• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RogueLibrarian

RogueLibrarian: there is no try

9 hours ago, raptron said:

No, no, we only like freedoms that have nothing to do with human bodies. 

8 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Okay, if I'm honest I didn't really want to work out in my underpants.

Nothing but disappointment here. ;) 

• Like 2

I did not work out yesterday. What I thought was going to be two meetings pretty much engulfed most of my day and I had to decide not to get to the gym.

I did just come from Saturday kickboxing class, however. Ms Rogue has come down with a nasty virus of some sort, so she is sleeping (probably will be all weekend), and I went to the 9am class instead of our usual 11:15. I'm glad I did -- kickpunching classes have been REALLY FULL since new year's, and the earlier class had a lot more room today. Class really wrecked me (I have got to work on my core if I want to keep up) but now that it's over I feel good.

Fat-free yogurt and oatmeal for breakfast. We ordered takeout last night and there's leftover, but I'll probably have salad for lunch while the vegetables are fresh. (But if Ms R feels like it we'll probably have pizza tomorrow. I make good pizza.)

I am feeding my brain with stuff to get ramped up to write some more -- Feb 1 I start writing every day again.

• Like 2

On 1/27/2018 at 10:57 AM, RogueLibrarian said:

I did not work out yesterday. What I thought was going to be two meetings pretty much engulfed most of my day and I had to decide not to get to the gym.

I did just come from Saturday kickboxing class, however. Ms Rogue has come down with a nasty virus of some sort, so she is sleeping (probably will be all weekend), and I went to the 9am class instead of our usual 11:15. I'm glad I did -- kickpunching classes have been REALLY FULL since new year's, and the earlier class had a lot more room today. Class really wrecked me (I have got to work on my core if I want to keep up) but now that it's over I feel good.

Fat-free yogurt and oatmeal for breakfast. We ordered takeout last night and there's leftover, but I'll probably have salad for lunch while the vegetables are fresh. (But if Ms R feels like it we'll probably have pizza tomorrow. I make good pizza.)

I am feeding my brain with stuff to get ramped up to write some more -- Feb 1 I start writing every day again.

MOAR COAR. ALWAYS.

Sorry about Ms Rogue. Hope she is feeing better! I also hope you made pizza. :D

1 hour ago, raptron said:

Sorry about Ms Rogue. Hope she is feeing better! I also hope you made pizza. :D

Pretty sure it's the flu -- she has been in bed since Friday night. I asked if she wanted me to stay home with her today, but she said she intends to be asleep all day. I did make pizza and she had a piece! It was pretty good. :) I am taking every precaution I can not to get sick -- washing my hands & using hand sanitizer every time I pick up her tea mug or deliver medicine -- but then I'm also sleeping in the bed next to a sick person, so that's gonna be what it's gonna be. (I was going to ask my doctor for a flu shot, but my physical got canceled due to weather a couple of weeks ago.)

1 hour ago, raptron said:

MOAR COAR. ALWAYS.

I *will* have time for a gym break this afternoon. Today's scheduled for suspension/bodyweight. I'm going to pick out a tougher core exercise and see how it goes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

I *will* have time for a gym break this afternoon. Today's scheduled for suspension/bodyweight. I'm going to pick out a tougher core exercise and see how it goes.

Gym has been accomplished. I have made my leg exercise easier -- went from one-leg assisted squats to regular two-leg; with the suspension strap I find I can go a little deeper more confidently. I did V-ups for my core move; a lot of our kickboxing classes have some variant on this one so it'll probably help get me there. I think I need to make my chest press move a little harder by trying a different angle or something.

It is getting warmer, so I'm planning what kinds of workouts to try this spring in the backyard gym (which still needs monkey bars).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cataleya said:

Dude the flu has been destroying everyone and everything this year. So gross. I hope she gets well soon.

She was sitting up and talking this morning! That's actually progress...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Asa Pond said:

I just read the word pizza about 5 times and it made me go put a frozen (healthy-type) one in the oven. You're doing good things for the pizza industry. :lol:

Next time you're in Atlanta, I'll make you my homemade. ;) also: HEY, PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA

Okay, I really don't realistically have time for a gym break today with all the stuff going on at work, but I'm taking one anyway. Rowing day: still have not found a way to make it fun, still gonna do it.

• Like 1

Sooooo, I promised myself that I'd write 500 words a day this month -- and here it is, this month. I'm going to try to dive back in starting on my lunch break today.

Afternoon gym break is planned, if I can swing it.

Kickboxing class done! I still need to write and meditate today, but that's four workouts this week.

I came up short on workouts one week, but on average I come out ahead for the challenge. 

I'm going to try to be a little more engaged on the forums next challenge! I've been pretty distracted lately and I miss the banter. :)

• Like 1

Hey amigos --

I was struck down by a nasty virus this week. Tuesday I was literally as sick as I can remember being for years, and after caring for Ms Rogue's flu, I thought I was settling in for a week mostly unconscious on the couch. So then yesterday, I felt about 50% better, and today I'm back at work.

I've been debating going to the gym this afternoon, and I would like to at least get some light cardio in, but I think instead I'm going to err on the side of caution and just go for a walk break in a few minutes.

Tomorrow I've got a vacation day scheduled to do some writing (being sick broke my short writing streak -- I couldn't even look at a computer screen for two days) and we have a contractor coming to the house to do some minor but needed repairs since I"m home.

Today I got the proofs back for a book chapter I forgot I'd written, which is always pretty neat.

Time to think about next challenge soon.

The plumber stood me up today (he "must have written it down on, um..."), but I'm choosing not to be annoyed and instead revel in the privilege of having a day off to take a morning nap and spend the afternoon writing. 

I haven't decided whether I feel well enough to do kickboxing class tomorrow. I'm giving it 50/50; I'm realizing today that my head's still a little spinny so I'll decide in the morning. If I had known I didn't have to be here for the plumber today, I'd have given myself an extra sick day yesterday and gone back to work today. Oh well. No big deal. 

It's a pretty nice day, so I'll try to get out for half an hour's walk after I finish my writing quota today.

15 hours ago, Cataleya said:

Are you feeling any better?

I am about 85%! I think my head has almost stopped that swimmy dizzy feeling for the first time in a week. 

I'm grumbly and cranky about not working out, but I think today is still too soon. I'm planning to go back to the gym Wednesday afternoon.

• Like 1