• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Asa Pond

Asa Pond - Boot Camp

HEY. It's me once again. BUT THIS TIME IS DIFFERENT. I got a new club membership for Christmas from my wonderful and thoughtful mother who noticed how much *not* working out has been impacting my mood overall and helped set me up for success by signing us both up for a dream place. And I also decided to give Rising Heroes another chance just to help me ramp back up to where I was before.

No real theme this time because I can't think of a good one that will fit with my goals. That may change.

NO 1 GOAL: FINISH THIS CHALLENGE

#2 Training: Make it to the training grounds at least 4 times a week. Working out doesn't necessarily have to occur, but at the very least I need to spend 15 minutes stretching and can sit in the sauna or hot tub. I need to get back into being comfortable in a gym again. 

#3 Food: Track Everything. Keep it sort of healthy - think 60% clean. No alcohol.

#4 Clean: Tidy up for at least 15 minutes a day.

#5 Study: Generic but still important. I need to keep ahead of my classes and stay on top of the topics. I did a lot of last minute stuff last semester simply because I wasn't quite prepared mentally for the workload. This semester I am and am ready to step up to the challenge.

• Like 4

Tracking Post: 

Goal 2 (Training):

Week #1: XXXX 100%

Week #2: XX

Week #3:

Week #4:

Goal 3 (Food Tracking/No Alcohol):

Week #1: XXXXX (Tracked everyday, had alcohol twice.) 86%

Week #2: XXXXX

Week #3:

Week #4:

Goal 4 (Cleaning/Cooking):

Week #1: XXXXXX 86%

Week #2: XXXX

Week #3:

Week #4:

Goal 5 (Study Strong):

Week #1: XXX 43%

Week #2: XXX

Week #3:

Week #4:

Yayyyyy Dream gym membership! That is such an awesome gift! Also, I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts on rising heroes... I did the Academy for a while (not sure if that’s all the same thing now?) and found I had enough going on to not really need it, but I do really like the epic quest system and it sounds fun. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, tei_ said:

Yayyyyy Dream gym membership! That is such an awesome gift! Also, I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts on rising heroes... I did the Academy for a while (not sure if that’s all the same thing now?) and found I had enough going on to not really need it, but I do really like the epic quest system and it sounds fun. 

It is the BEST gift. I keep just randomly saying thank you because I'm super stoked.

Rising heroes and the academy are different things. RH is a multiplayer thing where there are continuously changing missions. I tried it last January and found it was just too basic for me at the time. BUT now that my lifestyle and fitness level have both drastically changed in the last couple of months, I'm hoping the habit building assistance will be good for me. I don't plan on staying on it for long because it's a bit pricey, but who knows. Here's the link if you want to learn more: https://www.nerdfitness.com/rising-heroes/

I'll keep you updated on how I like it! :) 

• Like 1

HEY! awesome goals and awesome about the dream gym!!! I am feeling very crunched for time too and am also on team BUILDING BASIC HABITS. high fives!

• Like 1

On 1/1/2018 at 10:36 PM, karinajean said:

HEY! awesome goals and awesome about the dream gym!!! I am feeling very crunched for time too and am also on team BUILDING BASIC HABITS. high fives!

Yay back to basics!! I forgot how hard getting the basics set again is when you haven't had them down for a bit. Eek... glad to have Karinajean on my team! 

On 1/1/2018 at 11:37 PM, Cataleya said:

Oh wow a gym membership! What a great present! Wishing you luck!

On 1/2/2018 at 10:39 AM, raptron said:

What a great gift from mom. :D

19 hours ago, Jonesy said:

I love that your mom gave you such and awesome and thoughtful gift!

It is the most perfect gift I could ask for. I'm a pretty lucky girl.

• Like 2

Of course - I finally have a plan, a gym, and a time to actually start going before classes begin BUT I GET SICK.

My mom had the flu over Christmas and we shared a room while staying at my brother's. I was hoping all the supps I took to keep me healthy during finals would help me not catch it but alas... here I am with the flu. I'm on anti-virals for the next week and am already feeling 10x better than yesterday but I'm going to take it easy for the next day or two. 

I'll make it up as I go. 

So... I got bored and tried a quick workout even though I knew I shouldn't. IT WAS SO HARD. Like way more hard then it should have been given it was the beginner body workout and I only did one round. Granted - I am sick and probably shouldn't have tried it anyway, but being sick wouldn't make my pushup AMRAP drop by 10 reps. 

SO in order to not get down on myself, I just need to picture this as an opportunity to make all those PR wins again. Baby steps. Just need to remember slow and steady baby steps. 

• Like 2

Don't overdue it, specially being sick. 

3 minutes ago, Asa Pond said:

SO in order to not get down on myself, I just need to picture this as an opportunity to make all those PR wins again. Baby steps. Just need to remember slow and steady baby steps. 

Imagine how much progress you are going to make once you are better!

• Thanks 1

Cannot believe you worked out with a flu! I had the Christmas Cold (or Solstice Sniffles, Hanukkah Hack, Kwanzaa Krud...everyone got it)  and my most strenuous activity was complaining about it. My hat's off to your dedication. B)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Asa Pond said:

Granted - I am sick and probably shouldn't have tried it anyway, but being sick wouldn't make my pushup AMRAP drop by 10 reps. 

Yeah uhmm I'm pretty sure it could. Easily.

And if not, then as you said, you're going to be PRing so hard this year! :D 

• Like 1

Totally could ruin all your reps and strength actualllly! But yes, your comeback will be great!

Also, I don't think working out while sick is the WORST idea or even one that will do bad things to you, but it is going to be taking more energy from your body that it could be using for heaaaling so sleep even MORE now. <3 

• Like 1

Actually got to the gym today! Both my mom and I went despite her very strong hesitation. Luckily it all went great and we both did some light LISS, walked a mile on the track, and got to know the place a bit more. Kept it pretty easy because we are both still recovering from the flu but overall it was a success! Very excited to get back in the game! :) 

Classes start tomorrow which means I'm going to have to really work on planning meals, exercising, and studying AND follow that plan to actually make it work. 

• Like 1

On 1/3/2018 at 11:12 AM, Mad Hatter said:

What a great gift! Are you planning on working out together with your mum too or keep it separate?

I never answered this! We are going to do some together when we can and some by ourselves. The club has tennis, squash, and raquetball courts which will be fun to use together. Also, it's really close to both where she works and where I have class so on days where our schedules line up it'll be helpful to be each other's gym buddies and carpool!

ALSO - I'm going to be in Poland this summer - which isn't particularly close to you but it is on the same continent and that's pretty rad. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Asa Pond said:

I never answered this! We are going to do some together when we can and some by ourselves. The club has tennis, squash, and raquetball courts which will be fun to use together. Also, it's really close to both where she works and where I have class so on days where our schedules line up it'll be helpful to be each other's gym buddies and carpool!

ALSO - I'm going to be in Poland this summer - which isn't particularly close to you but it is on the same continent and that's pretty rad. 

Nice! That’s really neat that you can do stuff like like that together.

That’s awesome! What are you going to do there? And where? And for how long? :D 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Nice! That’s really neat that you can do stuff like like that together.

That’s awesome! What are you going to do there? And where? And for how long? :D 

Bialystok which is pretty close to the border of Belarus. I'll be studying at one of their law schools for a month! And then exploring Warsaw and Krakow on the weekends. :) 

47 minutes ago, RogueLibrarian said:

LET'S DO THIS THING, BUDDY. Second semester. I am sending you some good first-day-of-class vibes.

LESGO. Thank you! You too (despite you having a snow day when you have no snow and we got 5 inches last night :lol:)! (Although, I'm sorry for the orange public figure. :( That's not fun.) 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Asa Pond said:

LESGO. Thank you! You too (despite you having a snow day when you have no snow and we got 5 inches last night :lol:)! (Although, I'm sorry for the orange public figure. :( That's not fun.) 

I am just fine today. I went to the store two blocks from home and don't have to leave the house again. The only way traffic will impact my day is if Ms Rogue gets stuck on the way home. :)

• Like 1