• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jonesy

Jonesy's I have no idea what I'm doing 2018 Challenge

34 minutes ago, karinajean said:

kate daniels - and I *think* my library has the whole series, though we have been slowly buying and donating the pieces of OTHER full series that the library system. is inexplicity missing (like, #5 of the october daye series - they have every single other book in that series, lol!)

I love that series!  My Book Club will read the last book in it this year. :( 

What a weird one to be missing lol. 

• Like 1

Wednesday I donated plasma and was colder than I have been in a really long time. I think my chair was directly under the AC vent, which they have to keep on. Almost talked myself into stopping at getting a hot chocolate but didn't because I didn't want to use a fast food day. Also I was starving and knew that if I had stopped I would have rationalized that if I was already using a fast food day I might as well get some food out of it. Instead I stopped and got gas before heading home, with thoughts of hot tea and Cocoa in my head. 

Once I got home I made dinner, had some tea and worked on my bujo while watching Criminal minds. Soon after I decided to do my 5 mins of yoga and ended up hurting myself. Well I tweaked my knee a little. I was doing Warrior 1 and my back leg slipped back and that jerky motion did something to my knee. That was stupid, no more socks on while doing yoga. 

Finished my first book of the year, Side Jobs by Jim Butcher. 

So I started my bujo page for next week but I'm scared to add text to it because I like the way it looks. Lol

2B5A3zb.jpg

• Like 5

Liking the rest of the day but not the tweaked knee. What a bummer. :(

A bookstore really close to me is closing down which is a huge bummer, but they are putting a bunch of their stuff on sale and I need to check it out so I can go on my own book buying binge. Thanks for reminding me!

• Like 1

Wah, that's so lovely. Sorry your knee tweaked a bit, hope it's just a short lived annoyance. Def ditch the socks. I like to grip the mat with bare feet. :)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Asa Pond said:

A bookstore really close to me is closing down which is a huge bummer, but they are putting a bunch of their stuff on sale and I need to check it out so I can go on my own book buying binge. Thanks for reminding me!

Yay for discounted books, boo for closing bookstore. 

I like to be prepared when I go to book sales since I can get carried away. I bring a physical list of books I own (i'm known for buying books I already have) and favorite authors list. The Half Price Books Outlet is having a everything is $1 sales soon but I don't think it would be a good idea to go. Lol

16 minutes ago, raptron said:

Wah, that's so lovely. Sorry your knee tweaked a bit, hope it's just a short lived annoyance. Def ditch the socks. I like to grip the mat with bare feet. :)

Thanks and yeah, it will teach me to not be lazy. My knee is fine this morning but last night it was an annoyance. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, RogueLibrarian said:

I love the Dresden books. So fun.

KNEES, man

http://media3.giphy.com/media/pEP4CwhG1f1uw/giphy.gif

Book club is almost caught up in the Dresden books, which is why I added in Side Jobs. It will be sad to not read 4 -5 a year anymore! 

For the longest time it was my right knee. Then after one of my Whole30s, it switched to the left knee. That and running outside when I was out of shape. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mad Hatter said:

I just finished the series last month or so. Which means it's about time the next Dresden files is released! ;) 

When I was doing my book clubs reading list I read that Butcher just got back to writing book #16, Peace Talks. His next book (short stories) comes out June 2018. I think we are still a year out probably. :(  

Thursday was super boring. 

Image result for i have no idea what i'm doing

No fast food but it was hard not to stop by 1 of the 10 places I drive past on the way home. Instead I went home and made dinner. I did my 5 mins yoga and was going to start reading Burn for Me but decided to hold off until Friday. I know how I am with Ilona Andrews and I would have needed to finish the book. Which would have led me to reading until the wee hours of the night, getting like 2 hours of sleep and being a zombie on Friday. I did manage to put away the clean dishes, run a cycle in the dishwasher and clean out one half of my sink. 

• Like 1

The only goal thing I did Friday  was start and finish my book, Burn for me. Got lost in my book and forgot to yoga. Whoops! 

Received an email from the library saying my next Dresden Files book is ready for pickup. Adding that task to my Saturday list! 

• Like 3

I haven't gotten very far into Dresden Files (just finished Summer Knight about 2 months ago?), but I like it so far. Harry is a bit too Self Depricating White Knight Nice Guy but I have a feeling his character will develop around it in good ways, so I want to keep going.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ixaera said:

I haven't gotten very far into Dresden Files (just finished Summer Knight about 2 months ago?), but I like it so far. Harry is a bit too Self Depricating White Knight Nice Guy but I have a feeling his character will develop around it in good ways, so I want to keep going.

Uugh Harry pissed me off a lot in the earlier books. His "women are fragile beautiful creatures and need to be cared for" made me growl every time. Also he was super immature. He has grown A LOT as a person so that is a positive. He NEVER grows out of almost dying multiple times a book though. Lol

4 hours ago, Cataleya said:

I keep meaning to read the Dresden Files books. I read a graphic novel or something not too long ago and enjoyed it.

If you don't have a chance to read them, I highly suggest the audio books. James Marsters aka Spike the Bloody, does the voice in most of them. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

His "women are fragile beautiful creatures and need to be cared for" made me growl every time.

Euggh yes that drove me crazy as well! I didn't mind the immaturity though, he was a youngling by wizard standard after all, and some of it was rather amusing. :) 

• Like 2

Weekend was great but the weekend is pretty much always great because I get to sleep in and do what I want, I love it! 

Woke up early on Saturday and decided to go donate plasma earlier than I had planned. I've hit my challenge goal for plasma donations! After that, I ran to the library where I picked up the next Dresden Files book. Read 150 pages and then got dressed to go have out with my friend. We watched movies and did some shopping. Also received 3 book packages! After Friday I was so ready to read the next in the hidden legacy series but keep telling myself I have to read my monthly book club books FIRST before I devour the rest of that series. It's been hard and a true test to my willpower and restraint. Lol

Sunday I got up at 8am to go to the gym. I need to get there early now on Sundays because a church opened up right next to planet fitness and they have a 9:30am service and the parking lot in the strip mall gets packed. Also found it humorous that my gym (no judgement zone) is next to a church (which in my experience has lots of judging involved). That was my after workout thought of the day. Went home, iced my knees because apparently I pushed them too hard...Uugh. Made myself some early lunch then took a shower. Read some more of my book and have about 170 pages left. Worked on my bullet journal and roughly decided on a meal plan so I need to go to the store Monday evening. Found out late Sunday night that one of my book club books release date got pushed back from May to August so I have some book rearranging I also need to do Monday. 

Sunday Workout

30 mins PF Express workout - Most of my weights were set to 60lbs. 2 exercises at 45lbs (triceps extension and shoulder press) and 95lbs for leg press. I can get anywhere from 20 - 25 reps in each green light. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Uugh Harry pissed me off a lot in the earlier books. His "women are fragile beautiful creatures and need to be cared for" made me growl every time. Also he was super immature. He has grown A LOT as a person so that is a positive. He NEVER grows out of almost dying multiple times a book though. Lol

SO many of my friends love it and have made similar comments so I'm totally pushing through

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Euggh yes that drove me crazy as well! I didn't mind the immaturity though, he was a youngling by wizard standard after all, and some of it was rather amusing. :) 

I still roll my eyes every time he describes someone who is female and still get icked out every time he describes Molly. EVERY TIME. 

I could understand the immaturity and it didn't bug me but it sure has helped the reader see how much character development he has gone through. Lol

2 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

I still roll my eyes every time he describes someone who is female and still get icked out every time he describes Molly. EVERY TIME. 

Oh yeah me too. I shouldn't have used the past tense haha. But at least it's significantly more toned down now, especially with Karrin. Jim Butcher still deserves a slap in the face for some of his writing though. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raptron said:

Yeah, I read the first 3-4 but didn't feel like I WANTED to push through, mostly because of the attitude towards women, haha. 

I felt the story was enough to keep me coming back. Now I'm at book #14 and I'm glad I kept going. I can roll my eyes for a few sentences to get a good story. Lol. Plus he does get WAY better.

So today has been a day of planning! I forgot I had a lunch date today so I decided to check my week again and make sure I didn't miss anything else. Also spent some time rearranging my book club reading list and planned my trip and meeting spots for Saturday and the women's march.  

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Jonesy said:

Sunday Workout

30 mins PF Express workout - Most of my weights were set to 60lbs. 2 exercises at 45lbs (triceps extension and shoulder press) and 95lbs for leg press. I can get anywhere from 20 - 25 reps in each green light. 

Girl - that's an awesome workout! Get. It.

• Like 1