Time to get back on track!

Hey there folks!

I started with NFA about 8-9 months ago if I'm not mistaken, and I was totally pumped and energized and psyched about finally feeling like I was on my way to change some bad habits and hopefully start feeling better about myself.

Then came the move and starting my internship. A whole new city, new people to get to know, new work to learn and some where along those tracks I lost what had become my new habits. I stopped taking my morning walks, it suddenly became more difficult finding time for working out (read: less prioritized) and hanging out with new colleagues naturally added frequent pizza-eating that I wasn't strong enough to say "no" to. Before I ever really realized it, I had lost pretty much all the progress I had managed to build up in those first months of my NFA journey.

Lately, however, I've been getting more and more energetic. It's like I've awoken after a long sleep and I'm ready and psyched to get back on track again. I'm tired of my shirts all suddenly tight around my belly. I'm tired of getting short of breath while riding my bike home from work. I'm tired of slouching and wondering why everyone else is so more self-confident than me. I've got roughly 7 months before I turn 30 and dammit, I'm not gonna pass that milestone feeling and looking like this!

Let's do this!

• Like 1

I feel your pain, man.  I moved across country about 3 years ago, and it took a little while to break into good eating/exercising habits again.  Fortunately the new place I work has a free gym for employees so I can go during my lunch break.  Started back strong in early 2016 going 3-4 times a week, but fell off in July '16 (around vacation time, and family birthdays).  Same thing happened last year around August. (though I went back a few scattered times in the last part of the year.)  At least you have the bike!  Good way to keep it in the front of your mind.

Creating a Nerdfitness Character seemed to help a lot with keeping regular and keeping my goals in sight.  I'm starting back again this week, and going to try to sustain it to December this time.

Good luck!