• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Just typing this as a placeholder, and I will work on this more tomorrow (as I have a pretty empty day at work). This is a sub-group for those of us who like to train with heavy weapons: clubs, maces, etc. More to come...

1495742113thor-hammer-swing-disney-clipart-clip-art-.png

6035_Graphic_for_article_v2.png

Following .  I am gong to see if I can take a piece of rebar on my Hike tomorrow and play with that.  Flat Snaps and other sword strokes.  not a mace but should be fun.  I have to find more toys.  Also, not get arrested here for it lol.

1 minute ago, GregT. said:

Following .  I am gong to see if I can take a piece of rebar on my Hike tomorrow and play with that.  Flat Snaps and other sword strokes.  not a mace but should be fun.  I have to find more toys.  Also, not get arrested here for it lol.

Lol that is awesome! You have to post some pics of your weapons!

1 minute ago, brutalbears said:

Lol that is awesome! You have to post some pics of your weapons!

I wish I could, I am not living in my home country right now.  ut I will take pics of my Improvised stuff as I build it.  Man what have I committed too lol.  I start Heavy on Sunday, start working on OCR this year plus scuba/swimming and now this lol.  I love this place.

I'm following, you guys hi-jacking Wolfies thread made me interested.  I don't have any heavy toys yet, I do have a normal sledge hammer I could train with. 

1 minute ago, GregT. said:

I wish I could, I am not living in my home country right now.  ut I will take pics of my Improvised stuff as I build it.  Man what have I committed too lol.  I start Heavy on Sunday, start working on OCR this year plus scuba/swimming and now this lol.  I love this place.

Lol it will be fun. I am excited to see what you develop.

1 minute ago, Myrik said:

I'm following, you guys hi-jacking Wolfies thread made me interested.  I don't have any heavy toys yet, I do have a normal sledge hammer I could train with. 

sledgehammers are awesome, that is what I started with. Some people wrap them in blankets to make them a little more safe, but I just used mine as is.

3 minutes ago, Myrik said:

I do have a normal sledge hammer I could train with.

9 or 12 lb would work.  One of the strength excercises with the hammer is hold your arm, either one out in front of you straight arm.  Hold the handle of the hammer as low as you can with a full grip and then bend you wrist backward slowly and try to touch your nose with the hammer head.  Then flex it forward until it is parallel to the floor.  rinse and repeat for each hand.  we used to do this one to loosen up before pounding ingots.

9 or 12 lb would work.  One of the strength excercises with the hammer is hold your arm, either one out in front of you straight arm.  Hold the handle of the hammer as low as you can with a full grip and then bend you wrist backward slowly and try to touch your nose with the hammer head.  Then flex it forward until it is parallel to the floor.  rinse and repeat for each hand.  we used to do this one to loosen up before pounding ingots.

Nice. I had a little 10 pound mace that surprisingly kicked my ass...those barbian squats still haunt me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Myrik said:

can see what you are trying to say but i would worry about smashing my face with my current sldge hammer.

lol.  It is like playing chicken with yourself lol.  You can also do it by holding so it passes your head and goes toward the shoulder of the hand holding it.  You will get where you can do it confidently in front of your face.  

• Like 3

is there any free sites that show movements that i can start with?? 

I do Shovelglove www.shovelglove.com . I started with a 10# hammer and worked my way up to a 16#. You could also get a big tire and smack it for a while.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, brutalbears said:

Just finished a mace workout in the 12 degree garage.

3c7ecfde519b4bab460958807c639fe1.jpg

Like a true Viking! 

• Like 1

I pulled a few resources that might be good for someone starting with maces:

https://www.marksdailyapple.com/mace-training-workout/

https://www.artofmanliness.com/2013/04/23/train-like-an-ancient-hindu-warrior-the-steel-mace-workout/

https://barbend.com/surprising-benefits-club-training-strength/

I also fully edited and made awesome the first post, and I put these articles on the end...just to accidentally click on one and be sent to that page...losing all progress....

• Like 1

On 1/4/2018 at 4:05 PM, Myrik said:

On 1/4/2018 at 4:37 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

I do Shovelglove www.shovelglove.com . I started with a 10# hammer and worked my way up to a 16#. You could also get a big tire and smack it for a while.

I'm following this to enhance my Extreme Jealousy mode - my favorite workout tools are my sledgehammer and an old tractor tire in my backyard, but I can't touch them until I fully recover from elbow surgery :( 

So if y'all don't mind I'm going to just hang out here and be a cheerleader for folks doing the things I wish I could be doing right now.  

• Like 2

I'm following this to enhance my Extreme Jealousy mode - my favorite workout tools are my sledgehammer and an old tractor tire in my backyard, but I can't touch them until I fully recover from elbow surgery  

So if y'all don't mind I'm going to just hang out here and be a cheerleader for folks doing the things I wish I could be doing right now.  

I completely understand. I love my mace, I've just got to be careful on my back. It taxes or harder than most workouts.

• Like 1