• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Blethan

Snow White and the Seven Things To-Do

Happy New Year Everyone! 

As I'm sure many of us are, I'm back after a hectic, wild, incredibly fun holiday, and ready to get my life back together.

I thought I'd have Disney themes for my challenges this year (I like themes, and games and Disney so, why not?)

So Blethan's Disney Adventure Part 1:

Snow White and the Seven Things To-Do

Monday = GRUMPY

Could there be better word for Mondays? 

To combat the grumpiness I will do 30 mins of Yoga. Ahhhh... grumps will float away

Tuesday = SNEEZY

Acchhoooo... its cold out, but that's no excuse to not go for a 15 mins walk. Anywhere near forests is preferable, but look out for the wolves!

Wednesday = BASHFUL

Spend some time on the NF forum! Supporting fellow NFers, and snooping on their ideas. Put aside 30 mins to be well... more sociable!

Thursday = SLEEPY

Probably my true spirit animal...

Spend some time pampering me, nice smellies, burn some candles, take 5 mins to just chill and get a good nights sleep!

Friday = DOPEY

Be a bit dopey; take some time to watch a movie or play some video games or read a book. Anything that doesn't involve work!

Saturday = HAPPY

What could make you happier than trying something new! Find something I'd love to do but haven't got round to and DO IT! 

Sunday = DOC

What's the Doc ordered? Vegetable with every meal this day! Yepp, every one. 

So yeh, this challenge is a little off the wall, but I think it'll be fun. I'll be tracking my progress here and in my bullet journal.

So what's my measurements for success?

1 Point for everyday completed, setting a goal to be beat for further months. 

Well this is more of a habit training test, my aim is to try and stick to my plan. I'll be respawning my NF academy journey too, so this is more of a side quest to go with it.

• Like 4

Hi Blethan, welcome back!

A different goal each day is an interesting approach. I'm looking forward to seeing how it works out for you. :)

Good luck!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

Hi Blethan, welcome back!

A different goal each day is an interesting approach. I'm looking forward to seeing how it works out for you. :)

Good luck!

Hey!

Yeah its a bit different to the normal approach, but I thought this might work for me. Having a few days being more focused on relaxing rather than everyday being full-on workouts and strict eating is nice too. Ease myself into the new year. As much as I like going full speed ahead when I get the motivation, I find that approach wears thin REALLY quickly!

• Like 2

Quick Update:

Today’s tasks were a nice one. Relaxing, using up all those yummy smellies I got for Christmas, nice healthy fajitas for tea, now to relax with some wrestling and crochet. 

• Like 2

Quick Update:

Today’s tasks were a nice one. Relaxing, using up all those yummy smellies I got for Christmas, nice healthy fajitas for tea, now to relax with some wrestling and crochet. 

Love your goals, but something else catched my attention... What are you crocheting?
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Diadhuit said:
On 04/01/2018 at 9:09 PM, Blethan said:
Quick Update:

Love your goals, but something else catched my attention... What are you crocheting?

Thanks!

Also, I'm making a small tote made of plarn (where you cut up old plastic bags and use them as yarn). Its something I like to do sort of in between projects, or when I'm a bit skint and can't afford wool XD... it is sad days when you can't afford wool.

• Like 2

Update:

Kept it healthy today with overnight oats and chia, chicken salad and a burger for tea (whole meal bun and ditched chips for a salad, so better choices made at least).

I definitely got 'Dopey’ goal done today. I came in from work and after a bit of tidying up I kicked back with video games and lots of drawing. Now just got to think of something new to try tomorrow... I'm struggling a little, any suggestions? 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Blethan said:

Update:

Kept it healthy today with overnight oats and chia, chicken salad and a burger for tea (whole meal bun and ditched chips for a salad, so better choices made at least).

I definitely got 'Dopey’ goal done today. I came in from work and after a bit of tidying up I kicked back with video games and lots of drawing. Now just got to think of something new to try tomorrow... I'm struggling a little, any suggestions? 

Maybe Try a different type of drawing, have you ever practiced drawing caricatures? Or nature? Or hands?!? Something your not used to drawing. 

Or cook something you've never made before.  

• Like 2

On 06/01/2018 at 12:26 AM, Butternut said:

Maybe Try a different type of drawing, have you ever practiced drawing caricatures? Or nature? Or hands?!? Something your not used to drawing. 

Or cook something you've never made before.  

That's a really good idea! I'm gunna keep that in mind. I'd love to draw some landscapes (I usually draw people, animals etc.) but always adore scenes and landscapes. 

Oddly enough a mate got hold of me and asked if I wanted to go looking for bats! Which is definitely something I haven’t done before. It turns out there’s an amazing place to go walk about 20 mins drive from where I live, and there are these old pill boxes from WW2 and these tiny bats hibernate inside. They were adorable. It was pretty freaky in these little dark places and we tried not to disturb them, but they didn't even notice us XD 

It was really fun and managed to get in 12,000 steps!

• Like 2

Update:

Veggies with every meal today, done!

I had omelette with pepper, onions and mushrooms for breakfast, I did have broccoli soup prepped for lunch, but kind of forgot to eat lunch... then I had roast pork with veggies for tea. 

• Like 2

Update:

Grumpy Mondays -

Did water series A from the NF Yoga sessions. I didn't want to, as I got in from work sat around while a bunch of random people viewed my house (we're moving soon), but I definitely feel better for doing it! 

Ate well today too; protein pancakes for breakfast, broccoli soup for lunch, and stir fry with zoodles for tea.

• Like 2

Update:

Tuesday I did not go for a walk, but I made up for it Wednesday, making sure I went for a walk in my lunch break and after work (got 9,300 steps woo!) 

Wednesday I didn't manage to get on the forum, but I did make my introductions on the NF academy facebook group.

Thursday - just about got my pamper session in XD I've just been so busy this week its been insane. Work is mental and I've spent most my time after work working on things to progress my career. I'm pushing myself a lot at the moment... But I did put on a face-mask... in between scanning pages. 

• Like 2

Update.

Definitely did my new things Saturday, went to a club full of ball-pits XD very fun, and I'd say it burnt off a few extra calories. 

I suppose I did have vegetables with my meals (bacon and avocado for breakfast) but I don't think they are quite so good for you when they come in the form of a takeaway Chinese XD

• Like 2

Update:

Grumpy Monday yoga session DONE.

Tried out Water Series B. Love it! It a challenge without making me feel over exerted (which puts me off exercise on a Monday when I'm already feeling tired). 

• Like 1

Update:
Tuesday

Went for a walk in my lunch. Its the only time of the day there's any sun! Unfortunately I'm often so busy that a 'lunch break’ is almost impossible. I usually end up scoffing my lunch at my desk, and maybe watching a short online tutorial. But that's about it. 

Wednesday

Yeh I've been hanging around the boards, and introducing myself in the Juice Bar XD Yepp, bothering everyone... sorry!

Tomorrow is Pamper session. But I will probably end up doing a kind of half pamper, half portfolio work thing again. Least I have a nice quiet weekend ahead!

Update:

Thursday

As expected I managed to fit in a bit of pampering around work.

Friday

I came home early on Friday, after feeling really unwell at work. So I slept most of the afternoon.

Saturday

I tried something new... by applying to a a job XO

Sunday

I woke up super late (again I haven't been too well, so I've been sleeping like a mofo). But for lunch I had omelette with veggies and for dinner I had roast beef joint and veggies. 

• Like 1