• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jonesy

Jonesy's I have no idea what I'm doing 2018 Challenge

So yesterday, still working on book rearranging. Not a big deal but I need to make time to ACTUALLY do it. I did finally figure out a plan for the weekend based on how things went last year. I think I'm going to drive up and park at the seattle center, take a monorail down to westlake center and then take the light rail to capital Hill. (I'm not good with buses). That way I don't have to uber with a potential massive surcharge or wait in the hour long monorail line in order to get back to downtown seattle to catch the light rail to my car. Instead I just park at the end of the March route! Smart, hopefully. 

I went grocery shopping so I would have lunches and dinners for this week. They are not the healthiest but at least I'm not tempted to go out and eat. Did my 5 mins of yoga, worked on my bullet Journal and finished reading Cold Days. 

• Like 5

Started reading Pleasure Unbound since it finally arrived! Kind of absorbed with that all night and forgot to do my yoga. Before bed I got a text from my friend saying that one of my Alma mater's Quarterbacks committed suicide last night.  I, of course didn't go to school with him but my heart breaks for him and his family because he thought the only way out was to take his life. I can't imagine how his family or teammates feel. I went to bed and woke up with a heavy heart. It's a sad day for his family, friends and the cougar nation. 

There are always other options so if you can't find any, please reach out to someone who can help. 
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
Crisis Text Line: HOME to 741-741
IM Alive: https://t.co/4ugzTpvqiN

I'm going to make Wednesday the best I can. 

• Like 3

I think I need to start eating either a breakfast or something around 9:30am and 10am. The last few days I have been starving come lunch time, today I was shaky. I hate eating early in the day though. 

• Like 1

Wednesday was an weird day. Woke feeling sad, got to work and killed 3 hours listening to the police scanner because there was a stand off that lasted that long near where I work. I was updating my co-workers on the situation so the morning went by super fast. After work I donated plasma and then went home and finished my book, did some yoga and went to bed. 

So far for this challenge I've completed my donation goal and my reading goal. I'm doing a decent job on not eating fast food and I am keeping up on my bujo. Gym goal is right on schedule but this weekend I'm taking my gym goal outside. Lol. I'll end up walking a lot on Saturday so I'm counting that as gym time. I also might stop by the gym after the way and do the hydro massage. I still need to work on saving money though. 

• Like 7

The school I go to right now was the last team the quarterback played. It's bothered a lot of people around here and, I think, its making people rethink how they treat sports and the opposing teams. My heart goes out to him and his family - death is never easy, but suicide is so hard to wrap one's head around. <3

• Like 1

Thursday was book clubs craft night so that's all I did. Lots of bullet journal watercoloring Lol. I did have fast food for dinner though. 

Friday after work I stopped by the library and picked up 2 more books. On my way home I received an email saying that I was selected to continue in with the interview process. Next step is a written exam that I scheduled for next Thursday. 

Super nervous since I have not taken any exams since I graduated college in 07! Also I was never good at tests. I don't like not knowing what to expect. 

• Like 4

Saturday started early with my drive up to Seattle. Did the women's march and was on my feet and walking from 8am to 3pm. It was a long day but made me feel pretty good. Physically I was a wreck. Lol

Stopped by the gym and did 20 mins of hydromassage then got some Indian food. I was supposed to go to a friend's party but by the time I got home, I was exhausted. I iced my knees, massaged my legs and did 5 mins if yoga. 

• Like 5

Sunday was another long day. Got up early and headed over to my parents house. My sister and I went to the Seattle Aquarium with both of my nephews, had lunch then headed home. We played some games and I did a few science experiments with my older nephew. I got him a few months of Little Passports, the science expedition, and we did a spatter test, took finger prints and attempted to extract the DNA from an apple. None of the experiments turned out that well but that's what experimenting is all about! 

Mini rant about family

Spoiler

I'm frustrated with my sister because of the way she responds/acts around my older nephew, who is feeling really neglected as of late. He's saying it's better when his brother, who will be 3 this year, is not around. He's been pretty rude to others, is acting out more and getting angry/pouting.  I get that, I remember thinking the same thing as him. I had so much anger and hated my sister growing up and thought she ruined everything. I still sometimes can only tolerate so much time with her. But this weekend while we were at the aquarium she paid little attention to him and yelled at him most of the time. I know that a 3 year old, who is constantly on the run and incredibly needy is a lot to handle but I feel bad for my older nephew. He's just a kid and doesn't really understand why his mom seems to hate him. He seems to be getting more and more mad and sad. While we were doing our science experimenting he kept making little comments about how he would like to be doing these with him mom. I kept telling him that maybe she can help with the next one when she is feeling better (she was having bad cramps) and I hate making excuses for her. He got mad and said she always says that or that they are too busy. It makes me mad because "busy" usually means she is on her phone or they are going from friends house to friends house. 

I was leaving my parents that night and told her that the next kit that he does, which is building a solar system, she should do it with him. She said Uugh and rolled her eyes. WTF kind of parenting is that? Your child wants to do an activity with you and you make a noise and roll your freaking eyes. I'm just glad she didn't do it where he could hear her. It makes me so mad and I have no idea how to help. I am more than happy to do these kits with him but he really wants his mom to do them. I can't for the life of me get why she is the way she is and I just want to smack her. I've tried to talk to her about it and she just gets defensive.

How do you make him feel loved when his mother only shows her affection around strangers. Wouldn't want non family members thinking she was a bad mom...How do you help a kid with his anger? I remember the anger and for me, when I hit junior high, it just kind of got locked inside. I don't want that for him. I'm at a loss. 

• Sad 4

Monday was a Monday. 

Image result for I have no idea what i'm doing

I looked up clerical exams online and did a few of the sample tests. Prepping for my exam on Thursday which I'm super nervous about. I also need to take a refresher course on outlook and excel. I've never had actual training on either, more self taught with the help of google. I'm hoping we do both the written exam and the skills tests at the same time because taking off work is a bitch. 

Did my yoga, ate fast food and watched way too many YouTube videos. 

• Like 4

On 1/22/2018 at 1:20 PM, Jonesy said:

Mini rant about family

I wish I had some advice. But it is bad parenting.

With the anger, maybe you can try to help him find some kind of outlet for it. A way to stop it from being locked up. 

• Like 1

So I recieved an email from the HR recruiter going over what will be on the written exam I have to take on Thursday. 
"You will have up to 98 minutes to complete the exam. The areas you will be tested on include the following: proofreading, spelling, written expression, checking, filing, coding, basic math, and business math." Anyone with government experience know what "checking" is supposed to refer to? 

Tonight and tomorrow is going to be all about figuring out what filing the government uses, what the heck they mean by checking and coding and doing some basic refreshers for everything else. 

9 minutes ago, zeroh13 said:

I wish I had some advice. But it is bad parenting.

With the anger, maybe you can try to help him find some kind of outlet for it. A way to stop it from being locked up. 

Yeah it is bad parenting. I think part of the problem is she had him fairly young so she missed a lot of her wild carefree early 20s and she resents him. Plus she gets irritated SUPER easy. She is very much like my mom. 

I'm at a loss for outlet ideas that are not violent or semi violent. I try to encourage him to express emotions but then my stupid sister makes fun of him or makes comments when he does. 

• Like 2

Kept thinking yesterday was Wednesday and would get disappointed when it was not. Did my yoga, which is really helping my knee that is all weird after the march. Yoga and Ice have helped a lot! Did not eat any fast food and made a semi food plan for the rest of the week. Started working on my taxes and heard 2 rumors at work. 1. that because we had a pretty good Q4, we might be getting bonuses and 2. they might be giving raises. Since our next paycheck is Feb 2nd, it's rumored that we will find out then. That was a fun rumor to hear, just hope it comes true. 

Did not do as much reading as I should have liked last night but the last 2 weeks or so I've been getting absorbed into videos on FB. No idea why I'm hyper focused on those. 

• Like 1

Image result for i have no idea what i'm doing test

Wednesday I worked on some random tests for basic math and business math. It's been a super long time and I wanted a refresher. I got 75% on my test, which probably should have been lower since I googled a few things. I dislike most math, always have and probably always will. There are a few things I do like but most of it consists of finding averages. I also looked up some commonly misspelled words and studied some percentages. I will say, I've missed learning. I know I learn little things by experience every day but I miss the thrill of studying something and discovering the correct answer. Sometimes I miss school. Lol

Also donated plasma, avoided fast food and forgot to do yoga.

• Like 3

Image result for I did it meme

Completed the Exam and I'm not feeling too great about it. Fractions and I do NOT work well together. Now I have to wait to see if I was in the top 10, out of at least 75 people. Hopefully I should know if I qualify for a phone interview by the end of the month, if not oh well. 

Can I just say how weird it was to be using a #2 pencil and a scantron again? 

• Like 1

Fingers crossed!

15 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Can I just say how weird it was to be using a #2 pencil and a scantron again? 

I know what you mean. My ServSafe test was like that. I thought after college I would be done with those. And if you royally messed up and needed a new Scantron, $50. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zeroh13 said:

Fingers crossed!

I know what you mean. My ServSafe test was like that. I thought after college I would be done with those. And if you royally messed up and needed a new Scantron, $50. 

Thank you and what the heck! Luckily I only needed to bring my calculator, which died. I had a backup, thank the Maker and gods and goddesses above! 

• Like 1

Ah, fingers crossed for you. :) 

On 1/24/2018 at 10:50 AM, Jonesy said:

Kept thinking yesterday was Wednesday and would get disappointed when it was not. Did my yoga, which is really helping my knee that is all weird after the march. Yoga and Ice have helped a lot! Did not eat any fast food and made a semi food plan for the rest of the week. Started working on my taxes and heard 2 rumors at work. 1. that because we had a pretty good Q4, we might be getting bonuses and 2. they might be giving raises. Since our next paycheck is Feb 2nd, it's rumored that we will find out then. That was a fun rumor to hear, just hope it comes true. 

Did not do as much reading as I should have liked last night but the last 2 weeks or so I've been getting absorbed into videos on FB. No idea why I'm hyper focused on those. 

Nice! 

• Like 1

Did not get selected to move on in the interview process but I did pass the test I had to take. So that was a small bonus but oh Well. All this applying for jobs has got me thinking about what I really want, not just job wise but overall. Still trying to figure out what I want to accomplish this year. 

Goal Wise :

Yoga has been crappy and so has my fast food goal. Completed my gym goal. Went to the gym bright and early Sunday morning. I tried something a little different and now I have a good starting spot for improvement. Instead of just doing "how many reps can I get in" per round at 45lbs. I decided to up the weights on most of the machines. My goal was to get at least 10 reps. I wanted it to be fairly difficult but not too difficult that I hurt myself. Any exercise that shows 2 sets are machines that can have the weight increased on. 

January 28 workout : PF 30 min express (weights and cardio)

Abdominal :  2x10 @ 90lbs

Seated Row : 2x10 @ 105lbs

Leg extension :  2x10 @ 60lbs

Tricep extension :  2x10 @ 60lbs

Bicep curl : 1x10 @ 45lbs

Shoulder press : 1x10 @ 60lbs

Lat pull down : 2x10 @ 75lbs

Leg press :  2x10 @ 95lbs

Chest press : 2x10 @ 75lbs

10x1 min cardio

5 min cool down stretch

20 hydro massage

• Like 6

Bummer about the job but now you know that you can pass the test and the next one will be easier!!

Upping weights is fun and will help you get stronger. Excited to see what you think moving forward! :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Asa Pond said:

Bummer about the job but now you know that you can pass the test and the next one will be easier!!

Upping weights is fun and will help you get stronger. Excited to see what you think moving forward! :)

Thanks! 

I need to create a spreadsheet for my exercises. I just have no idea where to start in excel. Lol

• Like 1