• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

brutalbears

Brutal Bears: Winter is Coming

Over the weekend I did pretty well. I stuck pretty well to Paleo, but I didn't get out to do much. It was freezing rain all day Sunday, so the Fiance and I just played borderlands. I also cut back heavily on my smoking, which was like driving a needle through my head all day long. But, I need to get back to where I only smoke my pipe (which is loaded with Lord of the Rings themed tobacco at the moment; old tobey) on rare ocassion.

• Like 4

Yesterday I stuck with it all! I was not as active on here, and to be honest I am having some trouble connecting with people on the forums. But, I lifted, ate right, and went for some walks!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, brutalbears said:

Yesterday I stuck with it all! I was not as active on here, and to be honest I am having some trouble connecting with people on the forums. But, I lifted, ate right, and went for some walks!

Glad you're here. Make it your own and never feel guilty about developing your own style on the forums. Some people don't post every day and they're healthier for it. Some people use the forums as a mental health support group and they're healthier for it. Some people use the forum to make relentless series of dick jokes, and they're better for it (I think).

• Like 5

Glad you're here. Make it your own and never feel guilty about developing your own style on the forums. Some people don't post every day and they're healthier for it. Some people use the forums as a mental health support group and they're healthier for it. Some people use the forum to make relentless series of dick jokes, and they're better for it (I think).

Everyone feels a little better after a good dick joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Laghail said:

QFT! 

I always tell people to just be online as much as they want, and not more or less. If being tied to the forums stresses you out, check in every couple of days or once a week. If visiting other people's threads stresses you out, don't! If being here all day every day is more comfortable for you, welcome and go for it. The forums are like a buffet. Take what you're hungry for, and don't feel weird about leaving the rest. No one will judge your choices. And if you end up deciding you don't want to eat what we're serving, that's fine too. 

• Like 2

What a weekend! The cold weather has really dampened things out here. It is -4 (yes negative) today. Over the long weekend, I stayed the course, ate pretty awesome, and did my workouts. I also started deconstructing my basement to finish it the way I want. I think the hours I spent with a sledgehammer where more than adequate extra workouts! As the end of last week I weighed in at 200.3, wich is a 3 pound drop!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, brutalbears said:

I also started deconstructing my basement to finish it the way I want

When you start deconstructing your basement, the basement starts deconstructing you

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Laghail said:

The Rand Scheme of Things

I was in the mall yesterday looking at tuxes for the wedding, and in one of the stores I saw a sign that said 'John Galt'. I imagined people seeing it and asking 'who is John Galt?' It brought me so much cheer.

• Haha 1

Just wanted to update that I am still chipping away. I have been pretty caught up in planning a wedding...which takes way more work than I had imagined! I also have been working on my basement which is both time consuming and one hell of a workout!

• Like 2

Just wanted to update that I am still chipping away. I have been pretty caught up in planning a wedding...which takes way more work than I had imagined! I also have been working on my basement which is both time consuming and one hell of a workout!

Great job keeping up on your goals! Weddings and renovations are both major projects and both can be BRUTAL undertakings.
My husband and I laugh that the smartest thing we ever did was not have a wedding. We told our families we were getting married, but they weren’t invited, booked a wedding vacation at a Sandals Jamaican resort, and relaxed in Jamaica for a week while the resort took care of all the details. When we got back, we had a big party for all our family. No drama, no hassle, and not nearly as expensive as it would’ve been otherwise. Luckily my family has a history of doing weddings that way, and I’m one of 10 siblings, so no one minded that there wasn’t a wedding to attend.
Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, brutalbears said:

Last night I got out for one of the most pathetic 3-mile runs of my life lol. SOmething about the cold and rain slowed my run speed to pitiful, but I got it done.

Hoarfrost in your beard? probs means the run was good, even if the more accurate verb is, "the shamble"

Well I went to see my doctor since I have been sick, and we went over my most recent lab results. Spoiler: they are not good. I have one of the highest cholesterol levels they have seen in a 25-year-old and my blood pressure is awful. They said I am at risk for heart attack at 25 and have 6 months to get things in check or I need to go on cholesterol and high blood pressure medicine. They attribute my most recent health issue with stress and ulcer creating digestive issues, which has been a recurring issue. I apparently really need to get my stress under control, they recommend anti-anxiety medication, but I am not quite ready for that step. I need to make some massive changes to my lifestyle...I am really wishing I never gained back all the weight after losing it the last time...

10 minutes ago, brutalbears said:

Well I went to see my doctor since I have been sick, and we went over my most recent lab results. Spoiler: they are not good. I have one of the highest cholesterol levels they have seen in a 25-year-old and my blood pressure is awful. They said I am at risk for heart attack at 25 and have 6 months to get things in check or I need to go on cholesterol and high blood pressure medicine. They attribute my most recent health issue with stress and ulcer creating digestive issues, which has been a recurring issue. I apparently really need to get my stress under control, they recommend anti-anxiety medication, but I am not quite ready for that step. I need to make some massive changes to my lifestyle...I am really wishing I never gained back all the weight after losing it the last time...

Before you beat up on yourself too bad, remember that weight gain itself can be a symptom of high stress / high anxiety. It's valid to regret gaining the weight, but you statement could be reduced to 

11 minutes ago, brutalbears said:

I am really wishing I never gained back all the weight after losing it the last time... I wasn't dealing with high levels of stress / anxiety

Valid, and I'll support you all the way building new coping / support structures for healthier outcomes, but you're allowed to accept guilt over the weight gain only as much as you're allowed to accept guilt over the underlying condition.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Laghail said:

Before you beat up on yourself too bad, remember that weight gain itself can be a symptom of high stress / high anxiety. It's valid to regret gaining the weight, but you statement could be reduced to 

Valid, and I'll support you all the way building new coping / support structures for healthier outcomes, but you're allowed to accept guilt over the weight gain only as much as you're allowed to accept guilt over the underlying condition.

I suppose you are right. It is just not the most fun news I have ever received lol. I just need to get some shit changed.

• Like 3

Are we already in the last week of this challenge? That is crazy! I am getting over being sick and ready to kick ass this week. I committed to also doing a half hour of yoga every morning, and I am excited to wrap this challenge up!

• Like 3