• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Athaclena

Athaclena Moves in 2018

8am Friday meetings - UGH! Client is in Europe - wish they'd just send me to London - but NOOOOO - no travel budge so all remote - BLARG!

And on to....Thursday roundup.

1) Probiotic - CHECK

2) Macros - fewer carbs -

• Breakfast - Protein Shake
  • Lunch - Shredded Beef & Cheese on a carefully measured serving of rice
  • Dinner - PSGHETTIE!! (yes, that is spelled correctly) - Homemade from Ground Turkey with lots of onions, garlic and mushrooms - with carefully measured serving of pasta.  It was AWESOME!!!!
  • Snacks - Amazingly - none - partly because I was busy as crap during the day.....

3) Sleep - A bit short on sleep - see grumble about early meeting
4) I need to move my body - FAIL - just fail
5) And finally - moving the heck out of Atlanta - Nothing extra really done here - this will be mainly a weekend thing

• Like 3

You know, just ONCE I'd like to wake up Saturday morning w\o a headache. FFS.

I'm just NOT feeling this doing stuff around the house, going out for groceries or "being responsible" thing.  I did, at least, clean up the kitchen since I managed to just barely keep it clean enough to cook in last week. Still enjoying everything having a place....

We'll see how I feel later. I'm thinking about tackling the bedroom while hubby is away and give him a nice surprise when he gets home. We'll see how I feel later today. Just... bleh.....

• Like 3

Now that I think about it, I DID clean up that other corner of the counter and re-home a few things to be less cluttered now that I had extra space to put stuff. So I CAN have some sense of accomplishment at least. And I do have everything I need to make beef fried rice for dinner - and it's insanely simple so I think I can manage it even with a headache (which still hasn't gone away).

So - although not as much done today as I WANT - it's not a complete loss. I need to end my pity party and downward spiral thinking. I may be able to only focus for a few minutes on something that needs to be done, but I AM doing at least a little. I need to see these as wins not failures and stop my stinkin' thinkin'. It's a little better than it was yesterday - that's what matters!

I'm home AGAIN next week - but then the travel begins again in earnest. I need to make sure I have everything set up for that and not wait until the last minute - especially since I travel Sunday afternoon rather than Monday for a full 5 day training week.  At least they requested we end by 2pm Friday so folks flying in can catch flights.  It means I'm not on the LAST flight home and gets me home at a (more) reasonable hour.  I'll take the little things :)

• Like 3

Weekend roundup:

1) Probiotic - CHECK

2) Macros - fewer carbs -stayed on target

3) Sleep - got all the sleep
4) I need to move my body - FAIL - just fail
5) And finally - moving the heck out of Atlanta - Didn't do as much as I wanted, but made a little progress

Saturday I had a headache ALL DANG DAY. Sunday I slothed, but did manage to get the kitchen clean and go get groceries, so I'm calling it a win.  I am feeling much better today so I'm going to (GOING TO DANGIT) do some sort of workout after work.

There's weather heading to East TX so Delta issued a travel waiver.  I have booked hubby another night and re-booked his flight. That's some hotel points we didn't want to spend, but it sure beats hanging out in the airport overnight or spending $$....

Also, I'm finally using the Kinesis keyboard that has been gifted to me by a friend after his upgrade.  It is definitely taking some getting used to! I'm definitely getting better with the sheer typing - i.e. making fewer "miss the key and hit the wrong one" mistakes - but moving the backspace to my left thumb and the enter to slightly further away on my right thumb from my left pinky will most definitely take longer!!

• Like 3

Booooo for feeling crappy on Saturday. It's not fair when sickness falls on vacation or days off. Huge win that you still did some tidying and got groceries, though. And huzzah for doing your workout tonight! I know what you mean about the "Uggggggh so out of shape" feeling after getting back to working out. But yeah...I try to remember that I used to feel like that, and that it got better with more regularity, and remind myself that the upward progress WILL happen again. 

Oh and I got a bottle of the probiotic you use! I've only been taking it for two days so it's way too soon to say if I feel any different, but I'm excited to at least be giving it a try. I've been eating like such crap for most of this year, off and on, and I know I need to rebuild a functional GI system. Thanks for giving me the name of it - I always prefer to go with something tried and tested by someone whose opinion I trust rather than spinning the roulette wheel of internet reviews.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Severine said:

Oh and I got a bottle of the probiotic you use! I've only been taking it for two days so it's way too soon to say if I feel any different

I would say at a minimum give it a couple of week. My improvement was pretty slow, BUT there was a time where I woke up with heartburn or acid reflux almost every night. Now, it's rare and ONLY when I've eaten like COMPLETE crap including acidic foods.  I HAVE also made some diet changes, but I'm SURE the probiotics have helped as well. I have been home for 5 weeks in a row, but even the previous couple of weeks on the road (including a "dietary" tour of Kansas City) I never had to resort to antacids. I was actually surprised about that - and I only have that kind of week on the road when I REMEMBER to take my probiotics with me :)

• Like 3

Hope your feeling better after the headache.

And You got the workout in. so that in itself is a good thing. Now to do another one and see if it gets easier...

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Now to do another one and see if it gets easier...

Then I just have to level up the workout :)

Feeling good this morning so I'm totally planning on another one. I'm back to the "Total Beginner" plan on Daily Burn. I was able to DO the first workout, but I felt WAY more than I should have. It's tough to admit I've gotten THIS out of shape, but the only way to fix that is to MOVE AND WORKOUT!!! My muscles are very accustomed to walking, but not much else. Time to change it up!

• Like 3

Monday roundup:

1) Probiotic - CHECK

2) Macros - fewer carbs - CHECK - although there was some pasta, I limited it to a fraction of what I would normally eat.

4) I need to move my body - I WORKED OUT!!!!
5) And finally - moving the heck out of Atlanta - Kept the kitchen clean - it counts :)

In spite of, frankly, struggling through what is a simple, easy workout, I'm not sore. Now, I DID take 1 Aleve and some Formula 303 before bed, but I feel great this morning.

While I'd PLANNED to only do 3 workouts a week, that is a minimum. I'm going to TRY to actually do the Daily Burn Total Beginner regimen (and yes, as a former cheerleader, regular attender of dance, aerobics and yoga classes and someone who would run a 5k or 10k kind of on a whim, that really hurts). But I have to start SOMEWHERE. I'll get to where I want to be (yoga regularly and the ability to say - YES I'd love to do that 5k or 5 mile hike with you) - it's just going to take time. And at 45, I'm reminded that there's only so much left. Also, that I need to get back in shape if I want to ENJOY the rest of my time....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Athaclena said:

Workout Day 2 - DONE! Today's workout (minor core work) was MUCH better than yesterday. I don't QUITE fell like a slug any more LOL. But WOO HOO!!!!

SUCCESS!!!! That's awesome! I always love it when I stick with a workout and notice it getting better. It's amazing how much improvement you can make upfront, especially. I don't have anything to base this on, but I've always thought it's your body's way of saying "you surprised me the first time, but I am totally game for this now!" After all, your body does want to be active. ;) 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Athaclena said:

Workout Day 2 - DONE! Today's workout (minor core work) was MUCH better than yesterday. I don't QUITE fell like a slug any more LOL. But WOO HOO!!!!

You are on a hot streak so way to go. And the fact you are already seeing progress is a good thing. Keep it up.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Athaclena said:

While I'd PLANNED to only do 3 workouts a week, that is a minimum. I'm going to TRY to actually do the Daily Burn Total Beginner regimen (and yes, as a former cheerleader, regular attender of dance, aerobics and yoga classes and someone who would run a 5k or 10k kind of on a whim, that really hurts). 

Have a plan A, B, and C. I workout daily, but have multiple types of w/o's.  Yesterday I wasn't feeling well, so I just did 5min treadmill + stretching.  Anything to get movement in.

But I have to start SOMEWHERE. 

Hardest part is starting.  Great job for getting the ball rolling.

4 hours ago, Athaclena said:

Awesome.  Keep up the momentum.

And at 45, I'm reminded that there's only so much left. Also, that I need to get back in shape if I want to ENJOY the rest of my time....

Keep reminding yourself of that.  I always say you age 2yrs for every yr after 50.  And more as time goes on.  I'm 57 now.  My brain still wants perform like I used to, but the body comes up w/ a different ache to everyweek to remind me thats not possible.  I'm just shooting for daily movement now.

• Like 4

Tuesday roundup:

1) Probiotic - CHECK

2) Macros - fewer carbs - CHECK - although there was some pasta, I limited it to a fraction of what I would normally eat.

4) I need to move my body - I WORKED OUT!!!!
5) And finally - moving the heck out of Atlanta - Kept the kitchen clean - it counts :)

I'm probably NOT going to workout. I need to give a few muscles a break, I'm SLAMMED at work today and hubby is flying home and I'm still trying to figure out how to get him from the airport all the way to our house. Getting him within about 5 miles isn't the issue. We live on a relatively major road but NOT major enough to get cleared. Then there's our 'hood. It's still below 20 out, but the sun is melting what it can get to on the roads, it's the areas w\o sun I'm worried about. His plane lands about the time I'm finished with my gazillion meetings today, so hopefully I'll have it figured out by then. Uber\Lyft can probably get him close - I'll just have to put the Jeep in 4WD Low and go slow I guess LOL. At least the Jeep has Mud\Snow tires :)

• Like 3

Wednesday roundup:

1) Probiotic - CHECK

2) Macros - fewer carbs - CHECK - although there were some carbs, I limited it to a fraction of what I would normally eat.

4) I need to move my body - Decided to give my hips a 1 day rest - it was needed
5) And finally - moving the heck out of Atlanta - Kept the kitchen clean - it counts 

Hubby made it home, but the roads were pretty icy in spots. Glad he's home safe!

I worked out at lunch today - WOO HOO! That's 3 workouts this week (my goal) - but I'm gonna keep going! I don't think I'll be able to keep up the Daily Burn schedule which is literally 1 rest day per week for the first few weeks then NO rest days - but I'll do them in order and just take rest days when I need.

Also, I am now traveling the next 3 weeks. Told ya this staying home thing, while nice, wouldn't last long :) I leave Sunday for KC (get home Friday), have a quick trip to Houston the next week, then Feb I'm heading to Ottawa for a week. I plan to pack ALL THE WARM CLOTHES LOL.

• Like 3

I wish! The last time I went Ice Skating was ABOUT 16 years ago. I skated for about 15 minutes at Rockefeller Center in NYC and crossed it off my bucket list LOL. My ankles were VERY angry at me :) I spent a lot of time on roller skates as a kid, but ice skating just wasn't available in my area. Depending on weather, my snow boots (yes, I have snow boots, they're worn about once per year LOL) have been located and staged along with my scarf and gloves LOL.

• Like 2

Thursday roundup:

1) Probiotic - CHECK

2) Macros - fewer carbs - CHECK - although there were some carbs, I limited it to a fraction of what I would normally eat.

4) I need to move my body - WORKED OUT!!!!
5) And finally - moving the heck out of Atlanta - Kept the kitchen clean - it counts

Work has been a bear this morning, but wanted to at least get this in before my next meeting. I'm hoping to get another workout in today. Laundry has started in earnest to give me a head start into the weekend since I travel Sunday.

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!

• Like 2

Friday  roundup:

1) Probiotic - CHECK

4) I need to move my body - No formal workout, but did lots of stretching as I was SORE from yesterday

I'm still sore today, but a bit less. I took 2 Aleve and some Formula 303 before bed last night which I think helped (if only because I was able to sleep pretty well). No formal workout planned today, but I'm going to GET a workout LOL. There will be stair climbing  and box carrying as I take stuff to goodwill that has been ejected from the Kitchen on my way to get Groceries. Also going to try to clean ALL the floors today. I do still need to pack, but I got all the laundry done yesterday.....

I probably won't check in for a few days, so don't worry too much about me :) I've had a most excellent challenge week and I want\need to keep that momentum going!

• Like 3

Travels went smoothly - but I'm EXHAUSTED. It was a long a$$ week. Did so so on food and need to get a workout in today to get my 3 for the week (although none from my video collection).

Sunday I got in a ton of walking. I walked the 3 terminals to my gate *HUZZAH*. I did Fabulous on nutrion until Thursday. Then it all kind of went to heck, partially due to sheer exhaustion. Last night I walked 3 terminals again to get in another "workout". I've planned a fair amount of housework today which will be workout 3 for the week.

I DID remember my probiotic, I totally had my shake every morning, but the client ordered in pizza from a local joint Thursday - and, well, that opened the floodgates LOL. I'm back on track now, but I did eat like crap Thursday and 1/2 of Friday. There were fries..... Sleep - yeah, I was BAD. Need to do better this week!

As for the "moving out of Atlanta" - All the stuff that was set aside from what I was ejecting from the kitchen is now staged in the Jeep to be dropped off at Goodwill when I get groceries this week. So progress is good :) Doing some more cleaning today and deciding what I want to tackle next. Since the kitchen is in better shape, I may spend some time in the bedroom and make it more of a tranquil retreat than a dumping ground LOL.

Anyway - looking back, last week really wasn't a complete disaster, just a minor hiccup. NO BEATING MYSELF UP. Time to keep plugging away and on to the next week!

• Like 2