• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RogueLibrarian

RogueLibrarian: there is no try

HI EVERYBODY

jgfkslfsfs.jpg?w=450

Over the holidays, I did a lot of traveling and my habits suffered -- this is going to be a month not to try anything fancy, just get back into the groove. I do want to up my game some, as I think my workouts are starting to get into a boring rut, but my heart is telling me that I need to think about getting my routine solid again before I try to get fancy. 

I put on a couple of pounds over the break, but only a couple of pounds, but on my skinny frame a couple of pounds at the waistband makes a difference. Ms. Rogue and I are eating serious veggies for the next few weeks.

• Work out three times a week
  • Meditate every day
  • Eat green things (gummy bears don't count)

GO

• Like 5

Today:

35 minutes on the elliptical (got a new tablet for xmas that's great for videos on the cardio machine). Followed up with a light bodyweight workout and I can tell I have some ground to make up in my strength work.

My knees are a little jacked up from running over break. I'm going to get a physical soon and I'll talk to my doctor about it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

My knees are a little jacked up from running over break. I'm going to get a physical soon and I'll talk to my doctor about it.

Knees are the worst. Poor design all around. That spec should never have passed review. Hope yours start behaving soon!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, otterbyte said:

Knees are the worst. Poor design all around. That spec should never have passed review. Hope yours start behaving soon!

Unfortunately I've had chronic knee problems since my 20s, so it's unlikely that they're going to get much better -- I'm just doing what I can to take care of the defective equipment that's been assigned to me... 

9 minutes ago, raptron said:

Green things are good.

Ms Rogue is working late tonight, so I'm going to make one of my favorite easy/healthy meals: red & black beans cooked with rice, onion, garlic, and a shitload of chopped spinach. Season with ... pretty much anything, and top with a liberal dose of hot sauce.

We both feel a little over-fed after a week at our moms' houses with constant availability of desserts, so we're trying to do something close-ish to low-fat vegan for a couple of weeks. (We're vegetarian but not vegan, typically.) She's been cooking for the last few days so I need to come up with something for tomorrow too. I have a bad habit of falling back on frozen veggie burgers and similar when I can't think of anything, and I'm going to avoid that this month.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, karinajean said:

UM THAT PIC THO 

I love it so much.

Me too. I kind of feel like I need to put it somewhere I can see it regularly, just to refill my heart from time to time.

Luke Skywalker has been my hero since I was 7. 2017 was the year I realized Mark Hamill is also one of my heroes.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Me too. I kind of feel like I need to put it somewhere I can see it regularly, just to refill my heart from time to time.

Omg same! I'm so sad Daisy took her Instagram down. :(

• Like 2

TODAY:

25 minutes of rowing. I think that is a personal best. I was going to do some leg lifts for abs afterward, but man, that was enough.

Made appointment for a physical, and gave the doc's office a heads-up that I want to talk to my doctor about knee problems. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tei_ said:

25 minutes of rowing is SO LONG. I swear erg machines cause time to slow down. 

I know it's really good exercise that doesn't stress my knee, so I'm going to keep it in my routine, but man am I ever going to have motivation difficulties unless I can find some way to make it more fun.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RogueLibrarian said:

I know it's really good exercise that doesn't stress my knee, so I'm going to keep it in my routine, but man am I ever going to have motivation difficulties unless I can find some way to make it more fun.

normally I"m great at ideas for more fun, but for this one all I can think of is shouting made up words to the tune of the Volga Boatmen. 

"I'm doing ROW-ing.

I'm doing ROW-ing.

rowING rowING 

I'm doing ROW-ing - 

HUH."

OH MY GOSH. I just found out that there are actual words to the Volga Boatmen. 

my whole life I'd thought it was insturmental (and my dad would sing happy birthday to the tune... oh HAPpy BIRTHday.... HUH. oh HAPpy BIRTHday....HUH. Oh hap-py hap-py oh HAPpy BIRTHday.... HUH")

well, what do you know.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Once i tried the fish game that comes on the machine but I didn't understand the rules and then the game ended and it stopped logging my distance before I'd planned on stopping, so failing grade for that method.

The only way I've found is to row in time to Buffy Ste. Marie's Starwalker. So I don't row for very long because I haven't found any other songs that fit my ideal rowing pace as exactly :P

13 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Are any of the machines not boring? Asking for me.

Image result for daisy carrie

2016 was when I realised how incredible Carrie Fisher was. </3

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Twilight said:

Are any of the machines not boring? Asking for me.

Nah, the machines are boring, not much way around that. For some reason I find the rowing machine particularly egregious. But on the other hand, it's cardio that gives me more of an upper-body workout, so I'm putting up with it once in a while.

10 hours ago, tei_ said:

Once i tried the fish game that comes on the machine but I didn't understand the rules and then the game ended and it stopped logging my distance before I'd planned on stopping, so failing grade for that method.

I wonder if ours has games on it? I'll have to check. I have been using Zombies Run with it.

13 hours ago, karinajean said:

my whole life I'd thought it was insturmental (and my dad would sing happy birthday to the tune... oh HAPpy BIRTHday.... HUH. oh HAPpy BIRTHday....HUH. Oh hap-py hap-py oh HAPpy BIRTHday.... HUH")

I didn't know what song this was until you said this, and then I knew instantly.

• Like 1