• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverThatBored

TRUE - January 30 Day Yoga Challenge

I’m doing this too! I discovered Adriene only a few weeks ago and am... obsessed :adoration:

So approachable. Loved today’s session. I’d love to hear how it goes for you all!

• Like 2

Here I am! Nice to share this with others :) I have completed day 1, and I will do day 2 later today. I'm currently a bit worn out, so I went a bit solo yesterday during some more demanding poses... But that's what's so lovely about home practices: you can modify them to suit your needs!

What kind of yoga equipment do you have? I just bought myself a pink yoga mat, and I'm loving it :D

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ensi said:

What kind of yoga equipment do you have? I just bought myself a pink yoga mat, and I'm loving it :D

Yay! Another one! I, too, love the home practice and feel like I can explore what my body needs a lot more :) 

I have a yoga mat, but my favorite is our high pile rug, haha. I love doing down dog with my fingers and toes in the fibers. More fun and forgiving!

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, spalm said:

I have a yoga mat, but my favorite is our high pile rug, haha. I love doing down dog with my fingers and toes in the fibers. More fun and forgiving!

Back when I had a carpet, I almost never bothered to roll out my yoga mat. The carpet was plenty.

1 hour ago, Ensi said:

Ooooh, that looks really cushy. Good grip on the bottom too! Mine's purple. :D I also have purple yoga blocks, which come in handy surprisingly often.

I think in the intro she also said you might want a blanket? But TBH I almost never actually pull out a blanket in her videos when she says to. 

• Like 2

Oh hey, cool! This is a thing!

I only did day 1 yesterday, because my mister was in town distracting me, but it was more difficult that I though it'd be. 

I just use my carpet.  It's nothing as fancy sounding as high pile, but standard shag is comfortable enough, but I do have some minor foot-slipage now and again.

• Like 4

I'm following too! I haven't done any of the videos yet, so I might start at the beginning tomorrow and work a few days behind you guys. Currently I only have 2 days of yoga per week worked into my schedule, so I may not be diligent.  :) 

• Like 2

Nice to see that so many have taken this challenge :) I am about to do Day 2 later on. I've been a bit under the weather and I just started a new job, so I've been kinda tired after work...! Luckily you can always modify your home practice to suit your needs, am I right? :P

I agree that a carpet works just as fine! I just get super positive vibes from my pink mat, though :D

17 hours ago, Alis in Abernathy said:

I only did day 1 yesterday, because my mister was in town distracting me, but it was more difficult that I though it'd be. 

It did require a lot of strength! O__o How long have you been doing yoga, by the way? This question is for all of you :) I started in 2014, I believe, with Adriene's videos...!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Ensi said:

How long have you been doing yoga, by the way? This question is for all of you :) I started in 2014, I believe, with Adriene's videos...!

I'm going to laugh at this. A LOT. I am not truly one for yoga at all, but this is the 2nd (maybe 3rd?) year I've done a January Adriene challenge. To be honest, I haven't struggled with any pieces of True yet, so I might have a little more natural affinity for yoga than I give myself credit for, but I definitely don't have sticking power with yoga. 

Every year I do this with good intentions to continue some practice (at least once a week is my goal), but I don't. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Ensi said:

How long have you been doing yoga, by the way? This question is for all of you :) I started in 2014, I believe, with Adriene's videos...!

Ive been doing yoga on and off for maybe 3 years? I used to do a bit of hot yoga in studios and a little at home. The studio yoga stuck for a while, as I found I worked harder (maybe I’m a little competitive? Lol), until I embraced yoga for myself and focusing on what my needed, working through poses, finding “space”, and all that. 

In the past few months, been making it a 4-7 day a week thing, even if a quick 20 mins. Puts me in a calmer state :)

How is everyone liking this challenge so far? Any sticky poses? New poses? Favorite poses that excite you?! I love how much time Adriene spends with cat-cow, personally. I can always find new space and movement in it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ensi said:

It did require a lot of strength! O__o How long have you been doing yoga, by the way? This question is for all of you :) I started in 2014, I believe, with Adriene's videos...!

Long story short: I got into yoga when I was 12 or 13.

Kept up some minor practice here and there until I was 18, then really got into it, with official classes and stuff. I even graduated to Pilates, mostly because I loved the instructor and wanted to be involved in everything she was doing.  At 21 I dropped it for health reasons  initially.  It's been over a decade now, and I've definitely stiffened up over time.

46 minutes ago, spalm said:

How is everyone liking this challenge so far? Any sticky poses? New poses? Favorite poses that excite you?! I love how much time Adriene spends with cat-cow, personally. I can always find new space and movement in it. 

I also just realized I wasn't doing the TRUE series :ambivalence: I heard about a 30 day yoga thing from Sylvaa and just googled it.  So I did day 3 of this this morning.

I'll try out Day 1 of TRUE tonight. :redface: My bad.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ensi said:

How long have you been doing yoga, by the way? This question is for all of you :) 

I think I started around the summer of 2014, doing a 30 day challenge by Erin Motz. I do mostly home yoga videos, either free ones or the NF yoga videos, but periodically I go and do classes in person too. 

• Like 2

I was doing the 30 days yoga with Adriene before work with my workmates just one day a week and it took around 18 months to finish.

I'm running late (as normal) but I'm going to give this January challenge a go.  I start back to work in a few days so I might rope my workmate into it.

• Like 4

On 1/4/2018 at 10:48 AM, Ensi said:

How long have you been doing yoga, by the way? This question is for all of you :)

Only about 6 months! I didn't think I'd be any good at it, especially because I supposedly hate bodyweight exercises; but I tried a YouTube yoga video, fell in love and never looked back. I try to practice at least twice a week - I'm not into the spiritual/power stuff, but I can really feel it building strength in my upper body and core, and I love that!

On 1/4/2018 at 11:46 AM, spalm said:

I agree, cat-cow feels so good!!  :) 

giphy.webp 

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist ...

I was really excited tonight (I did videos 1 and 2, and I'll finish catching up over the weekend) because I usually have a lot of trouble with the one-legged king pigeon pose, but tonight when I engaged my foot like Adriene demonstrated, I found much more stability in my center and didn't have to lean so heavily on my hands! I still can't get my hips as open/low as is ideal, but this was a huge step forward!  :) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

I was really excited tonight (I did videos 1 and 2, and I'll finish catching up over the weekend) because I usually have a lot of trouble with the one-legged king pigeon pose, but tonight when I engaged my foot like Adriene demonstrated, I found much more stability in my center and didn't have to lean so heavily on my hands! I still can't get my hips as open/low as is ideal, but this was a huge step forward!  :) 

Hey, that's awesome!! She gives really great instruction about how to set up poses. :)

• Like 2

giphy.webp 

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist ...

I love it!

I just did day 2 also! And I agree, that pigeon was much easier to do. I think I still need to do some back stuff. The cat-cow felt so stiff on me.

• Like 2