• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mindrah

Mindrah's plan for the next four weeks of awesome

Hi!

Since I joined in 2016 I have always wanted to complete one of these challenges. It is this site that found first when I discovered Nerd Fitness, but then I found the academy and got into that a bit. A few respawns later and a few looks at this site and always feeling slightly overwhelmed (it's actually really easier than I thought once I got over it and looked into it!) and here I am! (Better late than never!)  So here we go...

Quests I am Working on for this Challenge

1) Complete 30 Days of Yoga 

This is me working towards the academy druid quests 'Complete a Monthly Yoga Habit' and 'Do 5-10 mins of yoga every hour for one day'

2) Meditate for 20 Minutes Everyday

This is me working towards the academy druid quests ' Complete a Month of Meditation,' 'Meditate for 30 minutes' and 'Try a Guided Meditation'

3) Complete Season 1 of Zombies, Run!

This means I must go for walks more often! I only have four to go so that means one walk a week!

4) Follow my Meal Plan

I started a 30 Day Keto challenge. I already have all the recipes and meal plans sorted, just need to follow them!

5) Complete one Photoshop Tutorial Every Week

I am in the process of teaching my self how to Photoshop so doing tutorials can help me pick up new tricks and tips that will help me on my journey!

Progress Tracking

To track my progress through this challenge I will:

1) Check in here at least once a week to report my progress (Sundays)

2) Create progress bars in Photoshop for visual representation!

3) Use my (attempt at a) bullet journal to track yoga, meditation and food things

I will go work on those progress bars now!

Bye!

Your goals for the month all seem totally doable. And congrats on stepping up and taking on joining the site and a Challenge. It's my first time too and I hesitated for so long. Don't know why...

Good luck with all of your challenges. I'll be working on the Zombies, Run! 5k program this month. Photoshop can be totally awesome so I hope you have fun with that all month : )

Thanks! Good luck with your challenge too! I love Zombies, Run! and I have downloaded the 5k program but I haven't planned to complete it just yet :D Maybe next challenge...

Week 1 Progress Update

Today is Sunday (for me) so here is my progress update!

I have been completing Yoga with Adrienne's 30 day TRUE program. Each session goes for around 20-30 minutes so it hasn't been too intense. She does love her downward dogs though and those are tough! 

image.png.4e3a595351bc60efc04bb253f1c011c8.png

I have complete 7/30 days (but this shows it as 1/4 because this challenge is actually 28 days :D just go with it!)

I have been using an app for guided meditation or doing one I know off by heart in my head. Sometimes the 20 minutes seems to go really quickly and I wish it were longer and sometimes it seems to take forever! I started off using Headspace but as I don't want to pay for a subscription, I did some more research and discovered an app called Insight Timer. It is not exactly perfect though, there are thousands of meditations all ranging from like 10 minutes to an hour so I have to kind of wade through them all to find one that I don't mind the topic and also that is the appropriate time length. 

I have completed 7/30 days

I discovered this ages ago so I have completed most of the season already. I did say I had four left so one walk per week but I have actually started going for extra walks or using it during my speed interval training so I have already completed 3 of the 4 missions!

3fourths.jpg.b89e3344113cced5e49026d78c896ee7.jpg

3/4 missions complete

4) Follow my Meal Plan

I started eating Keto and am following a 30 day plan. The food is surprisingly delicious and very simple to cook! I have always hated eggs but Cheesy Scrambled Eggs are to die for!

I have completed 7/30 days

My 'theme' for this year is Love and so I am probably going to make everyone think I started Valentine's day early but the first tutorial and probably the next few are based on hearts and lots of red. I should totally share it here!

I have completed 1/4 tutorials

Conclusion

So far so good but of course it is only week one and I got some good advice today, 'Be Patient, Change Will Come' so I'll keep working on it, one baby step at a time.

Bye!

• Like 1

Photoshop Tutorial 1/4

This is the first Photoshop tutorial I have completed this year and also for this challenge. I used one of my wedding photos and I really like how it turned out. 

In case you are interested, you can find this tutorial here

Love.jpg.8d8d660de51caa6ec4823a90962d7eee.jpg

Love is my theme for this year. I want to feel love (for others) and be loved. I will use love as a measure, is this something that brings me joy, that I love to do? Then I shall keep it. If it is not, than I shall either take steps to change it or remove it from my life. I just think the world, and myself, could use a little more love. Be the change!

Bye!

• Like 1

Hey @Mindrah! Welcome! I saw that you're doing the TRUE challenge with Adriene, as am I - there's actually a thread where those of us who are doing it can report on our progress:

Feel free to pop over if that would be useful to you!  :) 

Good luck with your challenge! You're doing great so far!!

Update!

Today I am celebrating my successes! It's weigh in day and I am down 4.9kg! I know a lot of this would be water retention but seems I"m not planning to start retaining water again I am ridiculously pleased about this!!! :D:D:D

So not only did I lose weight but today I also increased my run time from 4 minutes to 6! (I know some people might not be impressed by this but I am not a natural born runner and seems 30 seconds used to be hard for me, 6 minutes is awesome!) 

So I totally did what you should when you are celebrating and went on a 5km celebratory walk! The universe is celebrating with me too because it gave me a nice cool breeze to walk through instead of the usual heat :D

All the feels! Life is so awesome! 

Oh and by the way! Yesterday I completed Season 1 of Zombies, Run! This means 1/5 Quests completed!

Happy Dance Time! (Feel free to join in!)

5a558dd392c46_HappyDance.gif.f42e907c0bcce2e57a45eaade40d3d68.gif

• Like 1

Photoshop Tutorial 2 

I completed this weeks Photoshop tutorial. 

If you are interested you can find it here.

I had to source my own brushes so you can find the dots here (although I didn't use them) and the flowers here.

I didn't like this tutorial very much. I got to a point where it was hard to follow (as I didn't know how to do what it was asking) so I kind of improvised a lot... still, I think it turned out okay.

Hearts.thumb.jpg.66c66f253544a6c46798f71f83c0e147.jpg

Hi Mindrah, since you replied to my challenge post I thought I'd check yours out! Six minutes run sounds awesome to me, I got up to 90s run/ 2 mins walk on C25K before my foot let me down so I know what you mean about not being a natural born runner. It looks as though you are doing really well with your goals and I love your images. How do you do those coloured bars to track your progress?

Hi Purplegirl,

I made those coloured bars using Photoshop. They are just a picture I created and added to the post. You are welcome to use them too if you like. I'll post them here so you can save them. 

5a5c0196dc268_).jpg.c58098dfb20795ed6a601e6eabefac59.jpg

1fourth.jpg.8d5250732b0c1649f9314983e11d5f20.jpg

2fourths.jpg.1ab8e52ddc704f196af640e94551b20e.jpg

3fourths.jpg.8845b5c7088f807505b4e9d5a513b324.jpg

onehundredpercent.jpg.b42302d958a4d79cf7ff44e82eddc131.jpg

Progress Update!

I was supposed to update yesterday but came down with a high fever and a cough. Feeling much better this morning but I didn't have the energy to do my run intervals this morning but I did go for a walk instead. I think I am going to try and do my core day today and then try do the run intervals tomorrow. I'm going to be very sad if I fall behind my exercise plan by a week but I am keeping in mind that I have to be kind to my body and not push it too much.

So my quest progress!

2fourths.jpg.2f65bd2614594f2242b0c467ad1fbbe6.jpg

So far I have completed my yoga every day. Even yesterday, although the effort was not all there as it was a tough day and I was not well.

I found a guided meditation for healing so I have been using this. I think I might use it a few times today and then I can tick off the quest for meditating 3 times in one day.

onehundredpercent.jpg.2cf7ec0428d6da0098bdbf886525d14b.jpg

Completed! Was going to move on to Season 2 but it suggested I complete the races for a secret story that happens between the end of season 1 and season 2. They were a 5k, 10k and 20k and I finally finished them all today and then completed the first episode of Season 2. I only walked them which I strangely feel kind of guilty about but then it made me think about how people actually run 21k (half marathon) which then got me thinking about running 42k and I wonder if that is something I will ever be able to do.

4) Follow my Meal Plan

So far so good. This (3rd) week my plan introduces some fasting so I am not sure how that will go but I am happy to ignore the fasting bit if I need to this week seems I am sick and recovering. Well see how it goes.

2 down, 2 to go!

2 hours ago, Lateral Planet said:

Good on you on all your wins!! How did you go with the 20K mission? I reckon I'd have to set aside a whole afternoon and bring a mule loaded with water and snacks ;)

I totally broke it up! I like to think I am an awesome walker but I'm just not that good :nonchalance: I did two lots of 5k then 8k and finally finished with 2k this morning :nevreness:

1 hour ago, Mindrah said:

I totally broke it up! I like to think I am an awesome walker but I'm just not that good :nonchalance: I did two lots of 5k then 8k and finally finished with 2k this morning :nevreness:

Good strategy! It must take about four hours to do it all in one go and I just don't think I have that kind of endurance;) Your perseverance is awesome!

• Like 1

How are you feeling, @Mindrah? I haven't checked in for a while - did you give yourself some time to recover from that fever?

You're doing awesomely on your goals, by the way!!

The cough and fever turned out to be a chest infection which has totally hit me for a six and I am still recovering. Starting to work back into things but need to do some catch up!