• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Jonesy

Jonesy's I have no idea what I'm doing 2018 Challenge

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, Asa Pond said:

I can't believe how much you read! I wish I could tear through books like you do!

 

In my circle of friends, the amount I read is tiny. I also read for pleasure and not for studying.  My step sister is a huge reader but when she was at school she couldn't even think of reading for fun because all the school reading she had to do. 

 

@karinajean read double what I did for 2017! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jonesy said:

 

@karinajean read double what I did for 2017! 

 

I'm a really really fast reader and most of what I read was free kindle books .... so not the most difficult thing to read! also I almost never watch tv and very seldom do I watch a movie. so, there's more time for books.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, karinajean said:

 

I'm a really really fast reader and most of what I read was free kindle books .... so not the most difficult thing to read! also I almost never watch tv and very seldom do I watch a movie. so, there's more time for books.

 

So many free kindle books! I found 2 new authors I love reading because of those freebies. :) 

 

Speaking of reading, I was supposed to have Side Jobs finished by Friday and that will not be happening. I tried to read last night and every time I did my eyes would get unfocused and I would nod off. I decided to go to bed early because I just couldn't stay awake. Did my 5 mins of yoga right before bed then decided to call it a night. 

 

I did avoid fast food yesterday. I made and brought my lunch to work but was so hungry that I decided to go out and get something. But because I am avoiding fast food, I decided to go to a teriyaki place and spend my last $15. Walked in and ran into a work vendor and he bought my lunch. That was super nice and saved me money! 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, karinajean said:

 

I'm a really really fast reader and most of what I read was free kindle books .... so not the most difficult thing to read! also I almost never watch tv and very seldom do I watch a movie. so, there's more time for books.

 

Aha!!  That makes sense how you would get through things fast!

 

I watch a ton of netflix and movies and play a lot of video games so it takes me a while to get through a book (I read in bed for 30 min or so before sleeping, unless I go to bed too late or I'm too tired or something.) The only time I tend to just read during daylight hours is at airports and while flying. Then I tend to finish a book per flight day (depending on length of flight and delays and stuff and length of book, but commonly anyway!)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

 

So many free kindle books! I found 2 new authors I love reading because of those freebies. :) 

 

 

Yay free Kindle books! I assume you mean the Kindle Firsts? Or are there other free ones?

 

Most Kindle Firsts end up being one offs for me with the authors but I've found a few gems who I've then went and read a ton of their stuff, so it definitely can work for finding good authors. I wish there would be more fantasy/sci fi selections though! I've realized I can't get into most contemporary fiction or historical fiction etc these days. I go for the mystery/thriller/suspense books when there isn't a sci fi/fantasy option. Which reminds me I need to go pick a book for January!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

 

Yay free Kindle books! I assume you mean the Kindle Firsts? Or are there other free ones?

 

Most Kindle Firsts end up being one offs for me with the authors but I've found a few gems who I've then went and read a ton of their stuff, so it definitely can work for finding good authors. I wish there would be more fantasy/sci fi selections though! I've realized I can't get into most contemporary fiction or historical fiction etc these days. I go for the mystery/thriller/suspense books when there isn't a sci fi/fantasy option. Which reminds me I need to go pick a book for January!

 

I think they are the kindle firsts...I follow Mrsleif's Two Fangs About It Book Reviews and they are always posting free kindle books that are fantasy or paranormal.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2018 at 12:10 PM, dancezwithkittehz said:

 

Yay free Kindle books! I assume you mean the Kindle Firsts? Or are there other free ones?

 

Most Kindle Firsts end up being one offs for me with the authors but I've found a few gems who I've then went and read a ton of their stuff, so it definitely can work for finding good authors. I wish there would be more fantasy/sci fi selections though! I've realized I can't get into most contemporary fiction or historical fiction etc these days. I go for the mystery/thriller/suspense books when there isn't a sci fi/fantasy option. Which reminds me I need to go pick a book for January!

 

On 1/5/2018 at 12:18 PM, Jonesy said:

 

I think they are the kindle firsts...I follow Mrsleif's Two Fangs About It Book Reviews and they are always posting free kindle books that are fantasy or paranormal.  

 

oh no, I don't think they're kindle firsts. I get an email from bookbub.com with fantasy / paranormal / regency romances and some of them are very clearly unripe selfpublished and others are truly excellent and discounted or free. 

 

I'm going to have to look into the kindle first program though!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Teancum said:

I made it! Late but I'm here! 

Welcome! 

 

Weekend was fairly productive.

Friday I got paid so I transferred some money into savings. I had book club that evening, which is always fun! Managed to get to 45% of Side Jobs.

Saturday I donated plasma, sold some books, bought a book, went shopping for a baby shower and hung out with a friend. We celebrated her new job by getting manicures and watching Hallmark movies. 

Sunday I woke up around 7:30am - ish and instead of going back to sleep I got up and decided to go to the gym. I was getting text updates from my mom's marathon so I decided to also be productive. Went to the baby shower, drove by my old stomping grounds, got home and did some yoga and ended the night practicing with watercolors in my bullet journal. 

 

Gym workout

Elliptical 41 mins - 3.4 miles

5 mins stretching

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2018 at 7:59 AM, karinajean said:

 

 

oh no, I don't think they're kindle firsts. I get an email from bookbub.com with fantasy / paranormal / regency romances and some of them are very clearly unripe selfpublished and others are truly excellent and discounted or free. 

 

I'm going to have to look into the kindle first program though!

 

And I need to look into lists of other stuff clearly! Did not know there were other possible freebies!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, raptron said:

How's your mom doing post-races?

 

Considering she got a pretty bad chest cold Saturday morning, she is doing great! She sounds horrible because of the cold but the full marathon was fantastic. She said she had no pain, some chest tightness because of the cold, even ended up under the time she thought she would get and she was SUPER excited that she found a port-a-potty with only 3 people in line. Lol

 

Last I talked to her, she was just getting up from a nap and going to have a massage. Not sure how sore she is today. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jonesy said:

even ended up under the time she thought she would get and she was SUPER excited that she found a port-a-potty with only 3 people in line. Lol.

AHAHA. Love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday I read my book and am now a little over half way done. I want to finish Side Jobs by Wednesday. I found Burn for me at Half Price Books so I have that ready to read as soon as I'm done with Butcher.  I found a Barnes and Noble gift card AND have a credit from a legal suit so I went online and bought 11 books. Bought the rest of the Ilona Andrews series, picked up the next 3  Psy-Changeling books and the complete Demonica series.  

 

At home I made dinner and wrote out all my HOA checks for the whole year. One less thing to make me procrastinate! Also worked on my bullet journal. I have a fairly simple spread for this week. I also started a fire in the fireplace but the damn thing decided to be lame and barely burn for like 4 hours. Around 11pm it started to burn heavily and didn't burn out until 1:30am. I tried to sleep on the couch because I didn't wan to leave it unattended. Right before bed I did 5 mins of yoga just to get some stretches in. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tuesday was productive. After work I went grocery shopping to get lunches for the rest of the week. I dropped off my HOA check and then went home. Got home and read for about an hour. I wanted to hit a point where I only had around 100 pages left to read. Did my yoga, made dinner then worked on my bullet journal while watching Criminal Minds. I wrote up all the books I need to read this year and added initials of the month they need to be read by. Hopefully this will help me keep semi on track. Haha

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, karinajean said:

I just got the first several Illona Andrews books from the library... I hope to start reading them this weekend!

 

Ooooh which series are you starting? Ilona Andrews is my favorite!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

 

Ooooh which series are you starting? Ilona Andrews is my favorite!

 

kate daniels - and I *think* my library has the whole series, though we have been slowly buying and donating the pieces of OTHER full series that the library system. is inexplicity missing (like, #5 of the october daye series - they have every single other book in that series, lol!)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now