Hi all!

The names Mike. I'm a 28 years old student, nerd, husband, and am trying to get into shape again after many false starts! I work at an elementary school for an after school program, where I'm trying my best to turn as many kids as possible into nerds (I run 2 weekly D&D games with 3rd and 5th graders). I enjoy playing basketball but I haven't played in a few years. I am self conscious about joining a team of some kind while I'm so out of shape. 

Any advice for someone who goes strong for a week or two and then lets the stress of research papers and junk food get the best of him, would be very appreciated!

Main Goal:

Do the beginner body weight work out at least two times a week in order to build a foundation for my fitness.

Side Quests:

1) Do not go out for lunch during the week (when I'm sick of the healthy stuff we have at home)

2) Reset my horrible sleep schedule by waking up at 7:30 during the week.

3) Avoid looking at my phone in bed before I go to sleep.

Good luck everyone and nice to meet you!

• Like 2

Hi!

I'm trying to stick to good habits after some false starts as well. It's why I'm still doing the level one board! Heh, I still need to put an introduction on my thread. I keep remembering it's not there. Sigh. Next couple days.

ANYWAY I think it's cool you're running the D&D games with the kiddos :-)

As for sticking to it, I would suggest finding a group to play basketball with, even informally, but regularly. Or get yourself to a court, shoot a few, and get the feeling back of playing. That might be a way to stay motivated. Do you have any co-workers that would join a team with you? 

Be armed with easy go-to snacks and meals so you aren't left with nothing but the drive thru etc. Also get a feel for what places have healthy eats you can get quickly. Chipotle, El Pollo Loco have good options available.

Good luck!

I never realized how much D&D was still a thing...it's always interested me but never could find anyone IRL who played, but quite a few nerds I've seen on here in the last four years do!

But I digress...great goals, welcome to the rebellion! Other than sheer will how do you plan on reaching your goals? The more you plan for the inevitable the better prepared you are!

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 Part II

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

On 1/9/2018 at 1:22 PM, Beginner.Berserker said:

Unfortunately I seem to be pretty weak willed when it comes to my sleep schedule.

On 1/9/2018 at 1:36 PM, Laghail said:

Also the sleep goals, goddamn the sleep goals.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  

On 1/6/2018 at 12:18 PM, Beginner.Berserker said:

3) Avoid looking at my phone in bed before I go to sleep.

On 1/10/2018 at 2:36 AM, Laghail said:

Also the sleep goals, goddamn the sleep goals.

Damn sleep patterns not sorting themselves out.  I promised myself I was going to have my charger in the next room after we moved...but then discovered this place actually has decent walls and I can't hear it in the next room, and only power point in my room is next to the bed :dejection:

• Like 1

Level 1 Furbie (big, fuzzy, happy, says strange things)

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit (without device as yet :( ) | Duolingo

Start Weight (28/1/2018): 111 kg

Current Weight (28/1/2018): 111 kg

Goal Weight: 80 kg (31 kg to go)

Previous Challenges: 

Personal Blog: Coming Soon...hopefully...