Are you feeling a lot less queasy as well? Yay for a nice low key climbing session.

I don't see anything wrong with wanting to hang out with friends all the time. :D Friends are the best kind of people... obviously. 

Women tend to feel more responsible/beholden to their workplaces than men (and are sometimes expected to be by their bosses), so just keep that angle in mind a little when you are going through these conversations with your boss. I agree that they can be super uncomfortable and awkward, but somehow realizing that like social conditioning is working against me here makes it a bit easier to deal with the unpleasant and guilty feelings. 

• Like 3

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

1 hour ago, tei_ said:

Top outs are terrifying. But I’m not really an advanced enough climber to distinguish between interesting moves and boring but terrifying moves, so I always feel a sense of accomplshment when I get over one without dying. 

Either way you conquer something. 

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21

My Fitness Pal - inactive

Hah! Isn't that kind of symbolic? Going through scary uncomfortable things that you would not choose voluntarily, and still you come out on top.... ^_^ you should milk that win for all it's worth :lol:

Really happy for you to have had a fun time with friends and happy climbing on top of it. You sound much better, yayyyyyyy

Seconding that there is nothing wrong with spending lots of time with friends, on the contrary they say it's the best way to live long and healthy, so there!

• Like 1

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

On 3/12/2018 at 5:10 PM, raptron said:

Are you feeling a lot less queasy as well? Yay for a nice low key climbing session.

I don't see anything wrong with wanting to hang out with friends all the time. :D Friends are the best kind of people... obviously. 

Women tend to feel more responsible/beholden to their workplaces than men (and are sometimes expected to be by their bosses), so just keep that angle in mind a little when you are going through these conversations with your boss. I agree that they can be super uncomfortable and awkward, but somehow realizing that like social conditioning is working against me here makes it a bit easier to deal with the unpleasant and guilty feelings. 

Yeah feeling good again. :) Just a weird one off. 

Exactly! :D 

That's a very interesting point you brought up there that forced me to do a fair bit of questioning. But in the end I honestly think it's less about social conditioning and more about simply liking the people I work with and not wanting to screw them over at a critical time. But as much as it sucks on a personal level I'm certainly not going to let guilt dictate any of my decisions.

On 3/12/2018 at 5:14 PM, tei_ said:

Top outs are terrifying. But I’m not really an advanced enough climber to distinguish between interesting moves and boring but terrifying moves, so I always feel a sense of accomplshment when I get over one without dying. 

Not just me then. :) Not dying is certainly an accomplishment, it's just not fun for me.

On 3/12/2018 at 5:22 PM, LouCarJo said:

I’ve just started googling dinosaur onesies now...  I’d forgotten how comfy they look.  I always think how I should go sophisticated for nightwear, then end up back with stuff with brightly coloured animals on it...

They're the best! Sophisticated is overrated. 

On 3/12/2018 at 6:39 PM, lucky fire dragon said:

Hah! Isn't that kind of symbolic? Going through scary uncomfortable things that you would not choose voluntarily, and still you come out on top.... ^_^ you should milk that win for all it's worth :lol:

Really happy for you to have had a fun time with friends and happy climbing on top of it. You sound much better, yayyyyyyy

Seconding that there is nothing wrong with spending lots of time with friends, on the contrary they say it's the best way to live long and healthy, so there!

Lol :) 

Thank you!

Right, it's such a silly thing to say, friends are awesome! At least she hasn't gone as far as suggesting I should start pushing out babies.

• Like 2

Monday fell through the cracks, I don't really know what happened. I walked half way home, but other than that I ended up doing absolutely nothing.

Today was climbing day as per usual - but all the climbs are so hard at this gym! There's nothing for me to work on, it's like they've forgotten to set at the my grade! I did manage one 6b, mostly because my friend threatened me that I would have to do abs I didn't finish it. :D It totally worked, it gave me that little extra oomph to desperately cling on the last hold so I could complete the climb. :D 

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

less about social conditioning and more about simply liking the people I work with and not wanting to screw them over at a critical time. But as much as it sucks on a personal level I'm certainly not going to let guilt dictate any of my decisions.

If I ever leave my job, I will have this problem as well. Except I will ALSO have a huge amount of social conditioning/guilt to handle at the same time. Fun times!

On 3/13/2018 at 10:39 PM, sylph said:

If I ever leave my job, I will have this problem as well. Except I will ALSO have a huge amount of social conditioning/guilt to handle at the same time. Fun times!

Great fun.

19 hours ago, annyshay said:

Hi! I fell way behind. I'm back now!

Hahaha. Helpful!

Hi!!! 

• Like 1