• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverThatBored

TRUE - January 30 Day Yoga Challenge

Cat-cows are lovely :D I had the same experience with pigeon, it was easier to hold up when I engaged my foot. I did Day 2 yesterday - it's been a tolling week, but I hope to do Day 3 today! I love learning new poses and sequences for my own practices. Do you practice without videos every now and then? I find it lovely, in a way, because it's all me and allows me to listen to myself better :P

• Like 3

I've tried "studio yoga' but in a big class and I didn't like it. I've been doing Adriene Yoga for about a year but only once a week with some workmates.

Thus is the first tine I've done yoga at home and I have found it more relaxed because I'm on my own and can make more adjustments to the movements than when doing it with others. Maybe it will be a gateway to other exercise videos at home. I'm usually not motivated to do anything on my isn, but I know I've got NF companions.

I started late so just did day 2 before bed. I also loved that extended pigeon.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ensi said:

Do you practice without videos every now and then? I find it lovely, in a way, because it's all me and allows me to listen to myself better :P

It's certainly a goal, but I don't think I have enough poses committed to memory to have a go own my own! Do you have a certain flow memorized or poses you like to stick to?

Anyone gotten to Day 6 abs? Oof! A doozy, but loved learning the plank with knee circles.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

On 1/6/2018 at 11:30 PM, Ensi said:

Cat-cows are lovely :D I had the same experience with pigeon, it was easier to hold up when I engaged my foot. I did Day 2 yesterday - it's been a tolling week, but I hope to do Day 3 today! I love learning new poses and sequences for my own practices. Do you practice without videos every now and then? I find it lovely, in a way, because it's all me and allows me to listen to myself better :P

Is there a pdf or list of moves available? I might like this :)  Sometime I'm feeling like she's going a bit fast for me.

On 1/7/2018 at 7:48 PM, spalm said:

It's certainly a goal, but I don't think I have enough poses committed to memory to have a go own my own! Do you have a certain flow memorized or poses you like to stick to?

Anyone gotten to Day 6 abs? Oof! A doozy, but loved learning the plank with knee circles.

giphy.gif

Just did this one this morning.  My abs are buring, and the knee circles were challenging for my upper body (I was in plank position), but the rotations felt kind of great for my hips. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alis in Abernathy said:

Just did this one this morning.  My abs are buring, and the knee circles were challenging for my upper body (I was in plank position), but the rotations felt kind of great for my hips. 

Yes! Knee circles were a new one for me. Loved them :)

• Like 2

I"m doing this too! Thank you Skygirl for letting me know about this group. This is my first challenge so I haven't really been through the forums a lot yet. Just starting off small :D 

I live in Singapore so I'm probably on a much different time zone to you guys (if you're from American you are probably just about sleeping now!) so I don't get the video email until around 6pm my time. I have been doing them each day though, before bed. I was a bit worried how exercise before bed would upset my sleep so I scheduled my meditation practice afterwards to help calm my body down. It is working really well so far (although I have fallen asleep a few times in the middle of my meditation!)

I did some of the 30 day series from last year and I have to say I really like Adriene's style. She is the first person to make videos that made me feel comfortable following along at my own pace. Which is good because the downward dogs kill me a little! I can't really 'hold' them as long as she does... Something to work on! 

• Like 3

I'm so far behind!!  :(  :(  :(  Classes started this week and I've been playing catch-up on work for my advisor ... I'm going to try to get back on track once her work is done!

14 minutes ago, Mindrah said:

Which is good because the downward dogs kill me a little! I can't really 'hold' them as long as she does... Something to work on! 

I know, I'm right there with you!! My shoulders are pooped by the time I finish one of her videos! I need to keep working on my endurance!!  :) 

• Like 1

After doing these videos for a little while, I'm definitely noticing a drop in stiffness! For a while when I was bending over to touch my toes my spine was kind of achey because I hadn't been stretching, but that feeling is mostly gone now~

I got a late start + missed a day last Friday, so I want to do a bit of catch up too. 

• Like 1

I just wanted to say a tennis teammate was like oh we're doing this yoga challenge at work and I was like IS IT TRUE and she was like I dunno some Adriene lady and I was like I UNDERSTOOD THAT REFERENCE

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Mindrah said:

I"m doing this too! Thank you Skygirl for letting me know about this group. This is my first challenge so I haven't really been through the forums a lot yet. Just starting off small :D 

I live in Singapore so I'm probably on a much different time zone to you guys (if you're from American you are probably just about sleeping now!) so I don't get the video email until around 6pm my time. I have been doing them each day though, before bed. I was a bit worried how exercise before bed would upset my sleep so I scheduled my meditation practice afterwards to help calm my body down. It is working really well so far (although I have fallen asleep a few times in the middle of my meditation!)

I did some of the 30 day series from last year and I have to say I really like Adriene's style. She is the first person to make videos that made me feel comfortable following along at my own pace. Which is good because the downward dogs kill me a little! I can't really 'hold' them as long as she does... Something to work on! 

No worries, I'm 3 days behind.  And we all start somewhere.  Before November I didn't have enough strength to even start a plank, let alone hold and move in one. With practice, it will come ;)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

Are you guys still keeping up?? I was sick for about a week, so I ended up taking a break while I was recovering. I'm back to the videos now, but I'm only on Day 10. 

I have to admit that starting a new work and being slightly sick have made it really difficult for me to keep it going - I've only completed days 1 and 2, and started 3...! But hmm. I could do Day 3 today, finally :) This isn't a race, right?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

Are you guys still keeping up?? I was sick for about a week, so I ended up taking a break while I was recovering. I'm back to the videos now, but I'm only on Day 10. 

Mostly! I just did Day 15 this morning. I took a break all weekend from all my working out activities so back at at :)

hope you're feeling better!

• Like 2

I finally got to go do day one today. And I think my day was better for it.
Some days are hard. Showing up on the mat helps. Must remember.

:back to work:

---

Stay strong. Dream true. Walk tall.
-- Charles de Lint

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Morag said:

I finally got to go do day one today. And I think my day was better for it.
Some days are hard. Showing up on the mat helps. Must remember.

:back to work:

That's great!

It's so hard to remember. I always find myself dragging my feet when it's time to do yoga, and then I do it and remember "hey, I actually really enjoy this??". But no matter how many times I do it and it helps improve my day, I just can't get my brain to remember how good it is!

• Like 2

I'm kind of down for the count at the moment. I think day 10 was the last one I did too.
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Alis in Abernathy said:
22 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

I'm kind of down for the count at the moment. I think day 10 was the last one I did too.

Too busy? Sick? Lost interest?

Too busy? Sick? Lost interest?
I was in a car accident a few weeks back and what started with a very manageable tweak has turned into full blown whiplash. I can't move anything above my shoulders :(
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Alis in Abernathy said:

I was in a car accident a few weeks back and what started with a very manageable tweak has turned into full blown whiplash. I can't move anything above my shoulders :(

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that. Have the doctors given you any idea how long you'll be recovering?

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that. Have the doctors given you any idea how long you'll be recovering?
Not yet. I have an appointment but with flu season (most people who live out here being seniors) I can't get in for another 10 days Xp
I am on a list to call if something opens up sooner
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

I'm so sorry @Alis in Abernathy!! Are you in a lot of pain? I wish we could help somehow!

I finally picked back up the thread today and did Day 3 ... not sure how long it will take me to get through the journey, but I'm going to keep coming back to it until I've done all 30. 

Is anyone on track with all of them? Those who are and aren't, how are you feeling about where you're at and what you've learned?

• Like 1

I'm so sorry [mention=69346]Alis in Abernathy[/mention]!! Are you in a lot of pain? I wish we could help somehow!

I finally picked back up the thread today and did Day 3 ... not sure how long it will take me to get through the journey, but I'm going to keep coming back to it until I've done all 30. 

Is anyone on track with all of them? Those who are and aren't, how are you feeling about where you're at and what you've learned?
I'm not in so much anymore, but I just can't move.
Sorry to sidetrack the thread. I'm positing a bit about it on my challenge thread.

I was really loving the yoga, and was doing well with consistency. I really felt my hips loosening up. And my dog finally started letting me do solo yoga! I'm going to pick this back up as soon as I can
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Alis in Abernathy said:

I'm going to pick this back up as soon as I can

I hope it's soon!! I pray that you would heal quickly!  <3

And WHAT IS IT ABOUT DOGS AND YOGA?? Adriene is always having to push Benji out of the way, and my dog always comes to sit next to me and lick my face when I'm in downward dog or tabletop position; and now your dog too?  :D 

• Like 2