• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RogueLibrarian

RogueLibrarian: there is no try

12 hours ago, Asa Pond said:

Hey! So I know it's warm now, but just in case it snows again this is some good advice:

Oh, gosh, how this takes me back -- and then them Duke boys would zoom by, being chased by Boss Hogg....

• Like 2

Monday afternoon workout accomplished -- I mostly did weight machines today, which I pretty much only do when I feel (mentally) lazy and don't want to think about what I'm doing.

Logically, tomorrow should be a rest day, then rowing and cardio/running later in the week, then kickboxing on Saturday as usual. Let's see how that goes!

• Like 2

On 1/19/2018 at 4:51 AM, Mad Hatter said:

I wish we'd get snow days...

Oh, man, not me, I am 100% done with snow days after living in MN for many many years.  

On 1/20/2018 at 1:29 PM, RogueLibrarian said:

Yeah, I know, I know -- sweatpants days are great. But being stuck home alone and not being able to go out and do anything wasn't great. :) I had a good conference day. Got involved in some new stuff, saw a friend, met a couple of new people, and got some really nice compliments on my work. I sat in on a committee meeting about a scholarship raffle fundraiser for new librarians/LIS students to get them funds to attend their first conferences, and I contributed a copy of my book and got my tattoo artist to donate a tattoo gift certificate as prizes.

I went to kickboxing this morning -- so I'll only get two workouts in this week. Back to a normal schedule next week. (It's 62F today, btw, and will be 64 tomorrow.)

Have meditated every day (still need to do so today). I have lost a couple of pounds of post-holiday weight. 

Yay! Glad you got to get out of the house and the conference went well.  Also, I'm behind, but happy NF-versary!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, traaki said:

Oh, man, not me, I am 100% done with snow days after living in MN for many many years.  

I don't mind the snow here, I just want time off whenever it is snowing. :P 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

That's totally fair. Seems like the more snow a place gets, the fewer snow days. :)

41 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

33 minutes ago, traaki said:

That's totally fair. Seems like the more snow a place gets, the fewer snow days. :)

I probably said this earlier, but there was a legit snowstorm (by Georgia standards) a few years ago, lots of workplaces didn't close, and people (including my wife) got stuck in traffic for literally eight hours. Since then the city's been a little more cautious and we generally close down when we need to.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, traaki said:

Pretty much. I understand the why, but it’d be sweet to get a month or two off every month ;) 

On the flip side, I think we should get heat days whenever it’s over 25 degrees. The 1-2 days a year that happens here. Surely that’s fair? :P 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Cataleya said:

I remember seeing that on the news. There were kids essentially trapped on school buses. What a mess.

Every time I think of it, I just think about needing to pee.

I think I'm going to get out for a rest-day walk break this afternoon since it's (cool but) sunny. Lunch is zucchini & rice casserole that I made a couple of days ago, and I'm making spinach and beans for dinner tonight.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RogueLibrarian said:

zucchini & rice casserole

This sounds delicious! 

20 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

I probably said this earlier, but there was a legit snowstorm (by Georgia standards) a few years ago, lots of workplaces didn't close, and people (including my wife) got stuck in traffic for literally eight hours. Since then the city's been a little more cautious and we generally close down when we need to.

egads. Eight hours. :o

5 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

On the flip side, I think we should get heat days whenever it’s over 25 degrees. The 1-2 days a year that happens here. Surely that’s fair? :P 

Haha! I think you deserve it since it only happens sometimes. :D

24 minutes ago, traaki said:

This sounds delicious! 

Super easy. Cook some chopped zucchini in a skillet with a little onion and garlic, mix with leftover rice (I always have leftover rice in the fridge) and a can of beans, put in a casserole dish, top with crushed taco shell, bake for half an hour, serve with salsa. Honestly, almost everything I cook starts with "cook in a skillet with garlic and onion."

I have decided that it's time to get back to writing now that I've had a break from it: next month's challenge is going to have a "write every day" component.

• Like 2

Okay, I was about to write a post grumbling that I can't get to the gym this afternoon, but I think instead I'm going to try really hard to fit it in between meetings. It's going to be a tight fit, but I think I can do it, I'll feel better if I do, and my next afternoon appointment is just an event I need to show up for, not an actual meeting. Here we go.

tumblr_ozpur5PChv1toamj8o1_500.gif

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

NOOOOO

Can you do something at home?

Ehhh, maybe, but I have stuff to do like cook and clean that will make it less likely. I'll still hit my 3 workout target this week; I'm just trying to stretch to 4.

3 minutes ago, raptron said:

THE MISSING SHORTS, OH NOOO. 

My gym is WAY HUNG UP about naked workouts

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

But but I though the US was the land of freedom and liberty?

No, no, we only like freedoms that have nothing to do with human bodies. 

• Like 4