Hi there! 

Short intro : 

I'm Alex! I'm 27 and I'm an Entrepreneur from Montreal Canada (French is my native language if you ever want to practice your french!) . I've been working my ass off for the past few years, growing my companies, but I've been neglected my health. I love what i do for a living, and i am passionate about it. In my mind, i havent been ''working'' a single day in the past 5 years. I just wake up, and do what I love : building companies and project. I work in tech with AI, recycle furs for animal shelter, I have a construction company to built things that last, real estate projects, ecommerces, and more. I really enjoy it. 

I used to be a problem drinker, a smoker, and a drug addict. I quit alcool and drugs 5 months ago, and smoking 2 months ago, so I'm in a good path to a heathy lifestyle! So now, i need to get in shape. I already lost a couple pounds by been sober, I eat relatively healthy, and I train regulary. I use to train a lot when i was in university, mostly gym trainning, running outside, and Brezilian Jujitsu (Bjj). I then broke my knee, and its been harder since. For a whole year, i coulnt do anything, so i started companies after companies, driving everywhere and eating junk food. I gained 60 pounds. I didn't really do anything physically for a couple years, drank way more then i should, and did a shit load of drugs. Then I stoped, for myself and my health, and i'm not going to do it again. 

So anyways, I'm not a beggener at trainning. I used to eat a lot (but train a lot) so i need to eat less. I do eat healthy tho, just way too much. As an entrepreneur, I did a lot of personnal developpement, and pushing myself out of my confort zone is a daily thing. I have tons of projects, and I do realise a lot of things in a month or a year, but i want to set up more goals, and thought that nerd fitness would be a good way to do that. 

I have a ton of quests to do, so i need to list them, prioritise, and segment into smaller quests... looks similar to agile in software dev, so it should be doable ;)  

I'm not familiar with the website, and forums, an all of that, so, I would like your opinions on where to start my journey! I use to work with to do list (at work) (quests seems similar) and daily journaling (with my sobriety), so i would like to do something similar! 

Any thoughts or advices on the subject? 

Have a good day, 

-Alex

Welcome!! If you like to to do lists and journaling, I would suggest heading over to the Level one challenge board and having a chat with @Hazard about turning your quests into smart goals to start your journey!!  The challenge forums are a great place to talk about your process, vent your frustrations, celebrate your victories, and make small changes that turn into big things over time.  They are great for accountability too because people can read your posts.

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

Hey NotMattDamon,

I'm also a former drug user, drinker and smoker.  I stopped about 2 years ago and took up regular exercise, lost some unhealthy weight and completed an Ironman in March.

What really helped was the ketogenic diet.  I noticed your problem is eating too much - even though you might be eating the right foods.  Well with the keto diet, you're eating ,most of your calories as healthy fats, so it's very filling so overeating is a lot harder.  You should try it.