• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WhiteGhost

The Arruvia Conspiracy - Beast Mode

7 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

these sound so divine. i didn't know what you meant by 1T flour. now i know

*wipes up drool

It is! We often use it as birthday cake for either of the boys, or myself.

Sorry, 1T = 1 Tablespoon (15ml) but glad you found out ;)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

*wipes up drool

Agreed. Saved for future experiments. ;)

• Like 3

12 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

*wipes up drool

4 hours ago, annyshay said:

Agreed. Saved for future experiments. ;)

Thirded :) I am planning to make these tomorrow so I will come back with pics/updates on how it turned out

12 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

It is! We often use it as birthday cake for either of the boys, or myself.

Sorry, 1T = 1 Tablespoon (15ml) but glad you found out ;)

Do they come out more cake-like and spongy or thick and heavy like traditional brownies?

• Like 2

On 2/2/2018 at 5:53 AM, WhiteGhost said:

Thirded :) I am planning to make these tomorrow so I will come back with pics/updates on how it turned out

Do they come out more cake-like and spongy or thick and heavy like traditional brownies?

*shucks*

More thick and heavy like traditional brownies. Nothing to make them rise. A bit sticky and that thin layer of crust on top. No need to add any other topping. I use a rectangle glass baking dish which is about 35cm x 22cm. Then the brownies are about 2-3cm high?

You might want to give Ghostlet a small piece to start off with. Having come out of hospital and been sick, his tummy might not be able to handle a lot of richness immediately. But when you put it in the fridge, it lasts.

The plate back left corner: I think I drizzled some chocolate over, but not necessary.

Edited by elizevdmerwe
deleted image
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

*shucks*

More thick and heavy like traditional brownies. Nothing to make them rise. A bit sticky and that thin layer of crust on top. No need to add any other topping. I use a rectangle glass baking dish which is about 35cm x 22cm. Then the brownies are about 2-3cm high?

You might want to give Ghostlet a small piece to start off with. Having come out of hospital and been sick, his tummy might not be able to handle a lot of richness immediately. But when you put it in the fridge, it lasts.

The plate back left corner: I think I drizzled some chocolate over, but not necessary.

5a740da2bcc09_23-Koekentee.thumb.jpg.f0f51b39d8f049de30cdf05afdc6572e.jpg

sooooo... when's your next dessert party? :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/2/2018 at 11:15 PM, CourtnieMarie said:

sooooo... when's your next dessert party? :D 

On 2/3/2018 at 12:41 PM, elizevdmerwe said:

My birthday, at the end of this year. Well close to the end :D

Well, that gives us plenty of time to get our tickets booked :D 

So this challenge didn't go as planned, and I don't feel that it went successfully at all. 

I had 7 objectives, of which 5 were fitness related.  I did only 1 ab workout and went on only 1 run.  I did better on the other 3 but it was still pretty ugly.  Upper and lower body workouts each got 4-5 during the challenge and mobility got maybe 2-3 more than that.  Overall it was a disaster.  A big part of this was being sick for more than half the challenge, but it was still a hot mess.  I need to get things back  in place for the next challenge

Objective 7 was attitude and once I got sick the first time this one went right out the window.  When Ghostlet (and then me) got sick the second time it was completely abandoned.  #Fail

Objective 6, on the other hand actually went better than planned. I ended up cooking more than once a week and was generally happy with the way things turned out.  I will post pictures of the brownies from @elizevdmerwe when I can get them uploaded and Ghostlet says they were pretty good.  I am not sure he really liked them that much, because he only had one and didn't ask for seconds.  More on that when I post the pic.  This one was the only highlight from a dismal challenge, but I am really loving cooking and am looking forward to keeping this one again next time around.

Overall ranking - Fail

Don't worry, though, I am not going to beat myself up about it.  It is what it is and what it is is over.  Time to get geared up for the next one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WhiteGhost watches the show from his position on the lighting show.  Although the show itself is entertaining enough, his primary objective is observing his mark, a large heavily muscled man sitting in the front row.  As the man watches the models strut up and down the runway, WhiteGhost carefully observes the man’s demeanor, and how he interacts with both the guests seated next to him but also the service staff.

Interrogation is one of WhiteGhost’s specialties, and he knows that there are two universal truths when it comes to getting information. First, the best source is a willing source and second, Fear Up is always the last approach.

As WhiteGhost recalls the two rules, his mind slips back to his training and he can picture his instructor as she repeats this mantra over and over again.  The memory brings a smile to his face as he recalls the scene.

As the show wraps up, WhiteGhost descends back down to the ground level and approaches his target. 

Taking advantage of the chaos as the guests begin to depart, WhiteGhost corners his prey as he attempts to get out of the aisle between the chairs and the stage

Good evening, sir,” WhiteGhost says flashing a grin “I’m a doing an expose of this event for Stacked.com and would like to ask you a few questions about how your feedback on the event

The man stops and eyes WhiteGhost suspiciously

“Stacked.com” he says slowly. "I’m not familiar with your publication

“Oh, I’m not surprised” replies WhiteGhost cheerfully.  We have just been acquired by the Huffington Post, though, so my article will appear in their new Wellness and Fitness section

WhiteGhost lowers his voice and leans in “This is still not public information, so please don’t tell anyone

After a quick nod, WhiteGhost continues “Clearly you are the most fit man in this building, what is your secret to getting so stacked?

WhiteGhsot continues to ask primarily fitness related questions and build up the man’s ego, but every third or fourth question he drops a leading question prepping him to talk more about his involvement in the acquisitions of the companies Blinky had on his hard drive.  No direct questions, but questions designed to touch on tangential topics: overseas travel, occupational success, and personal philosophy.

As the man is regaling WhiteGhost with his latest travel adventure, the man’s voice suddenly trails off.  He leans toward WhiteGhost, seeming to see him for the first time and his eyes narrow

“You look really familiar, where have I seen you before

“Oh, you have probably seen my Youtube Channel, I have… “ WhiteGhost starts but get cut off

“Wait a minute, I know you! You’re that guy spying on us from the alley the other night” the man growls

WhiteGhost glances around to see that the place is now deserted except for the two of them. 

As his eyes come back around to the man in front of him, he has just enough time to see a giant fist as it connects with his chin.

And then blackness

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Well, that gives us plenty of time to get our tickets booked :D 

Your welcome!

Poor Ghostlet!

42 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

And then blackness

Oh my...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Don't worry, though, I am not going to beat myself up about it.  It is what it is and what it is is over.  Time to get geared up for the next one.

Time to bounce back now that you are in good health. :D 

Those brownies sound SUPER CHOCOLATEY in the best of ways. Glad you are getting into a cooking groove. :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, raptron said:

Those brownies sound SUPER CHOCOLATEY in the best of ways. Glad you are getting into a cooking groove. :)

Boy howdy were they chocolatey! 

fW3ceg9.jpg

I don't think I made them right though :( 

They were super rich and but the sugar didn't dissolve so they came out really grainy, and I could taste the sugar.  Part of that could be because I have suddenly become super sensitive to sugar (among other things) because Ghostlet says they taste pretty normal.  He only had one for his birthday but has been using them as breakfast since then, so I guess he must like them well enough.  Mi Vieja is not eating sweets right now so I don't have anyone to give me another opinion.

10 hours ago, annyshay said:

Ooooh. Love the story. Time to fight back!!

Yep, coming up on fighting time.  The story is supposed to be like a companion to a video game and the story buildup has pretty much all happened.  From here on out (well maybe from the next one after this) it gets into the action.

New challenge is up

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

They were super rich and but the sugar didn't dissolve so they came out really grainy, and I could taste the sugar. 

You might not have beaten the mixture enough in between adding each egg. I should have mentioned that the beating helps to dissolve the sugar *sorry*. *shrug* some recipes work for some people, some don't. Glad he could at least enjoy some. I was worried that the richness might be too much for his tummy, having just gotten out of hospital.

Going to the new thread now.

• Like 2