• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jazmin

Good morning sunshines!

(It's always morning somewhere.. just run with it. :) )

Hello there Nerd Fitness! I am a gamer geek, both board and table top games, a larper (stand around and look poncy flavour of larp rather than the run around in the woods hitting people flavour), a string nerd and a history geek. I've been a long long long time reader of this site, but always a lurker and making excuses as to why I couldn't participate fully. I mean, clearly /my/ version of broken was completely different than everyone else's, right? Of course.

Ha. Yeah right. I need to respect my flavour of broken (I bring a couple flavours of severe arthritis and joint damage to the table that has seen some falls and a car accident make everything suck in the last couple of years), but rehab doesn't happen sitting on the recliner couch. 

That being said, the fitness goals are super modest. Food has never gotten terribly bad, but it's where I can make bigger tweaks right now. 

Goal 1: At least 14 fasting/ 10 feasting intermittent fasting every day. (Coffee with unsweetened almond milk excluded because dear gods, no one wants that.)

Goal 2: 50% modified paleo meals. (ie if I eat 20 meals this week, 10 of them at least are modified paleo)

Goal 3: One gym visit a week, and step goal (4000 steps) every day.

Level up my life: Summon up my 30 seconds of courage and make a dentist appt. Then summon it up again to actually /go/. (probably multiple times. Gnngh.)

(Bonus goal: Figure out how to up my gif game. You people are masters.) 

hey and welcome! I'm glad you decided to stop lurking - I was also a long-time lurker too, but then I jumped in and haven't looked back!!!

(the gifs are super intense here, aren't they? I just sit back and enjoy, honestly.)

hitting that step goal will go really far towards your fitness, honestly! people overlook how important walking is. And then when you hit it, you can bump it higher.... :D 

what are you doing at the gym? 

11 minutes ago, karinajean said:

hey and welcome! I'm glad you decided to stop lurking - I was also a long-time lurker too, but then I jumped in and haven't looked back!!!

(the gifs are super intense here, aren't they? I just sit back and enjoy, honestly.)

hitting that step goal will go really far towards your fitness, honestly! people overlook how important walking is. And then when you hit it, you can bump it higher.... :D 

what are you doing at the gym? 

At this point? My physiotherapist will be happy if I get in the habit of actually getting to the door, even if I do nothing else beyond sit in the hot tub and encourage all those pissed off muscles to relax for half a minute. Today's plan is to try and figure out the treadmill to get a little beyond my step goal for the day. (If its super busy, or the workday tries to kill me, hot tub it is!)

• Like 1

Congrats on attacking the treadmill. I like it for a change of pace and to get some zone out time while sweating. Either watching the TV or listening to an audiobook while you're on the treadmill. 

Image result for you got dis gif

Hey @Jazmin! Welcome to the Rebellion! I'm so glad you're here and pursuing your goals with us! Arthritis is absolutely no joke - does sitting in the hot tub help with the pain at all?

15 hours ago, Jazmin said:

(Coffee with unsweetened almond milk excluded because dear gods, no one wants that.)

Bless you, a fellow coffee-lover ... 

allies.gif 

How did your treadmill adventure go? Did you like it? 

Alright! 

I made it to the gym last night! The parking lot was a zoo. The change room was a zoo. The legs were having /none/ of the idea of getting near the treadmill (one of the 'joys' of life with a disability, sometimes your body tells you what the plans are.). And there were exactly three of us in the pool. :)

So instead of treadmill, there was a lot of range of motion and stretching work in the pool, and a good solid soak to try and ease some of the muscles. @Skygirl asked if I find the heat helps.. yes. For my particular flavour of cranky in my legs, hot is made of win. 

Granted, now my legs are super tired and based on the fact that no one other than me is at work today, I will totally hit my step goal today. 

Now, if I could manage to not spend the last 2 hrs of fasting every morning wanting to kill people for their snacks, this would be awesome. Progress! 

• Like 2

On 1/4/2018 at 9:11 AM, Jazmin said:

So instead of treadmill, there was a lot of range of motion and stretching work in the pool, and a good solid soak to try and ease some of the muscles. @Skygirl asked if I find the heat helps.. yes. For my particular flavour of cranky in my legs, hot is made of win.

That sounds awesome! Sorry your legs were having a cranky day, but I'm glad you had some pool space to yourself and got a good stretch/soak.  :) 

Granted, now my legs are super tired and based on the fact that no one other than me is at work today, I will totally hit my step goal today. 

Aaaand that sounds not-so-awesome.  :P  Hope it turned out okay!!

Now, if I could manage to not spend the last 2 hrs of fasting every morning wanting to kill people for their snacks, this would be awesome. Progress! 

P88UGIT.gif 

Right! A couple of updates!

I totally failed a fort check and faceplanted with the plague for a few days. It's made energy levels low and the gym is just not a thing right now. This is not the end of the world. (I also learned how many steps one gets in a day when shuffling from bed to couch to fridge is exhausting. 692 steps. For the day. And it required many naps. That there is a failed fort save.) 

My current meds collection and IF don't really play nicely together, but rather than a big carby breakfast.. now I nibble lightly on a banana and some protein in the mornings. (and coffee. Because coffee is a non-negotiable). 

Paleo meals are going surprisingly well, even if I may have snapped utterly on the idea of another egg dish for a little while in there. Friday night is game night (7th Sea 2nd ed atm for those curious), and we all eat as a group, and have dessert. Only dessert all week, and I accept that it is going to be cake (sometimes tarts, maybe cookies). We actually all enjoy cooking, so game night is always a homecooked meal and it's really not all that bad in terms of eating well. 

I have a dentist appointment booked! Jan 30th. 

Not perfect, but Progress!

• Like 1