• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

raptron

Raptron: Business as Usual

those are some intense DLs sets my friend! no wonder your hands are giving you shit.

and yes, duh, you need a sparkly thing. i would probably hit up primark or forever21 for cheap and fun :D 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, raptron said:

Day 3.3

7576b6cf87156cbd1cc57386f0aeca0b.png

The folks who gave me advice last week were there and remarked that I looked like I was hinging much better. (They still had other corrections/suggestions, but I can already feel a difference -- hello hamstrings! -- and think I should be able to keep improving on form.) I only have four more of these 10s workouts. Woooo~ When I was done with this one, I really felt/thought I had done a week's worth of workouts already. I went to bed a bit early, which was good because I definitely needed it. 

Woooooo!!! To both technique fixes and bidding goodbye to 10's - there's something extra draining about high rep sets to me.

Gymnastics tonight will definitely include flyaways (and a full bars routine) but maybe not much more because my calluses are really feeling not so hot with this high volume deadlifting. Definitely beam routines as well. MAYBE vault, but I am still pretty sure I don't want to vault on Saturday. I am going to plan on applying to a few jobs on Saturday afternoon (already have some picked out), to really bone back up on that goal. 

Gymnastics meet and job applications in the same day? That's a high-achieving Saturday!

ALSO I haven't decided what to wear yet for my BDAY PARTY! Do I need a new sparkly thing (I mean... always)? 

Ballroom Mike says always.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/17/2018 at 6:02 PM, raptron said:

Overachievingggg with cake~

Of course you are. ;) 

On 1/17/2018 at 8:42 PM, CourtnieMarie said:

whatever you decide, i at least know you won't be these people.

UnhappyMediumDoe-max-1mb.gif

I may or may not have done that. Possibly in a bar making out with someone. Maybe to much applause. ;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I also JUST noticed that the guy points at it for her and like... counts? And also seems completely unfazed by it. Ahahah.

Day 3.4

Thursday morning I had a dream I was trying to do flyaways at practice and this guy kept stealing the women's equipment to work on HIS dismounts and I got increasingly frustrated and then it was my turn, I couldn't get myself to let go. OH GOD IT WAS SUCH A DRAMATIC DREAM. So, I went into practice with this dream in mind and it provided me a nice kick in the butt to not be such a baby about these things.

So, I did floor warm-ups, and then promptly went to bars and did my stupid flyaways and then did a full bars routine aka... like 6 skills. (Kip, free hip, squat-on, uprise, free hip, flyaway) Haaah. I still want to try to figure out a consistent toe-to-high and then figure out how to properly underswing into an uprise so I could do (Kip, free hip, toe-to-high, underswing + uprise, free hip, flyaway) which would net me like... almost a point higher of start value, but that would require me actually working on bars more often. :P

From there, I did 5 beam routines, which actually went REALLY well except for one of them. I am doing my old routine's skills, so nothing new since the 2016 season, but the new skills are still in honing mode so I should be debuting at least one or two (front walkover or round-offs) next meet (late Feb) and MAYBE HOPEFULLY REALLY PLEASE swap my back walkover for my back handspring in my routine by April. 

Fully decided not to vault on Saturday (meh). 

Gymnastics: 0 vault, 3 beam, 2 floor, 2 bars

Intervals: 5/6

Jobs: 4/9

Yoga at lunch today, birthday squats and maybe bench as well tonight at the gym, home to change, then out to dinner with Hubtron at a nearby casual spot I've been trying to check out for dinner for a while now. THEN I AM GOING TO MAKE AN AMBITIOUS CAKE AT LIKE 2 AM. I'll probably drink some wine too.

Sorry my posts have no fun photos lately. I HAVEN'T BEEN DOING ANYTHINGGG AND THERE ARE SHOCKINGLY FEW SELFIES IN MY PHOTO REEL OF LATE. But OH, here are my favorite things you can get deductions for on uneven bars:

b521c77b8115cb65cdf4f55323729acd.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, raptron said:

I also JUST noticed that the guy points at it for her and like... counts? And also seems completely unfazed by it. Ahahah.

yeah that was kind of my favorite part. he's likely stoned out of his mind but it seems like he's counting down the freak out of the girl

everyone's having weird dreams lately! at least you were able to use your as motivation and went to practice to kick butt. i knew you were going to end up making the cake at 2am :P 

OH AND HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYY

BackPessimisticBasil-max-1mb.gif

• Like 2

6 hours ago, @mu said:

"gymnast fails to make difficult look effortless" :lol: my preferred one I think

6 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Haha that one’s brilliant! 

It's my absolute favorite and I think it's a deduction for literally all of the events. 

6 hours ago, sylph said:

WTF is "swingful execution"?

NO ONE KNOOOOWS.

5 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

yeah that was kind of my favorite part. he's likely stoned out of his mind but it seems like he's counting down the freak out of the girl

everyone's having weird dreams lately! at least you were able to use your as motivation and went to practice to kick butt. i knew you were going to end up making the cake at 2am :P 

OH AND HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYY

BackPessimisticBasil-max-1mb.gif

Thank youuuu!

Goals update

I spooked my bosses with my talk about leaving (so close to when my long-time coworker is also leaving) and they've offered me a 10% raise and a generous stay bonus if I make it out through the year, so I guess I will take this job search thing EVEN SLOWER. :P (And lol happy birthday to me, I guess!)

It's no longer a goal to apply. 

• Like 7

Happy birthday! Enjoy your meet!

6 hours ago, raptron said:

I spooked my bosses with my talk about leaving (so close to when my long-time coworker is also leaving) and they've offered me a 10% raise and a generous stay bonus if I make it out through the year, so I guess I will take this job search thing EVEN SLOWER. :P

Ha ha that is awesome!! Well done you!

On 1/19/2018 at 9:11 AM, raptron said:

I got increasingly frustrated and then it was my turn, I couldn't get myself to let go.

THIS HAPPENED TO ME IRL  one day for some reason I stopped being able to let go and I was doing increasingly shoulder-threatening skin-the-cats and then the mystery affliction went away by itself

On 1/19/2018 at 3:55 PM, raptron said:

and they've offered me a 10% raise and a generous stay bonus if I make it out through the year, so I guess I will take this job search thing EVEN SLOWER. :P (And lol happy birthday to me, I guess!)

It's no longer a goal to apply. 

NOIIICE

On 1/20/2018 at 2:13 AM, WhiteGhost said:

Happy birthday! How did the cake turn out?

I can help answer this question as i was lucky enough to go try it! it was insanely delicious. perfectly moist honey cake with a refreshing and slightly tangy frosting.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

I can help answer this question as i was lucky enough to go try it! it was insanely delicious. perfectly moist honey cake with a refreshing and slightly tangy frosting.

So jealous. I only saw the photo.

• Like 2

Day 3.5

Birthday! My coworkers brought me cupcakes and bagels, which was sweet. I went to yoga during lunch even though I was kind of short on time during the day, but BIRTHDAY OK, so I did yoga anyway. After work, I did my birthday squats and unfortunately failed on my very last rep... I think I would have been fine if I took a slightly bigger breath beforehand and didn't go QUITE so deep, but oh well. :P Next year. 

5 x 45#

5 x 95#

5 x 135#

28 x 150# 

After I could breathe/walk again, I did do some bench:

5 x 45#

5 x 75#

3 x 105#

8 x 115# 

8 x 110#

3 x 8 x 105# 

Then I just went home, out to a casual dinner at a local spot, and then came home and worked on my cake layers. I was going to frost it on Friday night too but around 12:20 my body was just like "NOPEEE" and I went to bed.

Gymnastics: 0 vault, 3 beam, 2 floor, 2 bars

Day 3.6

Gymnastics practice on the morning of the meet was very laid back. Most people were just focused on stretching and double-checking some of their choreography.

UNFORTUNATELY, during a dance through of my routine, I rolled my ankle landing out of a round-off straddle jump, which is SO LAME but a chronic problem series for me in terms of ankle rolling. It didn't feel super great, but also not TERRIBLE. However, I was pretty sure I sprained it immediately just based on the click I heard when I rolled it and the general feeling.  I debated what I wanted to do with the rest of my day -- maybe it wouldn't be that bad? Maybe I could still do beam? There's probably no reason not to do UNEVEN BARS at the very least, or I could just cheer... or I could stay home. Unfortunately, it WAS that bad:

d2453d1677e7614dae90889980acab44.png

But I planned my whole birthday weekend on the fact that I had to  go to a meet Saturday night, so I went to a meet Saturday night. I cheered on the team (we took team first place! :) ) and competed uneven bars, slightly watered down, but it mostly felt fine! 

Gymnastics: 0 vault, 3 beam, 3 floor, 3 bars

Day 3.7

67ef1fd93be8f14d0df338950edbbe38.png

My birthday celebration day started with delicious horcata iced coffee and evolved into a lot of mezcal drinks and negronis. I was not highly focused on food, hahah, but I did eat a lot of french fries, some brussels sprouts, late night scrambled eggs, and a bunch of PORKY COLLARD GREENS. :D Plus my cake! Which as CM graciously commented on above. 

I used this recipe https://natashaskitchen.com/2014/03/09/8-layer-honey-cake-recipe-medovik/ which honestly wasn't all that fussy or difficult. If I make it again, I'd probably weigh the sections because I wound up with some very differently sized layers when I rolled them out and I wasn't confident enough to cut them before I baked so I did some shaping afterwards. BUT REALLY, it's just a super cool ice box cake so the frosting saves all manner of sins.

Gymnastics: 0 vault, 3 beam, 3 floor, 3 bars

I ammmm not sure how long the sprain recovery will take/how much it will stop me from doing. I'll have to play it by ear on the exercise front this week.

• Like 1

Aaaaaaa i saw the picture of the ankle and was like.... is this normal? Is she going to compete on that??? That suuuuucks, I hope it deflates/feels better soon! Congrats on your team win anyway, I guess your cheering worked!

That cake looks AMAZING

• Like 2

Ahhh this is so unfair really :(

I hope you get better and back on both feet very very very soon!! And bravo for the team prize!

Cake is looking beautiful! :wub: I don't think I ever had one of those !

• Like 1

Oh noooo I'm sorry about your ankle! Icebox cakes are so good that one looks amazing, glad you didn't let your ankle ruin your birthday weekend and you still got a little bit of competing in. Hope you heal up quick!

• Like 1