• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tash

Structure building challenge

Hey Guys,

Sorry for starting so late with this challenge.

Previous challenge didn't went well because of some mental health issues. And now I have liver problems thanks to the medication I need to take. I felt to bad to start a knew challenge, but all is well now. 

I'm going to keep it simple, a few goals are things I will try to do everyday. Building some kind of ritual and/or lifestyle. Also trying to start doing a few active things to get some physical exercice structure in my day to day life. 

Goal 1: drinking 1l of water/tea Pretty much what it says, just looking out that I don't drink to much cafeine or theine while doing this.

Goal 2: drinking no alcohol  I went this summer without alcohol for three months. I will do fine, I will just miss whiskey from time to time. But since my liver is this bad I decided to try living without alcohol until my liver is healthy. 

Goal 3: cold showers every day I start with 15 sec cold showers and try to build up to 60 sec cold showers

Goal 4: follow the warrior diet I've been doing it on advice of my therapist, its really just a combination of paleo diet and intermittent fasting/OMAD with only one main meal. I already tried it out and the heavy feeling and bloated feeling I get when having two meals when intermittent fasting is something I don't get here

Goal 5: hill sprints once every week  I have never done those, but I am just going to jump into it, or rather run.... :beguiled: Not over extending or stuff, just exploring it. Next challenge I can go more in depth.

Goal 5B: Walk for 1 hour, at least once a week.

Goal 6: Do at least 1 1-hour yoga session every week Just time 1 hour I guess and if I have time over I can do some meditation and try to add an asana more for the next sessions

Goal 7: Core workout once a week + when running I stumbled on this routine via a post for runners I saw on the nerdfitness blog. Seems very good to build a strong core. I want to try it out on its own and also when I will do my hill sprints. http://strengthrunning.com/2010/05/elite-core-and-dynamic-warm-ups-a-comprehensive-guide/

• Like 1

Hi Tash!

This is a special challenge where you can join anytime in January, and not be late. So you're actually right on time. :)

I could never do cold showers. At least not in the winter. If I want to be cold I can just step outside. >_< Though for awhile I did do splash really cold water on your face in the morning. Definitely wakes you up!

Good luck!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

I could never do cold showers. At least not in the winter. If I want to be cold I can just step outside. >_< Though for awhile I did do splash really cold water on your face in the morning. Definitely wakes you up!

I always splash cold water on my face so I know the feeling :D I am really good with cold temperatures. Only thing that bothers me is cold + wet weather, makes my back totally stiff. But I love cold weather much more than warm weather.

• Like 1

Couldn't do the warrior diet yet because I still had to take some medication which have to be taken with food. But from tommorow I'm almost meds free. At least untill the evening.

Drinking 1L every day went well, most of the time I drink even more. Certainly know I don't drink alcohol, if I go to a bar I order some tea's or healthy juices. 

Yoga was to hard to do for an hour because of a strain in my leg. Can't do much poses when they hurt that much.

And then there is a small change in my workouts. Since I took the time to write down the whole planned routine. And I guess I won't even be able to do it totally. I feel like the hill sprints are just to heavy to add with the workout. So I change that goal in trying to walk 1 hour every week.

The planned workout I will try monday. Still have to find a system to write it down so I can see my growth etc...:

WARM UP:

2 ROUNDS:

Walking Deadlifts (Drinking Bird) x 10

Groiners x 20

Donkey Kicks x 10

Mountain Climbers x 20

Leg Swings x 10

Lateral Leg Swings x 10

Iron Cross x 10

Front Lunge x 4

Lunge with Twist x 4

Lateral Lunge x 4

Back to Side Lunge x 4

Backwards Lunge x 4

2 ROUNDS:

Donkey Kicks x 10

Scorpions x 20

Push ups x 5

Donkey Whips x 5

Lower Body Crawl x 10

Iron Cross x 20

Australian Crawl x 20

Side Pedestal Leg Lift x 5

Groiners x 10

Hordle Seat Exchange x 10

Leg Cycle x 5

Hurdle Leg Forward x 5

Hurdle Leg Backward x 5

Leg Swings x 10

Lateral Swings x 10

1 ROUND:

Front Lunge x 10

Lunge with Twist x 10

Lateral Lunge x 10

Back to Side Lunge x 10

Backwards Lunge x 10

(optional run)

WORKOUT 

2 ROUNDS: (hold ever pose for 60 sec, minimum rest)

Modified Bicycle

Plank

Leg Extension

Side Plank

Modified Bird Dog

Supine Leg Lift

1 ROUND:

Lateral Leg Raises x 30

Clam Shells x 30

Hip Thrusts x 25

Side-Steps x 5

Pistol Squats x 10

Hip Hikes x 20

Iron Cross x 20

(Already sweating....)

tumblr_oyn7tmjXAi1qmob6ro1_400.gif

• Like 1

Good challenge, following along!

With the yoga, if you can't get 1 hour in one go why not try to accumulate an hour over the course of the week? 3 20 minute sessions or even 4 15 minute ones?

• Like 2

On 7-1-2018 at 8:46 PM, Jarric said:

Good challenge, following along!

With the yoga, if you can't get 1 hour in one go why not try to accumulate an hour over the course of the week? 3 20 minute sessions or even 4 15 minute ones?

I just like more asanas in one session. I followed yogaschool for a year were we sometimes had shorter yogasessions in combination with meditations. This just didn't feel as good as the yogasessions with more asanas. That is why I want to do longer yogasessions.

Overview of the week:

Goal 1: drinking 1l of water/tea  went well, most of the time I drink more then 1l

Goal 2: drinking no alcohol 5/7 had a glass of wine yesterday and now I am drinking beer :ambivalence:

Goal 3: cold showers every day 1/7 > next week I should try to at least take 4 cold showers.

Goal 4: follow the warrior diet 4/7 couldn't say no to my cravings every day. No I wasn't really hungry the times I began eating. I just craved food. I will try to stay on the warrior diet next 4 days, longer if possible.

Goal 5: Walk for 1 hour, at least once a week. Done, went shopping this week with a friend. I know this is probably not the walking speed I would walk if I would wlak normally, but considering I stood up for two hours and walked around. I feel like this is already a better upgrade than the couch.

Goal 6: Do at least 1 1-hour yoga session every week 0/1 

Goal 7: Core workout once a week + when running 0/1

I feel bad about those last two, next week better.

• Like 1