Wobbegong Prepares for the Best

What's your starter pokemon?   

14 members have voted

1. 1. What's your starter pokemon?

• Bulbasaur
    • Squirtle
    • Charmander
    • Pikachu

Nice my company is actually upgrading to Win 10. I already have win 10 since October last year or so. I was actually a little surprised but this company actually takes life cycle management seriously. As in other LCM initiatives are on going to bring us new development software etc.

Sorry you had such a funky eating day -hug-
I hope you're feeling better by now :)

Hmmm I dunno about Kindle ads I read Amazon ebooks, but through the Kindle app on my Android phone ;) (no ads there)
But it's funny they shut it off when you complain.

I love reading ebooks on the train. I'm just a slow slow reader and I don't always read on my commute. Currently reading Changers book two, because I put A Song of Ice and Fire on hold in favor of some light reading [emoji14]
Happy reading ^^

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

Well, before I could finish expressing my mystification, the Amazon Help person turned off "Special Deals" on my kindle entirely, so I guess it's not my problem anymore. (Apparently this is a thing you can buy for $20 but I have never seen it listed anywhere and clearly they will give it to you for free if you complain, so if anyone else is annoyed with their kindle ads, heads up.) It's not like I'm attached to the ads -- not having them is fantastic so far -- but it was very much not what I was angling for. 

I usually get great customer service from Amazon, but lately they've seemed...overeager? I thought it was just them not reading, but now that I read your thing, I think overeager to please might be a better fit. I was trying to get my mom's Kindle fixed because we had just bought it and it completely quit turning on, but it turns out the one she got (7? 8?) only had a 90 day warranty so they wanted me to just buy a new one and offered something ridiculous like a 5% discount. I asked them if I could send it to them for recycling without commenting on the discount, and they upped their discount on a new one to 20%. So yeah. Head scratches all around, but I'm glad they did something for you!

• Like 3

Things to do today because I keep adding things to my mental list and forgetting them and I'm starting to feel like it's an endless loop of infinite things and I need to know it's not:

• Cook breakfast
  • Go to grocery store
  • Do laundry
    • BEDSHEETS = PRIORITY #1
    • Also clothing but seriously bedsheets
    • I had a dream last night that involved being shamed about my bedsheets so for real clean them
  • Remove trash from room
  • Vacuum!!!!
  • Deal with work admin stuff to fend off the dreaded micromanaging founder lady
  • Deal with work facebook page ugh
  • Stress out about when the best time to quit is
  • Research whether a tablet or laptop is better suited to my needs
  • Go for a walk?!?! (Maybe I should walk to the grocery store. That'd be nice.) 
    • I still have no running shoes so walking it is. But I'm seriously bursting at the seams over here so. Yeah. 
  • Submit work hours in ADP
    • Why tf do I still have so much vacation time you guys I have been trying my damnedest to go through it in preparation for quitting and I still have in excess of 40 hours WHAT IS THIS (it will be paid out to me if I don't use it but seriously I just took seven days off over Christmas)
    • Not to mention more sick leave than I can use at a time despite attempting to burn through it also at a rate of 1 day off per pay period. I clearly fell off schedule with this. 
    • This is probably a weird thing to be complaining about but I have been trying really hard to use it not just because I am quitting but also because people in my demographics tend not to use their vacation time because we think it makes us look insincere, selfish, and/or lazy apparently (thanks society) and I'm clearly failing
  • JET会見の為に日本語を勉強する!
    • Technically you don't need to know Japanese at all to get into the JET program but it feels like it probably reflects badly if you indicate you graduated with a degree in a language but are not be able to speak it so yeah study
  • Reflect on why the items on this list got progressively longer and more anxious
  • Work on your challenge damnit
  • Beta that fic you promised to beta
  • I'm starting to blank out so I think that's everything??
  • Like 4
On 1/20/2018 at 8:29 PM, Wobbegong said:

I had a really weird food day today. I know weekend breakfast is not one of my challenges, but I didn't eat anything at all until I got to the rally. I didn't eat between eight pm last night and one thirty this afternoon, when I walked by a hotdog stand and realized it had been a while and I should probably eat something. That's a 17.5 hour fast! Wth, Wobbegong. Then after I left the march I figured since I was going to walk right by it and I don't eat much ice cream in general anyway I could treat myself to some Over the Moon, which is a stupid local ice cream shop where they hand-churn all their own ice cream in small batches. It's ridiculously creamy. #caramelcookiedough

Weirdly enough, I actually had a similar experience that was what got me into intermittent fasting.  It was a crazy weekend with bizarre food feelings, but at the end of it I was like "oh yeah, I guess I actually can fast for 18 hours; okay, let's do this." :P  That ice cream sounds amazing.  Cookie dough ice cream is so good~.

17 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

I'm pretty hesitant to buy most things, but the exception is ebooks. I have an ebook problem. (And by that I mean I buy like eight a year, it's not that big a problem.)

Hahaha, me too.  Books were the one thing that my parents rarely ever said no to when I was a kid, since they wanted to encourage the reading habit.  With the invention of the ebook and the instantaneous delivery to my ipad, I now need to consciously limit myself from buying more than four a month.  >_>  I tell myself to go to the free section if I really need something else to read.  xD

1 hour ago, Wobbegong said:

Do laundry

• BEDSHEETS = PRIORITY #1
  • Also clothing but seriously bedsheets
  • I had a dream last night that involved being shamed about my bedsheets so for real clean them

I feel like this needs to be on my list too.  I haven't had the dream yet, but I'm pretty sure it's coming...

Submit work hours in ADP

• Why tf do I still have so much vacation time you guys I have been trying my damnedest to go through it in preparation for quitting and I still have in excess of 40 hours WHAT IS THIS (it will be paid out to me if I don't use it but seriously I just took seven days off over Christmas)
  • Not to mention more sick leave than I can use at a time despite attempting to burn through it also at a rate of 1 day off per pay period. I clearly fell off schedule with this. 
  • This is probably a weird thing to be complaining about but I have been trying really hard to use it not just because I am quitting but also because people in my demographics tend not to use their vacation time because we think it makes us look insincere, selfish, and/or lazy apparently (thanks society) and I'm clearly failing

I don't have this issue as a consultant that only gets to bill hourly, but some of my coworkers have an established "must take every Friday off" rule because of this.  Maybe you could do something similar like take a day off every week?  Or maybe every two weeks if your manager is nit picky?  

Technically you don't need to know Japanese at all to get into the JET program but it feels like it probably reflects badly if you indicate you graduated with a degree in a language but are not be able to speak it so yeah study

...but how can you go to Japan to teach English without knowing Japanese?  Or am I missing something where you can do other things without having to know Japanese? o_0

Reflect on why the items on this list got progressively longer and more anxious

This happens to my lists too.  xD  I usually make myself stop when my list items start turning into paragraphs instead of one to two liners.  

Work on your challenge damnit

200_d.gif  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, Jlailin said:

Weirdly enough, I actually had a similar experience that was what got me into intermittent fasting.  It was a crazy weekend with bizarre food feelings, but at the end of it I was like "oh yeah, I guess I actually can fast for 18 hours; okay, let's do this." :P  That ice cream sounds amazing.  Cookie dough ice cream is so good~.

I routinely end up fasting for ridiculous periods unintentionally but when I plan to fast I get really grouchy and food conscious and it's no good. Also I really like breakfast and currently have a family obligation to eat dinner so normally it wouldn't work in my schedule. When I move I might try IF with eating hours from 8am - 2pm or something and see how that goes, but for now it's not really feasible. 

I feel like this needs to be on my list too.  I haven't had the dream yet, but I'm pretty sure it's coming...

My dream was a mix of stress about a lot of things. Basically what happened was I got accepted to the JET program but hadn't heard my assignment or timeline yet, but my parents just decided "that's it she's leaving" and rented out my room to someone else and didn't tell me. So I went to pick my sister up from the airport but it turned out she had just flown up to see me off, and she was like "No man I've met Tom he's really nice the parents are probably not going to let him stop living there now that he's moved in" and my response was basically "Wtf do you mean now that he's moved in I haven't packed yet my room is a mess and I don't have a plane ticket" so we went back home and this guy (apparently Tom) was like lounging in my bed in my FILTHY BEDSHEETS and he didn't complain at all but I was super embarrassed. It was awkward. Bedsheets are now in the laundry machine. 

I don't have this issue as a consultant that only gets to bill hourly, but some of my coworkers have an established "must take every Friday off" rule because of this.  Maybe you could do something similar like take a day off every week?  Or maybe every two weeks if your manager is nit picky?  

That might be a good idea. Although I'm also considering just having them paid out to me when I quit. I was thinking I might just have my "last" week of work be vacation but it'd be better to have the money. 

...but how can you go to Japan to teach English without knowing Japanese?  Or am I missing something where you can do other things without having to know Japanese? o_0

Since it's an exchange program you're not required to know anything about Japan, just stuff about your English-speaking country. But I also have always wondered how people get by with no Japanese language skills at all. Like. Reading a train's timetable. Ordering food in a restaurant. Buying groceries. Not to mention paying your bills?! And ATMs in Japan have an "English" option but it's only for tourists and has super limited transaction options. They have a system set up for some kind of money transfer that I do not think exists in the US but is important in Japan and you can do it from the ATM but only in Japanese. So like. Good luck??? 

This happens to my lists too.  xD  I usually make myself stop when my list items start turning into paragraphs instead of one to two liners.  

But I had to push through because the point of the list is to get the anxiety out of my head and onto the page. 

200_d.gif  

I'm totally Marlin in this gif. Why tf even everything. (I've actually been unusually productive this morning thanks to my list, so even though I'm grumpy about it I'm counting it as a win.) 

• Like 2

Go Wobbe!!!!
You can do the things!!

Writing to get stuff out of your head and lists in general are my best ways to manage stress :)
So I totally get getting more anxious as your brains slowly stops hiding it away.

I hope clearing things off the list will help you get more peace of mind!

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, Wobbegong said:

I routinely end up fasting for ridiculous periods unintentionally but when I plan to fast I get really grouchy and food conscious and it's no good

This was so true for me as well!  All the hangry memes describe perfectly.  My old classmates would regularly feed me on group projects because of it. :P 

29 minutes ago, Wobbegong said:

Also I really like breakfast and currently have a family obligation to eat dinner so normally it wouldn't work in my schedule. When I move I might try IF with eating hours from 8am - 2pm or something and see how that goes, but for now it's not really feasible. 

Yeah, IF is definitely a lot harder when you're living with other people you eat meals with.  I don't know if I would've really been able to do it with family around.

30 minutes ago, Wobbegong said:

My dream was a mix of stress about a lot of things. Basically what happened was I got accepted to the JET program but hadn't heard my assignment or timeline yet, but my parents just decided "that's it she's leaving" and rented out my room to someone else and didn't tell me. So I went to pick my sister up from the airport but it turned out she had just flown up to see me off, and she was like "No man I've met Tom he's really nice the parents are probably not going to let him stop living there now that he's moved in" and my response was basically "Wtf do you mean now that he's moved in I haven't packed yet my room is a mess and I don't have a plane ticket" so we went back home and this guy (apparently Tom) was like lounging in my bed in my FILTHY BEDSHEETS and he didn't complain at all but I was super embarrassed. It was awkward. Bedsheets are now in the laundry machine. 

Oh no, that dream sounds so stressful!  D:  That would definitely motivate me to wash my bed sheets too.

34 minutes ago, Wobbegong said:

Since it's an exchange program you're not required to know anything about Japan, just stuff about your English-speaking country. But I also have always wondered how people get by with no Japanese language skills at all. Like. Reading a train's timetable. Ordering food in a restaurant. Buying groceries. Not to mention paying your bills?! And ATMs in Japan have an "English" option but it's only for tourists and has super limited transaction options. They have a system set up for some kind of money transfer that I do not think exists in the US but is important in Japan and you can do it from the ATM but only in Japanese. So like. Good luck??? 

Yeah, this just baffles me.  ...Like I wouldn't even consider going on a foreign exchange program unless I knew I would be able to have basic survival skills in that country like you mentioned above.  I mean I guess some people learn on their feet and don't mind that sort of situation, but it's just crazy to me for someone to not even have a rudimentary knowledge of the language when planning to live there for awhile.

37 minutes ago, Wobbegong said:

But I had to push through because the point of the list is to get the anxiety out of my head and onto the page. 

Ahhh, okay.  Yes, I completely missed your first sentence above the list that stated why you were making the list.  My lists tend to be more of "oh yeah, I need to do these things"--more for planning than getting out anxiety.

41 minutes ago, Wobbegong said:

I'm totally Marlin in this gif. Why tf even everything. (I've actually been unusually productive this morning thanks to my list, so even though I'm grumpy about it I'm counting it as a win.) 

Definite win! :D 

VDUsYCbbRXoBWgTWRrnT22OZGoi0UA9ys6bHeYW3  

• Like 2

Dad: I need your help with the car I'm building

Me: Sweet! Car building during work hours! Yes!

Dad: See these holes? I need you to go into the car and put these screws through the holes from the bottom. I'll tighten washers on them on this side. 

Me: Yes, excellent, I can totally do this job. 

Me: *gets into the car* Where tf are tho-- oh. Up there beyond where the dashboard would be. Ok. *flops across the front seats with my feet out the driver's window to get my head to an angle where I can see these stupid holes* 

*We finish and Dad looks up*

Dad: You look comfortable

Me: Stfu 

Fun times building minis :) 

This report has been brought to you by "What do you mean? I'm not procrastinating, I'm being helpful"

• Like 5
8 hours ago, Jarric said:

Well done on your list - looks like you got a load done on top of the car work

I did! Plenty more to do today but I definitely made big progress yesterday. I'm very pleased. I also slept really well, which I assume was from a combination of the afternoon walk and the clean bedsheets. Clean sheets are magic. 

Today has actually kind of gotten away from me... between Nerd Fitness, taking my car to the shop, and lunching with my dad over an episode of Godless there's been plenty going on, but not much productivity. Hroom. 

If I could spend my day doing anything it would be reading my psych books but I have to study, beta that story, and do at least some measure of room-cleaning before I'll be free. We'll see how it goes. 

• Like 5

I started beta-ing but this story is surprisingly long so I'm taking a break. Room is not clean but trash is taken out which makes a significant difference. Japanese has not been studied and really needs to be but... uggggh. I'm taking a reading break. 

• Like 3

I am not sure why I'm so surprised about how tired I am today, but I am. Boo. 

I can't wait to get my running shoes, they should arrive tomorrow. Being able to run again will make such a difference. Also planning to spend the weekend at a friend's house and maybe get a bit of a break there. 

I had initially planned that today would be "catch up on forums" day and also "do some more reading" and also "work on challenge goal #3" but so far I haven't done any of those things. One of my friends from college had sort of a mental breakdown this morning and a crew of our friends got together online to bolster her and it ended up mostly just being a shit-fest. It was good to chat with all of them, of course, but unexpected and kind of draining. Again, I shouldn't be so surprised that I'm a little tuckered out. 

I am also apparently in a very passive-aggressive fight with one of my company's founders right now? He called me out (to my boss, not to my face) for not handling the facebook page, which is a new responsibility that I admit I totally forgot about because I avoid tf out of facebook when possible. My boss was super understanding and didn't care, but one of the users who was trying to contact us was asking where his check was. It turns out I asked the founder for this check ON DECEMBER 4TH. And he said he'd send it. And then didn't. So I asked him to again and he said he'd send it "today" (this was yesterday morning). And I checked in with him later in the day to confirm if he had sent it so that I could tell the user and he refused to respond to me. Both through email and Slack. Despite the fact that we had just been having a Slack conversation about something else. Because he is a child. 

Tl;dr: my company's exec called me out for not doing my job and when I went to do it I had to call him out for not doing his and now he's not speaking to me. 

So that also is tiring. Ugh. Can I just be done. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I can't wait to get my running shoes, they should arrive tomorrow. Being able to run again will make such a difference. Also planning to spend the weekend at a friend's house and maybe get a bit of a break there. 

I had initially planned that today would be "catch up on forums" day and also "do some more reading" and also "work on challenge goal #3" but so far I haven't done any of those things. One of my friends from college had sort of a mental breakdown this morning and a crew of our friends got together online to bolster her and it ended up mostly just being a shit-fest. It was good to chat with all of them, of course, but unexpected and kind of draining. Again, I shouldn't be so surprised that I'm a little tuckered out. 

I am also apparently in a very passive-aggressive fight with one of my company's founders right now? He called me out (to my boss, not to my face) for not handling the facebook page, which is a new responsibility that I admit I totally forgot about because I avoid tf out of facebook when possible. My boss was super understanding and didn't care, but one of the users who was trying to contact us was asking where his check was. It turns out I asked the founder for this check ON DECEMBER 4TH. And he said he'd send it. And then didn't. So I asked him to again and he said he'd send it "today" (this was yesterday morning). And I checked in with him later in the day to confirm if he had sent it so that I could tell the user and he refused to respond to me. Both through email and Slack. Despite the fact that we had just been having a Slack conversation about something else. Because he is a child. 

Tl;dr: my company's exec called me out for not doing my job and when I went to do it I had to call him out for not doing his and now he's not speaking to me. 

My response to your boss:

tumblr_no3stall3r1rk0k2jo2_500.gif

My response to you:

Image result for shark hug 

Because sharks I can't find an actual picture of sharks hugging each other... but I send you all the hugs and positive energy! <3   

• Like 7

Drive by update: 

• Still haven't really caught up on the forums, sorry Rebel darlings! Hopefully this afternoon
  • Work founder got off his butt and did his job. Everyone is v pleased. Thank you @Siferiax and @Jlailin for your support. 
  • Getting progressively further behind on planning 2018. Again hopefully this afternoon will see some progress there.
  • Breakfast goal is going swell! I had a cheat day today with sbux but it's the first one I've had this challenge (not counting a couple days when I forgot to eat breakfast at all) so I'm not too worried. 
  • HAD A FANTASTIC MORNING woke up an hour before my alarm super excited that I could finally go running again, forced myself to go back to sleep, gave up 20 minutes before my alarm, had a terrible time getting started on the trail (cold + technical difficulties + asthma) but by the end of the run I felt like I could keep going forever
  • Accidentally stole the business copy of my receipt from my car repair (the one where I signed for the $500 deductible... kind of important) so I took that back and they were super nice to me 
    • WHICH I EARNED because yesterday they were terrible communicators so I guess it works out
  • Going to my friend's place for the weekend to escape my mom and relax a little! 
  • Thought: I seriously need a haircut before my interview my head looks ridiculous

That's all for now! Hopefully I'll see you later today :) 

• Like 6
Drive by update: 
  • Still haven't really caught up on the forums, sorry Rebel darlings! Hopefully this afternoon
  • Work founder got off his butt and did his job. Everyone is v pleased. Thank you [mention=7898]Siferiax[/mention] and [mention=66737]Jlailin[/mention] for your support. 
  • Getting progressively further behind on planning 2018. Again hopefully this afternoon will see some progress there.
  • Breakfast goal is going swell! I had a cheat day today with sbux but it's the first one I've had this challenge (not counting a couple days when I forgot to eat breakfast at all) so I'm not too worried. 
  • HAD A FANTASTIC MORNING woke up an hour before my alarm super excited that I could finally go running again, forced myself to go back to sleep, gave up 20 minutes before my alarm, had a terrible time getting started on the trail (cold + technical difficulties + asthma) but by the end of the run I felt like I could keep going forever
  • Accidentally stole the business copy of my receipt from my car repair (the one where I signed for the $500 deductible... kind of important) so I took that back and they were super nice to me 
    • WHICH I EARNED because yesterday they were terrible communicators so I guess it works out
  • Going to my friend's place for the weekend to escape my mom and relax a little! 
  • Thought: I seriously need a haircut before my interview my head looks ridiculous
That's all for now! Hopefully I'll see you later today [emoji4] 

Getting a haircut has been on my to do list for like a month, but other things keep eclipsing actually getting it done. I’ll keep my fingers crossed yours gets done by your interview. Look good, feel good, interview well (it almost worked as parallelism...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4
3 minutes ago, Hypotheticalfox said:

Getting a haircut has been on my to do list for like a month, but other things keep eclipsing actually getting it done. I’ll keep my fingers crossed yours gets done by your interview. Look good, feel good, interview well (it almost worked as parallelism...)

I'm really hesitant to get it cut because I'm growing it out, but... with its current shape, it's growing out square. Like. My head is a block-shape. It's terrible. So I mostly just need to get my hair shaped and normally I'd do it myself but with it still so short... and with an interview coming up... it just seems like professional help would be the thing. 

• Like 4
19 hours ago, Wobbegong said:

I'm really hesitant to get it cut because I'm growing it out, but... with its current shape, it's growing out square. Like. My head is a block-shape. It's terrible. So I mostly just need to get my hair shaped and normally I'd do it myself but with it still so short... and with an interview coming up... it just seems like professional help would be the thing. 

Yeah. Interviews are one of the only times I go out and get my hair cut. 

Just be sure to tell the person cutting your hair that you are growing it out!

• Like 3
On 1/26/2018 at 12:37 PM, Wobbegong said:

I definitely get trying to grow it out, but reshaping it now can make you happier with it while it grows (which if your hair's anything like mine, can be quite a while) Good luck on the interview!

On 1/26/2018 at 12:13 PM, Wobbegong said:

Drive by update: 

• Work founder got off his butt and did his job. Everyone is v pleased. Thank you @Siferiax and @Jlailin for your support. 

That's all for now! Hopefully I'll see you later today :) 

Hoooly smokes you were busy! But yay for time out of the house

On 1/24/2018 at 2:33 PM, Wobbegong said:

:( this just sounds awful :( I'm glad your supervisor was understanding, but your exec definitely sounds like he was being very childish here and dumped it all on you

Btw hiiii, sorry I'm late to your thread. It's been an insane month, I think part of next challenge for me is going to be "NF community" time

• Like 4
On 1/27/2018 at 5:19 AM, zeroh13 said:

Yeah. Interviews are one of the only times I go out and get my hair cut. 

Just be sure to tell the person cutting your hair that you are growing it out!

5 hours ago, NightWatcher13 said:

I definitely get trying to grow it out, but reshaping it now can make you happier with it while it grows (which if your hair's anything like mine, can be quite a while) Good luck on the interview!

I ended up finding a new (to me) hair salon that apparently has been in business in my town for 20+ years and only charges $19/hair cut and I went there and it was amazing. They were open on a Sunday which was super convenient and not at all standard in this area and the guy was super nice and understanding and my hair looks great. I'm thrilled. 

Re: slow hair growth, my head naturally is on par with the average rate at about 1/2" per month, but I have found success with some really shady nonsense on the internet and am currently going strong at a rate of about 1/2" per week. It's possible I could push that even faster, since I haven't been following the bizarre online recommendations very closely. Idk. 1/2" per week is pretty freaking fantastic already. 

Hoooly smokes you were busy! But yay for time out of the house

Yes, time out of the house was fantastic. Unfortunately I didn't get very much done though. Sigh. 

:( this just sounds awful :( I'm glad your supervisor was understanding, but your exec definitely sounds like he was being very childish here and dumped it all on you

I can't tell if my supervisor is super nice or a huge troll but either way it generally works out for me. All of the execs at my company are children and will do their best to dump their problems on others wherever possible. Soooo glad I'm quitting in a month (or sooner maybe if I can't stand it). 

Btw hiiii, sorry I'm late to your thread. It's been an insane month, I think part of next challenge for me is going to be "NF community" time

Hiiiii! Welcome back! I take breaks from NF too (kind of not so great when I'm a GL... whoops) so no judgement here. It's always nice to come back to the community, though. Making interacting on the forums part of my challenge has worked really well for me in the past, but I don't do it every time because my priorities tend to change from one challenge to the next. Also because after a challenge of really high engagement I tend to think I'm on top of everything and then I slack off the next challenge. >_>;;;; 

• Like 4
On 1/1/2018 at 4:23 PM, Wobbegong said:

I don't usually score my challenges, but if I do everything outlined above over the next four weeks, I will have earned a set of those lovely Irish linen handkerchiefs I've had my eye on. 

While I was at my friend's house this weekend we exchanged Christmas gifts. Only a month late! Part of the gift I got her got held up in customs, which is why the delay. 

Anyway, she got me a lovely set of cotton handkerchiefs. So. They're very nice and I've started using them already and they work great and I'm never going back to disposable tissues, 100% converted immediately, but this throws a slight wrench in my loot plans. I might still order one or two linen hankies for special occasions or something I guess? But since I won't need as many, it's no longer a big purchase or as exciting an item get. 

I'm doing pretty well with my challenge goals so far: 

• C25K: The goal was to not miss a day and to be through four weeks of the program by the end of the challenge. I missed two weeks due to equipment failure but I'm not counting this against myself because I wanted to run and would've if I had appropriate footwear. I didn't dally with purchasing new shoes and as soon as they arrived I was back on the trails. They just took a long time to get to me. Since I didn't plan for it being a 5 week challenge, I'm only coming out a week behind schedule, so I can catch up during zero week. Still kind of annoying but I don't foresee any further roadblocks here. 
  • Breakfast: The two-part goal was to visit the grocery store at least once a week and eat a home-cooked breakfast 4/5 weekday mornings. I've gone to the grocery store an average of twice a week throughout the challenge so far and never less than once a week, and have eaten about 5/5 at-home breakfasts. I missed one last week and complained a couple times about skipping breakfast, but iirc both of those were on weekends which I wasn't counting anyway. So I'm at 100% on this goal. 
  • Plan 2018: the goal was to create a list of things to accomplish this year, sort them out by challenge, importance, and a few other factors, and slot them into my year in advance to make sure I get to everything and don't go off-track. I'm a little behind but just have "organizing which goals are happening when" and "program alerts" left to do, so I should be able to make it if I prioritize and use my time effectively. 

Maybe I don't get loot because the bar was set at "finish everything" and I won't be on time with C25K? But I don't really want to penalize myself for tripping and tearing the sole off my shoe. The sliced up toe, time spent away from running, and cost of new shoes is punishment enough, I think. I'd like to celebrate if I finish this challenge strong, but I'm not sure how else to reward myself. Hmmm. 

• Like 5
While I was at my friend's house this weekend we exchanged Christmas gifts. Only a month late! Part of the gift I got her got held up in customs, which is why the delay. 

Anyway, she got me a lovely set of cotton handkerchiefs. So. They're very nice and I've started using them already and they work great and I'm never going back to disposable tissues, 100% converted immediately, but this throws a slight wrench in my loot plans. I might still order one or two linen hankies for special occasions or something I guess? But since I won't need as many, it's no longer a big purchase or as exciting an item get. 

I'm doing pretty well with my challenge goals so far: 
  • C25K: The goal was to not miss a day and to be through four weeks of the program by the end of the challenge. I missed two weeks due to equipment failure but I'm not counting this against myself because I wanted to run and would've if I had appropriate footwear. I didn't dally with purchasing new shoes and as soon as they arrived I was back on the trails. They just took a long time to get to me. Since I didn't plan for it being a 5 week challenge, I'm only coming out a week behind schedule, so I can catch up during zero week. Still kind of annoying but I don't foresee any further roadblocks here. 
  • Breakfast: The two-part goal was to visit the grocery store at least once a week and eat a home-cooked breakfast 4/5 weekday mornings. I've gone to the grocery store an average of twice a week throughout the challenge so far and never less than once a week, and have eaten about 5/5 at-home breakfasts. I missed one last week and complained a couple times about skipping breakfast, but iirc both of those were on weekends which I wasn't counting anyway. So I'm at 100% on this goal. 
  • Plan 2018: the goal was to create a list of things to accomplish this year, sort them out by challenge, importance, and a few other factors, and slot them into my year in advance to make sure I get to everything and don't go off-track. I'm a little behind but just have "organizing which goals are happening when" and "program alerts" left to do, so I should be able to make it if I prioritize and use my time effectively. 
Maybe I don't get loot because the bar was set at "finish everything" and I won't be on time with C25K? But I don't really want to penalize myself for tripping and tearing the sole off my shoe. The sliced up toe, time spent away from running, and cost of new shoes is punishment enough, I think. I'd like to celebrate if I finish this challenge strong, but I'm not sure how else to reward myself. Hmmm. 
Well done!! Sounds like you accomplished a lot!!!

• Like 4