• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

karinajean

karinajean is actionable and accountable!

On 1/10/2018 at 9:57 AM, karinajean said:

* pressure cookers are inherantly scary!

I've thought about getting one but I've heard too many horror stories. Do they still explode? 

9 hours ago, Jonesy said:

I've thought about getting one but I've heard too many horror stories. Do they still explode? 

As far as I know it's the stovetop ones that were known for exploding. The instant pot is a whole different thing and they're very safe! :D

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Jonesy said:

14 hours ago, tei_ said:

As far as I know it's the stovetop ones that were known for exploding. The instant pot is a whole different thing and they're very safe! :D

My mom is worried about this same thing! This is good to know. :)

• Like 2

On 1/8/2018 at 5:22 PM, raptron said:

I often identify with the animals whose potential mates court them with food, so I FEEL Y'ALL.

OMG yes!!!

Re: Yoga stuff - I can't comfortably kneel all the way down, either, unless I'm really really warmed up.  I usually keep a towel or yoga block around, and then just rest it on my heels so I can relax and kneel without pushing the ROM all the way.  I've heard that it's not really a great idea to stress out your replacement ACLs by forcing that much ROM, anyway.

That half split stretch is great!  One of my other favorites for the upper calf area right below the knee (which is always tight for me) is getting into a forward bend.  Then, bend one knee and twist your body so the same hand is touching the ground and the other is rotating up. Like this.  I've been on a huge yoga groove these days, too. :) 

• Like 3

Ugh, so I'm moving this, because I thought I was skipping to the end of the assassins chat, but actually I just went onto the latest of karinajean's challenges. Sorry for the thread hijack, what a noob. 

Edited by AceVixen
I'm an idiot
  • Like 1

Ugh, so I'm moving this, because I thought I was skipping to the end of the assassins chat, but actually I just went onto the latest of karinajean's challenges. Sorry for the thread hijack, what a noob. 
Real talk, I did this last week when I accidentally posted in the challenge thread and meant to post in the den.
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, AceVixen said:

you're not an idiot!!! glad you're here with the assassins. <3 

• Like 2

ohai!

yo it's been like 2 weeks, practically. 

UGH. 

firstly, let me tell you about my goals.

Goal 1: 30 days of yoga

Week 1: YES DONE. started a day late, no big. Missed day 7.

Week 2: YES DONE. made up one day, then missed another one. 1 day behind.

Week 3: YES DONE, except for sunday, so now I'm 2 days behind.

Goal 2: track food

Week 1: v. good! over budget, but all tracked.

Week 2: good until the weekend and then I dropped it. didn't catch up.

Week 3: Did really good during the week, really bad on the weekend (lots of catch-up today).

Goal 3: push-up progressions

Week 1: 

Week 2: 

Week 3: I didn't do this AT ALL week 3. at all. I *feel like* the yoga is really helping me though, I'm doing much better at getting down onto and then back off of my belly from plank. I think week 4 I should step this up.

SIDE PARTY -- start to seriously look at things you want to do.

UM this is still hard. 

I'm really appreciating the impact of the daily yoga on my body. it's a nice easy wake-up and go during the week, too, in the mornings.

That said I am trying to figure out if there's a way to do daily yoga and also do running or weights or both on different days. and THAT is not something I'm sure about.

also this week I'm really stressed b/c I may need to go live with my dad for a couple of weeks (minus Thursdays through Sat. afternoons) while my stepmom is in Florida. 

that seems really wicked hard, and I am not sure how to manage that.

in other news:

I've been to TKD on tuesdays and thursdays and sat. for classes all weeks, and then dojo sat. week 1, forms at the dojo on sat. week 2, and dojo sat. week 3. 

we had a test last week and Fourteen tested up to brown belt! I asked him for his mean face and he said "I don't have one!!!" true story, kid, me neither. 

20833b3d4bd6c5c3a95b9df8729d0a58.jpg

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, karinajean said:

we had a test last week and Fourteen tested up to brown belt! I asked him for his mean face and he said "I don't have one!!!" true story, kid, me neither. 

The mean face is what you have to demonstrate in your black belt tests, right?

• Like 1

Oh girlfriend, twinsie... dem weekends yo... right?   So hard to track.   I lapsed this weekend too, and I had such a good streak going.   I could go back and try to catch up and post-track, but it'd be hard.  I am gonna try though.

Sending good vibes your way on the live-in arrangement coming up.  It does sound wicked hard, but ya know what girl?  Your daily life and schedule always does, and you still own it.

Just make sure to schedule some body focused you time in still.  That Yoga is gonna be the perfect Rx!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, karinajean said:

That said I am trying to figure out if there's a way to do daily yoga and also do running or weights or both on different days. and THAT is not something I'm sure about

I had the same struggle a while back. There is a lot of good happy-stretchy-flowy yoga you could do quick sessions of on the mornings you're doing other workouts on, and go a little harder with the yoga on the days it's the only thing you have going on?  That's what I ended up doing at least and I really enjoyed how it helped keep my momentum up with the daily yoga and kept my body feeling great but also didn't wear me out.

• Like 1

On 22/01/2018 at 2:48 PM, karinajean said:

you're not an idiot!!! glad you're here with the assassins. <3 

Aw, thanks for being understanding!!

I'm doing thirty days of yoga as well, and really really loving it. I still do it even when I'm done to do another exercise that day as well. There's been a couple of days when I've been utterly smashed, and I've done some nice bedtime yoga or something (the videos aren't available first thing in my time zone), and then done a morning and an evening yoga the next day to keep up.

Thanks again for not being mad that I crashed your thread!