Dova...what?

farflight

Annnnd back. Didn't really go anywhere...but have been out of work for the past week due to inclement weather (ya school employee)....but still, cabin fever...

tumblr_oliwkgMdRy1rfd7lko1_500.gif

Did manage to get workouts in all week, but looking forward to work on monday...

Deload/regrouping weeks have been going well. Almost back to where I was prior to christmas holiday. 1/2 of christmas is down. Should be back to normal posting/checking in come monday (will spend some time reading up on how everyone else has been doing).

• Like 3

Fitbit username: farflight   (would love to have more people on there)

Getting life in order is a challenge worth doing.

Happiness is the journey, not the destination (took me forever to learn that)

Happy saturday folks. Good day thus far. No lifting, been working on network issues for awhile (past 45 minutes)

Ran my first 5k today. Ended up not dying. 

Since it was my first 5k, technically I set a PR. Didn't "win" anything or stuff like that except finishing. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7DvuOMkYdzAhVKpi2

Off to clean and keep moving so I don't cramp up. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Congrats on finishing your 1st 5k!!

Thank you...and love the Data :-D

Managed to hit stronglifts today...after the weekend, I've learned, 5k + 1 rest day ≠ fun squats....

I am finally starting to believe that I'm a 6'2 dwarf....

tumblr_okd9lzIMP11w2zojpo1_500.gif

Hit all my lifts

Heavy Armor

160 lb squat

85 lb shoulder press (bahamut still there)

230 lb deadlift

Speech

No new author

Am still being social/talking to folks, its weird...I'm starting to care about people...*shiver*

Breezehome

House is coming together (kitchen is cleaned)

Have a bag of crap ready to go to salvation army (old clothes that I haven't worn in 1+ years)

Exterior holiday is gone, interior will be gone this weekend

Had a fun experience with Skyrim last night. Took a break from my battlemage and have rolled a more thiefy character. Was sneaking through the forest and got the music "Sneak improved to..." and I was all like....

tumblr_nxx2boHWkg1rk2l45o1_500.gif

Annnnnnnnddd....back at work today!!!!

X4KYdOn.gif

image.png

image.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Deckard Gainz said:

Nice, I didn't know they issued receipts for running.

Yea, I kinda would like a refund....it actually makes sense, pretty easy way to get your results and such.

The scary thing, the "overall" winner (first to finish) had a time of like 17 min...that's just not right....

Well...this is kinda cool, with the whole "pics or it didn't happen"

https://racesonline.com/events/wolf-river-5k/results/2018/bib/719

I'm the big dude in the gray sweats/windbreaker , can't really see bib numbers. There is photo evidence!

• Like 2

Good morning, good morning....

tenor.gif?itemid=5406592

Not sure if it's the 6 hours of sleep or still recovery from saturday's 5k (how long should recovery take?), but stronglifts happened...barely. 

Everything was heavy, like way perceived heavy, or I could just be getting closer to what I was struggling with pre-christmas

Squat  165 lb

Bench 125 lb (had a failure on set 4, so rematch scheduled for monday. Took 3.5 minute breather and asked for a spotter on last set, got my last 5, bonus points for seeking help?)

Rows   120 lb (squeaked them out. Body english appears to be coming back, guessing that means I need to stick at this weight or pull the trigger on the trainer thing for form check/input on other things to do)

Apparently I cannot export the graphs without the "powerpack purchase." 

Have almost figured out my job at work again...always takes me a couple days to get back in the swing after a long break...

content_what_would_you_say_you_do_here.g

• Like 2

2 hours ago, farflight said:

bonus points for seeking help?

Definitely! I think that would be CHA +1?

2 hours ago, farflight said:

Have almost figured out my job at work again...always takes me a couple days to get back in the swing after a long break..

That was me coming back from my Christmas break.

(It also took 3 days before I managed an entire shift without ending up with any staples embedded in my fingertips. Would not recommend.)

• Like 1

We will never see the best version of ourselves inside our comfort zone

giphy.gif

The struggle was real this morning. Got lifts in, not all 5x5, and had a deadlift stall.

I seriously need to figure out what is going on with my sleep. Maybe add something, no switch after 915-930, gotta do something if it is the sleep thats affecting my gym mornings.

Today was:

170 squats (5x5, barely)

90 lb OHP (Bahamut from last challenge, 4/5/5/3/4)

235 DL (1x3 today, supposed to be 5)

Other than that, body is feeling good. I think my legs have finally recovered from last weeks 5k...not doing that again for a good while.

work is...well...work

ColorfulShamelessDipper-size_restricted.

District/Teacher being played by Clark

Special Education being represented by christmas lights

Me and co-workers being played by Russ

Otherwise, here are links to my stronglifts graphs if anyone has input, I'm always open to suggestions/insights

Barbell row progress

OHP progress

Deadlift progress

Benchpress progress

Squats progress

Good morning community!

pJZwr.gif

Had a good weekend, lots o carbs, lots....mmmmmmmmmmmmmonkey bread! and BRUUUNCH! I conquered lunch like a barbarian...got some weird looks when I was grunting at the egg station...mmmmm bacon eggs nommlette....

Back to the gym this morning....I had a budddy!

1e6d8bfb515b04c2ad092ed1f47337eb.gif

Was fun. It did increase the workout time, but sets were good. Had another failure on bench and had to back off on barbell rows due to "body english" (thanks @Grumble, now I'm like super tuned into that).

Squats were a full 5x5 set, so increasing to 180 wednesday, back to the pre-christmas weight...will see if I can do it!

Made an awesome chili last night...mmmm spicy. Also ordered a new bento box over the weekend (I'm stupid excited...god I'm old)

Also, had a blast stealth killing in Meridia's temple last night. Final encounter with the necro...went leroy jenkins on the first run....leather armored assassin build versus a necromancer and 5 corrupted spirits all weilding two handed weapons...didn't go well. Reloaded, played my character like I was supposed tooo...kWbTyC.gif

It actually got my heart going a little bit...1) does that count as cardio? 2) I didn't even take damage

• Like 3

4 hours ago, farflight said:

Also, had a blast stealth killing in Meridia's temple last night. Final encounter with the necro...went leroy jenkins on the first run....leather armored assassin build versus a necromancer and 5 corrupted spirits all weilding two handed weapons...didn't go well. Reloaded, played my character like I was supposed tooo..

I am on this quest as well but haven't attempted it yet! I haven't fired up Skyrim in probably over a week now but I may have to do this part soon so I can be on your level.

Stay awhile... we're liftin'

Haven't run the quest with my battle mage. Still going to have to figure out what to do with him...Running two dremora lords...makes me understand how a mage can run around with no armor, even dragons are afraid to land...

Might go back to him if the rogue starts slowing down (mage up to lvl 40ish and this assassin build is currently around 20s, its gotten easier since I got sneak up and have gotten a little more of a hang around sneaking...just hafta watch patrols a minute before running into battle))

What kinda character you building?

On the off chance you Skyrim fans have missed it... and if not, it's still a good song. :) 

Spoiler

Dovahkiin! Dovahkiin! Naal ok zin los vahriin.

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29

16 hours ago, farflight said:

Haven't run the quest with my battle mage. Still going to have to figure out what to do with him...Running two dremora lords...makes me understand how a mage can run around with no armor, even dragons are afraid to land...

Might go back to him if the rogue starts slowing down (mage up to lvl 40ish and this assassin build is currently around 20s, its gotten easier since I got sneak up and have gotten a little more of a hang around sneaking...just hafta watch patrols a minute before running into battle))

What kinda character you building?

I've got a thief archer around lvl 40-45. I pretty much just hide in the corner and plug people with arrows when they patrol into my view (I have basically no melee skill). At first it was a lot of me shooting 1-2 arrows and then running and screaming when they detected me, or letting my companion clean up while I licked my wounds, but since getting the hang of the play style (and getting better levels/gear), I've taken out entire caves without ever being detected.

I don't usually have a ton of time to play so I just run around the towns stealing stuff and crafting. I'm up to about 70,000 gold and I have no idea what to spend it on. I did go pretty deep into the Thieves' Guild story line, for the obvious reason that I'm a thief, but also because a lot of it takes place in towns and doesn't require a ton of travel. There were some REALLY fun quests that revolved around sneaking, stealing, lock picking, and all that good stuff. I've thoroughly enjoyed that arc. I think I'm nearly done with it now; just have to take out the Big Bad. 

Stay awhile... we're liftin'

@scalyfreak  thanks for the music vid...that was pretty sweet to be honest!

Not sure if I won/failed at dinner last night.

Went to a local burger joint (Hueys) with mother unit. Had 3/4 plate of nachos, 1/3 of her french fries, order of onion rings, sunshine burger (1/3 lb burger with bacon, fixin's, and a fried egg on top)....was pretty epic meal time, thank god I hit the gym in the morning and walked in the evening...

Today was a bust of a day. Had to leave work early to meet a repair guy on our washing machine...we've already gone about a week without one. Blown control board....bad news, 3-5 days for the part to come in before we can schedule the repair....good news-warranty covered repair! badder news-running low on gym clothes and I'm getting a little ripe...

yousmellfunnygif.gif

Tomorrow is slated for a stronglifts day...yippeee...and a back consultation...boooooo....

The problem I've noted recently is, primarily at work, when I sit for ~1 hr or more at my desk, I get bad lower back pain, and it hurts like hell to stand up (I'm fine 1-4 seconds after standing). Wondering if I should get a standing desk...need a prescription to hopefully get work to purchase one or use my FSA to pay for it.

Woo weights...

Walk done for the day, chili lined up for dinner, and skyrim!!! or Zelda...not sure which

85c.gif

About how the morning went at the YMCA.

Had a gym buddy again (YEA PARTY). Really slowed down the workout time, but still fun. It did encourage me to take full 3 minute breathers between sets, which I think really helped out on the harder lifts.

For memory sake, today was the following schedule:

squat  180 lbs (second highest I've ever been)

OHP 90 lbs ( @scalyfreak our Bahamut bastard)

Deadlift 235 lbs (miserable failures last attempted)

Got 5x5 on both squat and OHP, and the 1x5 on DL. Yea...now increase weight...

Overall...pretty happy, then buddy pointed out that I staggered my feet a little bit on my squats...so something to work on.

No real progress on other aspects of my challenge...got therapy this afternoon, we still have a christmas tree up in the damn living room. Sheesh, next challenge maybe

I am still working on Bahamut! We are in a sort of gridlock, since I have not continued to increase the weight, but I have seen considerable improvement in form, so it's still a partial victory.

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29

1 hour ago, farflight said:

OHP 90 lbs ( @scalyfreak our Bahamut bastard

Are you stuck here? I know this goes against the stronglifts grain, but try either doing push press with the same weight or doing some dumbbell press work. Arnolds, Postons, regular shoulder press. Anything like that  might help dealing with the sticking points.

25 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

I am still working on Bahamut! We are in a sort of gridlock, since I have not continued to increase the weight, but I have seen considerable improvement in form, so it's still a partial victory.

Good Form is good. Work on your form and the weight will eventually come.

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

On 1/31/2018 at 1:45 PM, Grumble said:

Are you stuck here?

Missed your comment the other day.

OHP has been a struggle since about 65-70 lbs. 

On Wednesday I did manage 5x5 of OHP. Next OHP will be 95...I love/hate the algorithm behind the app...its like GREAT! you got 5x5...now add moar!

Other update:

Didn't do sh!t this morning...because...well shit happened...didn't think 185lb squats would go well with gastrointestinal distress...so I ended up walking for 30 minutes just to get something done. Will be heading back to gym tonight and will see if colon behaves himself...

Other aspects of the challenge:

Speech is going well. Have been talking friends ears off. In kind of a stressful familial situation/crossroads, not sure what will happen in the future

Breezehome-well, the living areas are clean...thats about it. Christmas tree is still up, decorations are still up...its annoying

Iron therapist should help this evening

• Like 2

On 2/3/2018 at 7:41 AM, farflight said:

Other update:

Didn't do sh!t this morning...because...well shit happened...didn't think 185lb squats would go well with gastrointestinal distress...so I ended up walking for 30 minutes just to get something done. Will be heading back to gym tonight and will see if colon behaves himself...

Screenshot_20180205-203007.jpg

• Haha 1

Neutral Gargoyle Warrior with a dash of Ranger/Monk/Adventurer. Now LEVEL 9!  My Instagram

STR 78, CON 31, DEX 1, INT 21, WIS 13.5, CHA 4

Meet lifts: SQ 175kg, B 112.5kg, Dead 215kg.   Gym lifts: SQ 185kg, B 132.5kg, Dead 220kg

Nerd Stuff: Sci Fi TV, Sci Fi + Fantasy Books, Classic Space Lego, Warhammer 40K...

thanks @Blocky,glad I didn't see that that morning otherwise there woulda been a mess...

Update from Friday: Life/reality got in the way and no gym happened that night nor did it happen on Saturday (planted my ass on the couch and hit skyrim after making a wonderful brunch meal from scratch and then a huge glazed ham (11 lb ham for 6 bucks!) with roasted green beans with mayo.

Made it back to YMCA this morning. Got all my lifts

185 lb squat

125 lb bench (I'm calling it 5x5, last set I only rested about 2 min, hit wall on fifth rep, reracked (with help :( ), rested 45 seconds then got that fifth rep

120 lb barbell rows (I think I've been breathing wrong this whole time @Grumble, take big breath and bracing (like a squat almost) and I didn't have to use english to get the bar up)

Breezehome-christmas tree is finally down...on 2/4... >:-|  .....

Keeping on with the social supports...things are...rough not knowing what the future holds

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

FWIW, I have a friend that leaves her tree up year-round. She just changes out the ornaments. It is currently a Valentine's Day tree..

Mm-hmmm. A "friend". Riiight.

• Haha 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021