• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Jonesy

Jonesy's I have no idea what I'm doing 2018 Challenge

Recommended Posts

On 1/22/2018 at 1:20 PM, Jonesy said:

How do you make him feel loved when his mother only shows her affection around strangers.

 

You love him. You stay in his life as an awesome and supportive adult who values him as the awesome little person he is.

 

You help him find other venues for emotional support and validation.

 

Depending on his emotional maturity, maybe you find a way to communicate to him that his mom is being a crummy mom because of her own issues, not because he's somehow unworthy of her love and affection. Her neglect isn't about him, and isn't his fault. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2018 at 6:49 PM, Cataleya said:

You know I hear anim and Hazard are good with spreadsheets...

 

This is very true, I am envious of those skills! Haha
I just don't know where to start. lol

 

14 hours ago, Darth Yoga said:

 

You love him. You stay in his life as an awesome and supportive adult who values him as the awesome little person he is.

 

You help him find other venues for emotional support and validation.

 

Depending on his emotional maturity, maybe you find a way to communicate to him that his mom is being a crummy mom because of her own issues, not because he's somehow unworthy of her love and affection. Her neglect isn't about him, and isn't his fault. 

 

Thank you for this. I don't he is emotional mature for that frank conversation yet but maybe some subtle reminders. I think he is also hitting the hating your sibling phase. He still loves his brother but the jealousy of not being the only child is rearing it's ugly head. As an older child, I remember that well.  

I want to start spending more time with my nephew but I know all he wants is his mom's attention. I'm thinking of setting up a time with his mom where he spends the weekend or a night at my house. We can have fun and make a nice home cooked meal.    

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ended January's Monthly focus with 18/31 yoga days. Knowing my habits, that's actually pretty good. February's Monthly focus is sleeping. My goal is to hit 7 to 8 hours a night but I want to focus more on tracking the amount. 

 

Did my last plasma donation of the month last night, I hit 8 donations. Worked on my bullet journal in order to get ready for February. Lots of hearts but I don't even care because I finally got in my new Tombow pens and I am in LOVE. Lol

 

image.png.b73fc890e76750961cbf11109f24bfed.png

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jonesy said:

Ended January's Monthly focus with 18/31 yoga days. Knowing my habits, that's actually pretty good. February's Monthly focus is sleeping. My goal is to hit 7 to 8 hours a night but I want to focus more on tracking the amount. 

 

Did my last plasma donation of the month last night, I hit 8 donations. Worked on my bullet journal in order to get ready for February. Lots of hearts but I don't even care because I finally got in my new Tombow pens and I am in LOVE. Lol

 

image.png.b73fc890e76750961cbf11109f24bfed.png

 

You are such an inspiration to me! :beaten: And Hearts are PERFECT for February!!

Your Bullet Journal is absolutely stunning! I want to free up some time and start one too! 

How much time to you spend on it per day or week on average?

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you! I'm glad I can inspire more people to bullet journal. :)

 

1 hour ago, Asuka said:

How much time to you spend on it per day or week on average?

 

 

It depends on the week and how simple I'm keeping layouts. The beginning and end of the month get more time. Middle of the month gets probably half the time. Lol

 

I don't finish a page in one sitting usually. First I come up with the idea on a scrap piece of paper and then I lightly sketch it out in my journal. That can take anywhere from 30mins to an hour. Sometimes I start watercolor or inking the same day but I usually wait a day. 

 

Simple layouts(usually 2 pages) take around 1 to 2 hours maybe less. Layouts involving watercolors can take anywhere from 2 to 4 hours. I TRY to spend at least 10 mins on my bujo a day. That's 5 mins in the AM going over to do stuff and 5 mins in the PM to finish the day. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2018 at 8:49 AM, Jonesy said:

I'm at a loss for outlet ideas that are not violent or semi violent. 

I bought a punching ball to get through the day when I had a horrible boss who did not care about ANYTHING.

I would punch and punch and punch until my body hurt more than my anger. Sometimes, violent ways of expressing yourself are okay as long as they are safe. 

 

Hang in there - this is a tough situation. I applaud you for both noticing and trying to help your nephew. If you cannot talk to his mother, then helping the kid and being there for him is the single best thing you can do in my opinion.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Asuka said:

I bought a punching ball to get through the day when I had a horrible boss who did not care about ANYTHING.

I would punch and punch and punch until my body hurt more than my anger. Sometimes, violent ways of expressing yourself are okay as long as they are safe. 

 

I think this is great for an older teen or an adult but not a 9 year old who already has anger issues. 

 

His change in environment has helped a lot but I just wish my sister would be less selfish. She's started hanging out with her estranged husband and she says she's doing it for her younger son. All I can think is what about your older son who was treated like shit by that man? UUgh now I'm heated again. Lol

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thursday was a lazy, get nothing done day. I had a sinuous headache the whole day. I switched my toothpaste to sensodyne and I think I brush too hard.Today though, I'm fine so I think I'm going to get a soft bristle toothbrush and hope for the best.

I got paid today so I was able to finished my taxes and sent those off, adulting win! I moved some money into my savings, which helped me hit that goal of saving $84 this challenge and paid some bills!  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2018 at 1:03 AM, Jonesy said:

I think this is great for an older teen or an adult but not a 9 year old who already has anger issues. 

 

Oh, sorry, I did not realize it was for your nephew...

I think spending time with you, an adult who loves him, is key. Also repeatedly telling him he is worthy and telling him his mom is doing the best she can under her circumstances and that he is also doing the best he can is good too. That way he won't think he is doing something wrong. Reminding him that he is good and worthy of love, as illustrated by your love, is all you can do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Asuka said:

Oh, sorry, I did not realize it was for your nephew...

 

Haha no worries! 

 

20 minutes ago, Asuka said:

I think spending time with you, an adult who loves him, is key. Also repeatedly telling him he is worthy and telling him his mom is doing the best she can under her circumstances and that he is also doing the best he can is good too. That way he won't think he is doing something wrong. Reminding him that he is good and worthy of love, as illustrated by your love, is all you can do.

 

That's a good point. I need to do a better job of telling him I love him. My family has always struggled with saying I love you so it's still a work in progress for me. :)

 

So challenge wise it's been good but I'll write up a more detailed review tomorrow. I was supposed to go to the gym today but I was exhausted. Went to the Katy Perry concert last night and stayed up way late. I love free concert tickets lol. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Challenge Review

 

Image result for i have no idea what i'm doing'

 

Goals

1. Save Money - Save $85 ------ Saved $175

 

2. No fast food - Avoid Fast Food - Will allow 5 slip ups.------ This goal went off the rails towards the end. I had at least 10 slip ups. Boo

 

3. Donate Plasma - Donate at least 4x this month. ----- Donated 8x

 

4. Get my ass to the gym - 4x ----- I did end up going to the gym 4x. I am very proud of this goal. 

 

5. Do my monthly focus - This month I want to focus on doing either 5 mins of yoga before bed or when I wake up ---- I did NOT do my 5 mins of yoga 13 of the challenge days. 

 

6. Read - I have 4 books I need to read this month. ------- Read all books!

 

7. Bullet Journal - Work on it! ------ Did a great job with keeping up on my bujo

 

Overall

I had a good first of the year challenge for throwing some goals together and just running with it. Next challenge will have more structure. 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying something new for breakfast. I have trouble eating heavy foods in the AM and wake up way too late to make eggs or something. 

 

Tonight I made protein and fruit jello bites. Once they are ready I can separate them into servings and just grab and go. I hope they taste good. Haha

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now