• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DrFeelgood

DrFeelgood - Lean and Strong 2.0

5 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

Move went great!  I spent 90 minutes at the gym starting with a full and in-depth upper body warm-up (Antranik's video).  Then it was on to the bodyline drills:  plank for 1 minute (tough), side planks for 30 seconds each (tougher), reverse plank for 1 minute (impossible), hollow hold for 1 minute (ouch), and superman for 1 minute (ouchier).  I held them all except for the reverse plank, but even that I managed to do a couple of 20-second holds with a short rest.  Next up was skill work, so I did 5 minutes of wall-handstands and 3 minutes of parallel bar supports, alternating holds and rests as needed (many rests were needed).  Finally I was ready for strength work:  eccentric pull-ups were really painful but I managed to match my previous session; dips were similar, too; horizontal rows felt a bit stronger; push-ups graduated to the next progression and are feeling pretty good; barbell squats felt awesome!; and hanging leg raises brought the pain again to finish up.  It'll be slow-going, but I can see the potential for getting stronger--especially as I get leaner.  Hopefully the need to drop body weight for strength performance will be sufficient motivation to stay out of the fattening snacks.

Great workout!  Do you think you'll be able to maintain 90 minute gym sessions?   Could you have an abbreviated version ready to go in case time becomes an issue and tries to be an excuse?   Also, I'm really curious on the reverse planks.  I've never tried doing one.  

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:48 AM, Raxie said:

Wow that warm up looks super thorough! It makes my warm ups feel inadequate.  Yay for good days!

That video makes my shoulders and wrists feel super inadequate.  I'm not sure I'll ever be able to get them mobilized to that degree, but I'm going to do as much as I can.

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:39 PM, LadyShello said:

Great workout!  Do you think you'll be able to maintain 90 minute gym sessions?   Could you have an abbreviated version ready to go in case time becomes an issue and tries to be an excuse?   Also, I'm really curious on the reverse planks.  I've never tried doing one.  

Workout length is a big part of the reason I went back to just 2 days per week.  If I need to abbreviate then I'll omit the skill work, which should shave about 10 minutes.  If I'm really pressed for time then I'll just go home and do whatever bodyweight work I can manage in the living room. :)

Reverse planks are the debbil!  That probably just means I need to keep doing them. :D

W2D4 - 4 points.  Full marks for a solid day.  Wake was on time, Eat was on target, Move was as planned, and Sleep was on point.  Rocket League practice took a little longer than I planned, so I didn't do any reading, otherwise it was a fine day.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

W2D4 - 4 points.  Full marks for a solid day.  Wake was on time, Eat was on target, Move was as planned, and Sleep was on point.  Rocket League practice took a little longer than I planned, so I didn't do any reading, otherwise it was a fine day.

Thats the kinda thing I love to read.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DrFeelgood said:

Haven't done much fitness-wise since Thursday.  Trying to get back in the mode...

tumblr_ndvsz2IGQj1tjb4s9o3_400.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1