Raxie

tumblr_mdpiu28qb41qh01r8o1_500.gif

Hooray we have made it to 2018!! I am pretty excited.  The last year was a year full of ups and downs for me, but overall it was just horribly busy.  Busy in both good ways and bad, but just when I look back at the year it just seems like a whirl wind of emotion and stress.  I really lost track of my goals and a bit of the fun-loving, motivated person I have grown into over the past few years.  This is the first year in YEARS that I don't already have 100 things planned, I can actually look at my calendar and it isn't CRAMMED full of things every single weekend.  I am so beyond excited about this.  I want to take this year to breathe - settle back into my habits that kind of got lost along the way, and reclaim myself, my time, and really focus on me.

The last challenge was kind of a mental cleanse for me, I abandoned a lot of the side fitness projects I had been trying to do and overwhelming myself with.  I really like what I ended up with, while I still want to pursue archery, OCRs, rucking, boxing, and gymnastics... I needed to break it down to the top couple of things to really focus on and I am really glad I did.  I am going to continue with that for this challenge, but instead of focusing on the Rangerbrain decluttering portion of it, I am going to focus on really diving deep into those couple of things I have chosen to focus on.  Those things are lifting, dancing, and food.

The goals are below.  Passing is meeting my goals 100% of the time for all 5 weeks.  Variances are already worked into each goal so this isn't unreasonable.

Fitness Goal 1: Pick Things Up and Put Them Down

tumblr_n3bv9dTtRj1sxp8hho1_500.gif

I did really well with reducing my lifting days to twice a week from three times a week and I'm going to keep on with that.

• Stronglifts 2x/week
  • Variance: Can shift a workout to the next week and do 3x/week as a make up ONCE this challenge

Fitness Goal 2: Dance Dance Dance

tumblr_mvycom245K1rerzc4o1_400.gif

I completely fell in love with ballroom dancing last year while learning our first dance for my wedding and I want to really focus on it.  I did ballet for 15 years when I was younger, and I'm eyeing a ballet studio that I might hit up for adult classes when I work up the courage.  If I don't, that's OK, I'll do online barre classes in my room.  Either way I need to do stuff to work on my posture.

• Dance Class 3x/week
  • Barre or ballet 1x/week
  • Variance: Can do a quick 10-minute pilates workout instead of barre ONCE this challenge.

Fitness Goal 3: Recovery

gastos-free-stress-relief-08-meditate.gi

ROMWOD (Range of Motion Workout of the Day) has done wonders for me, and I picked up with it regularly again last challenge and I want to stick with it.  I'm going to try to start doing it in the morning instead of before bed and see how that works for me, since I really miss my morning yoga practice but I don't want to add anything extra to my plate.

• ROMWOD 5x/week
  • Variance: ROMWOD Warrior (a once a week twice as long WOD) can count as 2 sessions once a week as a make up TWICE this challenge

Food Goal: Eat Clean

anigif_enhanced-1309-1427219672-9.gif?do

My definition of clean isn't quite paleo or gluten free, but I know it works for me. Last challenge I took it easy and just wanted to not eat like an a-hole through the holidays... which aside from one holiday and pet-loss induced binge session I did really well.  I'm ready to drill this down to be more specific. Here are my rules:

• No added sugar to recipes or beverages
  • Gluten-free-ish.  Whole grains are OK (and not like bread, like actual whole grains I can see and pick up, like farro or wheat berries) and this is limited to once a week.
  • No cheese or milk.  Dairy is OK in the form of ghee and sometimes butter in cooking.
  • Eat out only once a week
  • Drink alcohol once a week, and only up to three drinks are allowed that night.  Try to stick to wine and cider, one of the three drinks can be beer only.
  • Variance on sugar and cheese is allowed once a week (probably will co-align with eating out but it doesn't have to)

Life Goal: Laundry & Decluttering

tumblr_inline_mhj433IuIW1qz4rgp.gif

I've been so busy my apartment has become my dumping grounds as opposed to my sanctuary. This needs to change.

• 15 minutes of decluttering per day 5x/week
  • Laundry twice a week and put away clothes within 24 hours of washing them.
  • Variance: Can skip TWO declutter sessions throughout the challenge.  Laundry can be done less if it isn't needed.

• Like 10

First!!

And the challenge looks awesome, Raxie :)

Wolf

"Maximum Effort!"

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Loving the new profile pic.

And THIRD!

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

2 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

First!!

And the challenge looks awesome, Raxie :)

Wolf

"Maximum Effort!"

tumblr_o690l2keNk1vqcn8io1_1280.gif

30 minutes ago, PrincessMononoke said:

SECOND! Now i will read it! lol

ETA:
BUFFY!! O I AM IN LOOOVE WITH THIS CHALLENGE<3

Yay Buffy and YAYYYY YOU'RE HEREEEEE <3

Hopefully I expressed my excitement enough on your thread but if not

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Loving the new profile pic.

And THIRD!

Thanks! I figured if I'm reclaiming myself, I might as well just be me instead of some other thing that inspires me.  I should inspire me!

3 minutes ago, ladylydia said:

Very nice challenge,  what's your favorite ballroom dance?

Thanks!  Honestly I'm not sure yet!  I've only been doing it for ~4ish months.  It's a HUGE change from ballet which is what I'm used to in terms of dance and movement.  I'm really loving foxtrot, I've come the farthest with it and feel the most confident with it.  I really love Argentine Tango but I only really like doing it with Mr. Raxie.  So much of that dance is about following precise leads that are really subtle and I have a hard time doing it with guys I don't know and can't read their every little motion and eye contact cues. Foxtrot I can do with anyone with ease and have a ton of fun with it.

• Like 2

The battle to rid the world of the dreaded Floordrobe continues, I see, and I shall fight bravely by your side (not officially, but I may need to add a check box to my journal). Honestly, I have no idea why it's so hard, if you figure it out let me know...

But great goals! Can't wait to see how it goes!!

• Like 1

Dare mighty thingsCurrent Challenge

Nice challenge! Mine is prettt much a clone of one I did three years ago, so I get what you mean about getting back to the best bits of who you used to be.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: #OperationWeddingSuit

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 

9 hours ago, obax said:

The battle to rid the world of the dreaded Floordrobe continues, I see, and I shall fight bravely by your side (not officially, but I may need to add a check box to my journal). Honestly, I have no idea why it's so hard, if you figure it out let me know...

But great goals! Can't wait to see how it goes!!

It's basically never ending.  I don't understand why it's so hard either!!! I really need to get a grip on it.  I even threw away (ie donated) a tonnnnnnn of clothes last year and it didn't really seem to help.

6 hours ago, Big_Show said:

Nice challenge! Mine is prettt much a clone of one I did three years ago, so I get what you mean about getting back to the best bits of who you used to be.

Going back to the basics feels really good right about now!

3 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

ERMAGHERD RAXIE *HUGSHUGSHUGS*

DRRRRR!!!!! :D

giphy.gif

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Raxie said:

It's basically never ending.  I don't understand why it's so hard either!!! I really need to get a grip on it.  I even threw away (ie donated) a tonnnnnnn of clothes last year and it didn't really seem to help.

I have a very large collection of t-shirts and every now and then I go through my drawer and donate a bunch, usually at least 3 or 4, but somehow the drawer doesn't become any less full... And I'm not replacing the ones I'm getting rid of, I make a conscious effort to not buy (many) t-shirts because I know I already own too many. Maybe that's why it's so hard, clothing has some physical quality similar to a gas whereby it expands to fill whatever container you put it in. We're actually winning the battle but it just doesn't seem that way because the pile automatically fills the same volume and we don't notice it's just getting less dense... Yeah, that must be it....

• Like 2

Dare mighty thingsCurrent Challenge

*waves from the cheap seats*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Level 75 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

RAXIIIIEEEEE!!! <3333333

2018's gonna rule WE ARE GONNA MAKE IT RULE SO HARD

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

Here to watch Raxie kick 2018's ass by dancing it into oblivion. 

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

Omg before I even saw @Wild Wolf's  comment, my thought was, Jeebus, MAXIMUM RANGERERING much? - and thought about finding a Deadpool gif.      Great minds from Team Wolf, right right?! ;)

But I love it.   Great goals, thought out well, and achievable my a ranger of Raxie's experience.

Following along my friend!

Level 72 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Following!  I'm glad things are looking calmer, and you finally have some time to focus on yourself. :)

21 hours ago, Raxie said:

ROMWOD (Range of Motion Workout of the Day) has done wonders for me, and I picked up with it regularly again last challenge and I want to stick with it. 

My definition of clean isn't quite paleo or gluten free, but I know it works for me. Last challenge I took it easy and just wanted to not eat like an a-hole through the holidays... which aside from one holiday and pet-loss induced binge session I did really well.  I'm ready to drill this down to be more specific. Here are my rules:

Oooh.. I've never heard of ROMWOD, but now I'm really intrigued.  How long does each WOD usually take?  I'm feeling particularly stiff and inflexible lately, so this sounds great!

Also, if it makes you feel better, your definition of clean is much more strict than mine.  I'm in the "eating clean = don't eat like an asshole + no eating out" camp. :P  You're setting a much higher bar than that.  

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

12 hours ago, Knightwatch said:

I like it.  I like it very much.  :)

Good luck!

Woot woot, thanks!!

10 hours ago, obax said:

I have a very large collection of t-shirts and every now and then I go through my drawer and donate a bunch, usually at least 3 or 4, but somehow the drawer doesn't become any less full... And I'm not replacing the ones I'm getting rid of, I make a conscious effort to not buy (many) t-shirts because I know I already own too many. Maybe that's why it's so hard, clothing has some physical quality similar to a gas whereby it expands to fill whatever container you put it in. We're actually winning the battle but it just doesn't seem that way because the pile automatically fills the same volume and we don't notice it's just getting less dense... Yeah, that must be it....

I donated three full garbage bags of clothes.  Somehow the remaining clothes have managed to make breed, or act gaseous... or something. Because it's just impossible.

10 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

*waves from the cheap seats*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are no cheap seats here! :D

6 hours ago, shaar said:

RAXIIIIEEEEE!!! <3333333

2018's gonna rule WE ARE GONNA MAKE IT RULE SO HARD

WE SO ARE GOING TO CONQUOR AND RULE AND BE QUEEN PEOPLE. BECAUSE, YEAH!

5 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Here to watch Raxie kick 2018's ass by dancing it into oblivion. 

:) That's the plan!

4 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

That's my jam. B)

I read that the first time and I was like yay  more hive mind keeping it simple back to basics people for this challenge! And then I read it again and was like oh. *facepalm*

4 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Omg before I even saw @Wild Wolf's  comment, my thought was, Jeebus, MAXIMUM RANGERERING much? - and thought about finding a Deadpool gif.      Great minds from Team Wolf, right right?! ;)

But I love it.   Great goals, thought out well, and achievable my a ranger of Raxie's experience.

Following along my friend!

:) Thanks 'puck!! Really looking forward to this one for the first time in a while.

3 hours ago, Nymeria said:

Following!  I'm glad things are looking calmer, and you finally have some time to focus on yourself. :)

Oooh.. I've never heard of ROMWOD, but now I'm really intrigued.  How long does each WOD usually take?  I'm feeling particularly stiff and inflexible lately, so this sounds great!

Also, if it makes you feel better, your definition of clean is much more strict than mine.  I'm in the "eating clean = don't eat like an asshole + no eating out" camp. :P  You're setting a much higher bar than that.  

Me. Too.  For real.  Actually getting a second to focus on what I want to do I realize why I've had such a hard time the past few months with challenges... because I haven't had that!  This one'll be great.

ROMWOD is amazing! I really love it and would highly recommend it to anyone, it's honestly made a big difference in my life.  It is REALLY deep stretching, akin to yin yoga but less yoga-y.  It is a monthly subscription but I totally think it's worth the new WODs every single day.  Each one is roughly 20 minutes, and there's always a shortened ~15 minutes on available too if you're short on time.  Then once a week they have a 40 minute warrior sequence that has some deep breathing practice, some intense long holds on stretches, and a bit of movement as well.  They offer a week for free if you want to check it out.

• Like 2

pEM1Q7z.gif

Time for an update!

I'm still getting over my cold, and last night I had AWFUL insomnia and legit slept zero minutes, which has never happened to me before.  I've gotten less than an hour of sleep before due to my insomnia but never just stare-at-the-ceiling-until-my-alarm-goes-off bs. So today I took it way easy and am going to bed as soon as I post this, no work outs or dance.  But there are still 5 days to this week to get that done.  I did complete ROMWOD yesterday and today, have eaten well both days, and did my 15 minutes of decluttering both days.  No laundry has been done yet but I will probably need to do it tomorrow.  So I think I am off to a good start.

My plan for the rest of the week is:

Wednesday: Swing Class

Thursday: Foxtrot Class and Barre Workout (Foxtrot is basically just walking around workout wise so doubling up on this is not an issue)

Friday: Lift
Saturday: Salsa Class & Hike for the mini challenge

Sunday: Lift

I've been researching good hikes for the winter time around here and think I may have found a good one... where I go really depends on the amount of snow we get Thursday and if it melts.  I've seen predictions of everything from 1" to 4 feet so... only time will tell.  I'm hoping we get enough that there's still some left on the ground for the hike (yay snow pictures!) but not enough to make it hard to find a trail to even use.

• Like 5

What a fun week. Love all the dance class. Swing and Salsa are so fun, haven't ever tried Foxtrot. Hope you sleep well tonight

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

1 hour ago, Raxie said:

I read that the first time and I was like yay  more hive mind keeping it simple back to basics people for this challenge! And then I read it again and was like oh. *facepalm*

I meant it both ways.  :D

• Like 1

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

I hope you are asleep right now and wake up in the morning refreshed.

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I hate it when I sleep like arse too. Many sympathy. Much bearhug.

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: #OperationWeddingSuit

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 

Ugh on the sleeplessness.   That would make me bonkers.

But omg, you made me want to plan a winter hike as soon as the temps get back above 20!!!

Let's do a photo exchange of our winter hikes, ok?   That'll totes encourage me to not back out of it.

Level 72 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81