge took an arrow to the knee! But....tis only a flesh wound! I shall continue forth and try to finish it out strong....or at least not with a whimper. 

Rest up and get better! There will always be more challenges, no matter how this one ends. :)

• Like 1

Okay, here's the challenge end wrap up. 

I can't say I did well the last 3 weeks. Catching the flu, hospital stay and the week after the flu wrung me out. I managed to not only NOT food prep anything but not clean the house and not stick to my calorie goals. Admittedly the first 2 weeks of the 3 weeks I was so under my goals it was insane. Having the flu means not wanting anything to eat beyond broth really. And lots and lots of water. My throat and lips were so cracked and dry I was sure I was in a desert. After getting out of the hospital I was home and off work another week and while feeling better I was feeling sorry enough for myself that I resorted to comfort foods per my usual and medicated myself with processed cheese and noodles, grilled cheese, baking the world in the form of nutella cake....etc etc. I also binged on soda, destroying my water only record. 

However Im back to work this week and while I have not food prepped this week it's mostly due to no food being in my fridge since I wasn't safe to go out into public and become the next Typhoid Mary. Ill be going shopping tonight after work and cleaning the kitchen and my stuff up and working on next weeks challenge. All in all not the best of challenges however I accept I had legitimate medical concerns preventing me from following through so I'm not beating myself up over this. (Well maybe a little) Just going to focus on the next challenge next week and figuring out what I want for that!!

• Like 2

Glad you're feeling better. Concentrate on getting back to optimal health, then you can worry about tackling another challenge. You did well, despite your sick-adversary. :)