Any other Scadians on here?

Just wondered how many other folk on here are members of the SCA and how that impacts their fitness goals, etc?

I'll start.

Aonghus ill ulfr. Active in the Kingdom of Artemisia, Barony of Arn Hold.

I spend most of my time doing A&S stuff based around research into everyday life in the viking age, specifically the Norse territories in the Hebrides. (Hiking, woodworking, brewing, leatherwork, cooking and general research.)

Just recently getting into heavy fighting after some time out with injuries and such I had to heal from.

On 1/18/2018 at 1:47 PM, Rab397 said:

I have no idea what scadian is but it does sound interesting

tell me more?

Scadian is a person in  the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism).  SCA is an international organization that promotes the study and re-creation of the arts and sciences of the medieval periods from the fall of the Roman Empire to the wide spread use of gunpowder in warfare focusing predominantly within western European cultures.  Member gather on weekends to hold tournaments, wars and Arts & Sciences competitions.   SCA is a bit more serious than LARP (Live Action Role Play) but not as serious as Historic Re-enactment.

Level: 2 Celt Adventurer

Str: 3 Dex: 2 Sta: 2 Con: 4.25 Wis: 4.75 Cha: 4

Challenges: 1 / 2

Hello! I am Eva Hundsdotter, Squeaky Toy of the West! West Kingdom, Principality of the Mists, Shire of Teufelberg. One of the reasons I want to get into better shape is so that I can further my service to my kingdom. I am mostly involved in A&S (shield painting) and service (mostly being on court.)

halfling rogue ⋆ level 4

my challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6  my character  my quest

when it rains, look for rainbows; when it is dark, look for stars

On 3/20/2019 at 8:43 AM, squeakyvalkyrie said:

Hello! I am Eva Hundsdotter, Squeaky Toy of the West! West Kingdom, Principality of the Mists, Shire of Teufelberg. One of the reasons I want to get into better shape is so that I can further my service to my kingdom. I am mostly involved in A&S (shield painting) and service (mostly being on court.)

Glad to have you on here. I have a few friends out in that area.

What kind of shields do you tend to do?

I'm not yet a scadian, but interested in possibly becoming one.

I have family members who are very involved in Kingdom of Drachenwald, specifically in Nordmark. I had the pleasure of visiting them in the early 14th century during a family reunion vacation a little while ago. I enjoyed it very much and am now resolved to seek out the local barony, and see if I like the people there enough to sign up for the mead brewing classes. :)

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50

On 8/30/2019 at 1:36 PM, scalyfreak said:

I'm not yet a scadian, but interested in possibly becoming one.

I have family members who are very involved in Kingdom of Drachenwald, specifically in Nordmark. I had the pleasure of visiting them in the early 14th century during a family reunion vacation a little while ago. I enjoyed it very much and am now resolved to seek out the local barony, and see if I like the people there enough to sign up for the mead brewing classes. :)

Whereabouts are you? I might be able to link you up with a few folk. 

8 minutes ago, Aonghus said:

Whereabouts are you? I might be able to link you up with a few folk. 

Thank you for the offer, but I think I am set. Said barony has a very helpful website. :)

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50