• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ayemdar

Ayemdar's Beginning

Hey everybody! I'm Lindsey, but my character is Ayemdar :P

Quick introduction: I am a 21 year old full time college student. I'm tired of being unhealthy and out of shape. I can't even walk up one flight of stairs without being very winded. Discipline is the hardest for me, so I really need to focus on sticking with the changes I make. I think this system will make it fun for me and hopefully working out can be my new hobby! When I was in high school I did power-lifting, and I absolutely LOVED lifting weights, so I'm excited to start lifting again! I also want  to do more outdoor activities. I took a back country camping class and the hike was so hard for me. I'd love to be able to do this again and be able to kick the hike's butt! :P I love camping, kayaking, and I want to get in shape so I can enjoy more of these activities.

Now for my hobbies, I am new to the world of D&D and enjoy video games. Skyrim is always a good go to game, and lately I've been playing a lot of Fortnite. I also enjoy arts and crafts and I like to color and doodle often!

My main quest is to eat healthier and workout continually.

***Edit*** After hitting the gym last night,  I've realized that the body weight work out is too difficult, so I am changing it to a nutrition goal.

My goals for this challenge are:

1. I will work out at least 3x a week. 
  2. I will complete the beginner body weight work out 3x a week (with some modifications)  I will drink one less sugary drink a day (soda, juice, Gatorade, lemonade, etc)
  3. I will only eat out 3x a week. ( I eat fast food a lot on my way to and from school and work. :()
  4. I will spend time once every week to plan out all my assignments that are due in school for the following week. (Sundays)

• Like 1

Welcome! I understand the struggle. I spent a long time trying to balance school, work, and fitness. How is it going so far? (also following for support!)

Hey! Last night was my starting point, but I did make it to the gym last night and I brought my own lunch to training for my new job today. And I only drank water instead of buying a soda or other bad for me drink. My biggest win of the day was buying some veggies instead of chips to go with my sandwiches! (Although I did take a solid 5 minutes to convince myself to buy them. I still did it and they were really good and filling!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Ayemdar said:

***Edit*** After hitting the gym last night,  I've realized that the body weight work out is too difficult, so I am changing it to a nutrition goal.

Welcome and best of luck!! I totally agree, the BBW is not at all easy! I had a go the other day for the first time in ages, but it wasn't long before I'd had enough ;) It's a great idea to swap it out for a nutrition goal, and sugary drinks are definitely a challenge too!

Also yay for Skyrim! We're going to be awesome and strong like Lydia soon enough ;)

On 1/3/2018 at 8:40 PM, Ayemdar said:

Baby steps! Do what you can, modify what you can't :)  make it something to strive to be able to do...

Welcome to the rebellion! We're glad to have you 

Hi...do you prefer Lindsey or Ayemdar? Hmm

Hope Challenge has been going well for you.  I know I struggled with nutrition and workouts when I was studying...and eventually gave up trying (which is why I'm here years later).

On 1/5/2018 at 8:05 AM, Ayemdar said:

Hey! Last night was my starting point, but I did make it to the gym last night and I brought my own lunch to training for my new job today. And I only drank water instead of buying a soda or other bad for me drink. My biggest win of the day was buying some veggies instead of chips to go with my sandwiches! (Although I did take a solid 5 minutes to convince myself to buy them. I still did it and they were really good and filling!)

I just wanted to add I think this is totally amazing.  It doesn't matter how long it took you to do it, you did it!  And best of all, you actually ate the food rather than going and getting something else later ("I bought the healthy snack, now I can eat the unhealthy one right?")

Hope you've had a good first Challenge

~ Barbs