For real this time

Vian

It's been a long time since I joined a challenge. I'm sick, so not feeling too creative and clever right now, but I'd still like to join. I actually started on 12/31

Quest: Lose 80lbs (by the end of the year)

• Started 12/31 on The Whole30 and transitioning to Ketogenic diet on 1/6 while still following Whole30 rules as well
  • Do Bodyweight workouts 3x per week and Turbofire cardio workouts 3x per week (saturdays off). This one might have to wait until next week - I am very sick right now.

Quest: Keep the house clean!

• Do dishes daily

Quest: Pay down CC debt

• Focusing on one CC with the highest balance and interest rate first. Pay $100 extra per month.
  • Like 2

"When I can no more stir my soul to move, and life is but the ashes of a fire; When I can but remember that my heart once used to live and love, long and aspire - O be thou then the first, the one thou art; Be thou the calling before all answering love, and in me wake hope, fear, boundless desire." - George MacDonald

Thanks...I'm still battling an epic cold right now, so haven't really gotten started. I stuck to my Whole30 until thursday and then got Pho (sugar in the broth and rice noodles) and enjoyed every bite because there's nothing better than Pho when you're sick. Not really going to worry too much about diet and exercise until I'm well again... *sigh*

• Like 2

"When I can no more stir my soul to move, and life is but the ashes of a fire; When I can but remember that my heart once used to live and love, long and aspire - O be thou then the first, the one thou art; Be thou the calling before all answering love, and in me wake hope, fear, boundless desire." - George MacDonald

Cold is mostly done. Still coughing a little, but feel back to myself. I started Keto on monday, so today was day 5. So far it is easier and harder than I thought. Getting macros just right is a bit hard. I find myself inputting my food into MFP the day before to get my macros right, then eating what I planned out. It's easier in that I haven't had any cravings and I'm only hungry right before my next meal. I also haven't had many negative effects - a little irritable today, but that could entierly be because something at work frayed my last nerve. No temptation to cheat, no keto flu (yet). I have been getting some muscle cramps, but some extra magnesium and potassium should fix that.

• Like 1

Glad you are feeling better. You may already know this, but @Fonzico is going keto as well. Thought if you didn't know, you guys could cheer each other on.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Glad you are feeling better. You may already know this, but [mention=12658]Fonzico[/mention] is going keto as well. Thought if you didn't know, you guys could cheer each other on.
It's true, I am! I'm on... *counts* day 16 now.
Macros are tricky for sure - I'm doing the same; inputting all my food for the day ahead of time so I know it'll work out.

FWIW, I used to use MFP, but I've switched to Cronometer - MFP has a lot of bad data in it, and also you can set Cronometer to just count net carbs for you.
That being said, without subscribing to it, it's missing a lot of the fancy features that MFP comes with in the free version, so I am finding it a little annoying. But worth it for the increased accuracy, I think.

Good luck with your challenge!

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

Sorry, I've been terrible at updating this! Work has been super busy!

I'm doing great though. I've lost almost 14 pounds since 12/31 and no sign of keto flu or anything like that. Occasional muscle cramps, but I've been prone to those my whole life and have been supplementing mag and potassium for years, so I just take a little extra when I start getting muscle cramps.

I am loving keto so far. I don't feel deprived at all and all my coworkers are doing a "biggest loser" challenge and basically starving themselves and hungry and miserable, and I'm over here eating fathead pizza and salads with real full-fat dressing and cheese and coffee with heavy cream in it. They all can't believe I'm losing weight eating the way I am!

Have not been working out as I wanted to though, but I'm not that mad about it. I don't mind if I wait on that until the weather warms up.

As for my financial goal, that just got a whole lot easier! I randomly opened a piece of mail from my credit union that had been lying on my coffee table for like 2 weeks instead of just throwing it away (didn't look like a statement or anything important) and turns out it was a balance transfer offer. It contained these special checks that I can fill out to transfer the balance of a high interest credit card over to my CU credit card with 0% APR for 18 months and only a 3% transfer fee. SO I'm totally taking advantage of that! It will make it much easier to pay down that credit card when half of every payment isn't eaten up by interest charges!

• Like 1

Congrats on the weight loss. I had muscle cramps when I was low carb, and even a bit after. One thing that Kelly Starrett suggested which helped was to put a pinch of salt in my water, or add electrolyte. I've also heard low-carb people suggest chicken broth, because it is salty. I also drink coconut water, but I'm not sure if that is too many carbs for you

edit to add.: I love your signature quote!

• Thanks 1

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

9 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Congrats on the weight loss. I had muscle cramps when I was low carb, and even a bit after. One thing that Kelly Starrett suggested which helped was to put a pinch of salt in my water, or add electrolyte. I've also heard low-carb people suggest chicken broth, because it is salty. I also drink coconut water, but I'm not sure if that is too many carbs for you

edit to add.: I love your signature quote!

Electrolytes and salt are more for the Keto flu, which i haven't had. I also salt my food generously, lol. For muscle cramps, magnesium and potassium are more effective, and like I said, I've been prone to them my whole life, so no big deal. A few years ago I went through a bout with a chicken pox-like virus and had to take a round of prednisone, and after that I was having lots of anxiety and heart palpitations. I started taking magnesium and that helped some, but when I added potassium the palpitations went away. I just need to up my dose a little.

Coconut water is definitely too high in carbs, but I do love it.

I love that quote too. I originally found it in a book we read for a women's bible study group I was in, but I can't remember the name of it. I've held onto it ever since.

I am loving keto so far. I don't feel deprived at all and all my coworkers are doing a "biggest loser" challenge and basically starving themselves and hungry and miserable, and I'm over here eating fathead pizza and salads with real full-fat dressing and cheese and coffee with heavy cream in it. They all can't believe I'm losing weight eating the way I am!

*I* can't believe I'm losing weight eating the way I am! This way of eating is amazing and I love it.
I feel like I'm "cheating" when I make some ridiculously decadent meal, like the cauliflower gratin I had last night, or ANYTHING made with fathead dough.. But it all fits my macros!

Although, as I've heard said several times over at r/keto, you cheat to win, not to lose. So failing at your diet should not be considered cheating.
I feel like keto is general really is cheating though! It's like God mode for the game of fat loss.

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

12 hours ago, Vian said:

Electrolytes and salt are more for the Keto flu, which i haven't had. I also salt my food generously, lol. For muscle cramps, magnesium and potassium are more effective, and like I said, I've been prone to them my whole life, so no big deal. A few years ago I went through a bout with a chicken pox-like virus and had to take a round of prednisone, and after that I was having lots of anxiety and heart palpitations. I started taking magnesium and that helped some, but when I added potassium the palpitations went away. I just need to up my dose a little.

Coconut water is definitely too high in carbs, but I do love it.

I love that quote too. I originally found it in a book we read for a women's bible study group I was in, but I can't remember the name of it. I've held onto it ever since.

I take magnesium supplements too, so that may have helped my muscle cramps. 

Oh, and as for washing the dishes daily, I still haven't gotten to quite daily, but I am washing them way more often than I was, about every other day, which seems to work out pretty well actually.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vian said:

Oh, and as for washing the dishes daily, I still haven't gotten to quite daily, but I am washing them way more often than I was, about every other day, which seems to work out pretty well actually.

That's a win