Greetings Everyone,

I'm a new member here.  Was looking for additional motivation to keep moving and ran across the "Walk to Mordor" challenge.  I was thinking about something along these lines and decided to join the quest.  I'm a big fan of "The Hobbit" and "Lord of the Rings".  In the past, I started a "virtual walk" to see how far I could walk; but, lost interest after a while.  I'm hoping that having a group of people doing this quest will keep me interested and motivated to keep logging.  

A little about me:  I'm a "half-century" guy who loves the outdoors.  I'm on a quest to lose some weight (a lot actually) and get myself in better shape to keep going toward being a "full century" guy.  I use MapMyFitness for tracking some things such as bike rides and other outdoor activities that can benefit from the mapping features.  I'm getting back to using my FitBit to track everyday activity.  I also use an app on my phone to track other workouts (cardio & strength training).

• Like 1

Hi and welcome. As a half century plus a couple gal, I love seeing other people my age join the rebellion. @Sloth the Enduring  also rides bikes, and is almost a half century guy.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Welcome.@Elastigirl , whatever happened to the old fogies group?

I think it just died down. We could probably revive it. There are actually quite a few of us now. What was the name. Chronologically Blessed or something?

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Welcome, CoolDad! I call my father Dadman, and it sounds like you could be part of the Parents League: Grounding naughty children one ornery bugger at a time!

I'm only 35 years old, but due to my fitness level, feel like an octogenarian. With the quests I have planned for this year, I hope to actually feel 36 next year. Then I will bide my time, and eventually join you all in the Wise Old Owls' Club.

Truth, justice, &...TIGHTS!