• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Asa Pond

Asa Pond - Boot Camp

21 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I wonder if going to bed at 9 or not caring about going to bed at 9 is more of a sign of getting old becoming wiser and more mature? ;) 

What do you have in mind?

Haha - well, when we get brunch the girls always talk about how they wish they could just stay in and go to bed early. When I ask why they don't no one has an answer. So, either people are getting old younger and younger (which is very possible :lol:) or its the just not caring part. :D 

I'm thinking like, stretch for 15 minutes a day, swim twice a week, resistance work 3 times a week... that type of thing. Go in a more traditional challenge format instead of just do things. :D 

• Like 3

I think there is a lot of pressure to be normal and when you do something not normal, you are supposed to feel ashamed of it or feel bad. As you get older that just becomes more of a burden and you reach a point where you think, I'm not getting younger why do I care about what other people think about me? 

On 1/19/2018 at 10:36 AM, Mad Hatter said:

I wonder if going to bed at 9 or not caring about going to bed at 9 is more of a sign of getting old becoming wiser and more mature? ;) 

I keep seeing the 9pm everywhere I look when researching getting better sleep. Maybe it's just that the world of bloggers, science studies and whatnot keep telling us 9pm is a good time to start unwinding for bed. This seems particularly true if you plan on waking up before 8am. 

• Like 1

I've been out of commission the last couple of days because of a killer migraine and the resulting exhaustion that comes with it, so that's been a bummer.

BUT the migraine seems to be gone for now and I'm definitely headed to the gym to get a workout in today!

I'm looking forward to it too because as much as sleeping 9 hours a day has been great, I need to move.

Also, I think I gave myself a bruise from foam rolling my back - has that ever happened to anyone else?

1 hour ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Ugh, that is indeed a bummer. I don't get them, but have seen how debilitating they can be. At least you got your rest?

tenor.gif

They are rough but my migraines are tied to a seizure disorder so I'd much rather be having migraines than seizures. (Yay modern medicine!) :)

We had an intensive class this weekend that was 18 hours of class spread throughout Friday, Saturday, and today but I managed to get to the gym both yesterday and today!

Yesterday was a 15 minute cardio workout and then a 28 minute HIIT workout. Today was a 30 minute swim sesh.

My other goals didn't get done because by the time I got home from class and the gym, I immediately fell asleep. BUT HEY. I'm still here in the last week of this challenge so I'm cool with this in general.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Asa Pond said:

We had an intensive class this weekend that was 18 hours of class spread throughout Friday, Saturday, and today but I managed to get to the gym both yesterday and today!

Nice work!

• Like 1

Yesterday was a rest/catch up on work day and I somehow managed to pull ALL of the muscles in the neck and shoulders (or at least it feels that way). I'm going to try to get to the gym to do some easy cardio tonight, but for now it's a lot of heat and some easy stretching.

• Sad 1

Managed to get over the pulled everything and make it to the gym 3 days this week for a solid mix of cardio and weight stuff. Did a glutes and abs tabata class, a barre class (which was way harder than I expected), and did a solo spin sesh for 20 miles yesterday.

I also managed to live through 12 solid days of classes successfully and ended the week with a really encouraging career advisor meeting so I'm calling this challenge a success even though I stopped actually tracking my goals two weeks(?) ago. I'm planning out the next challenge today so that I'll have a bit more direction.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Buddy, you are a BOSS. I've got a lot of admiration for how much you're juggling at once, with grace and proficiency.

Thanks dude! You guys are all such a huge inspiration to me so I wouldn't be able to with as much positivity as I would without all the support here! :)

• Like 1

On 2/3/2018 at 10:12 AM, Asa Pond said:

Managed to get over the pulled everything and make it to the gym 3 days this week for a solid mix of cardio and weight stuff. Did a glutes and abs tabata class, a barre class (which was way harder than I expected), and did a solo spin sesh for 20 miles yesterday.

I also managed to live through 12 solid days of classes successfully and ended the week with a really encouraging career advisor meeting so I'm calling this challenge a success even though I stopped actually tracking my goals two weeks(?) ago. I'm planning out the next challenge today so that I'll have a bit more direction.

UM THAT IS ALL EXCELLENT! 

• Like 1