• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Jarric

Jarric's Aramenté - Jarric visits the Rebels

Recommended Posts

On 02/02/2018 at 1:15 PM, Bean Sidhe said:

 

I get it. I have been having hte same struggle of late. Sometimes I am fine gettnig out of bed, but even today, it was just not happening. When I finally get up, this is generally what I think happens.

i-cant-get-out-of-bed-the-pillows-have-a

 

 

I do know they do, I have never used them. That might be worth a try too, but I also know my coordination isn't the best when I wake up and I would probably get mad too easily.

 

That does worry me. I have legitimately injured myself sleepwalking to turn off my alarm when it was the other side of the room, so there's always a chance I might injure my phone if I can't work the alarm code!

 

 

On 02/02/2018 at 1:53 PM, Starpuck said:

 

Oooh well thanks!  But the Crit Role has to be an extended thank you to @oramac who got ME into it.  So so glad he did.  I mean... I DM now because of that line of events!  How crazy is that?!

 

As for CR...

  Hide contents

I have not read up on Hexblades too much, but that is what Fjord is... and if I recall correctly, their patron is a bit ... less patron-y than other warlocks.    The Hexblade's gain their power from a pact made with a sentient weapon and if I caught the right snippet from Talks Machina once... Travis said, after having Craven Edge and the Sword of Cas, that just seemed right up his alley.   Now, the history of his sword, who it is, where it's been, who else has wielded it?   That will be interesting to see unfold.

 

 

Spoiler

Ah, ok. That's really really cool! Now I want to know even more about the sword (and what voice Matt has for it if it talks).

 

 

On 02/02/2018 at 4:07 PM, maegs said:

I'll definitely be watching! I try to see as much as I can live, but they can end up being on at weird times here with the time difference, so sometimes  I have to catch up later

coybig.jpg

 

Spoilered in case you haven't caught up yet:

Spoiler

Did you see that drop goal! I think my heart stopped for a second when he kicked that. #teamofus #shouldertoshoulder

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Challenge Wrap-Up

 

1 - Meal Prep - 15XP

Spoiler

Prep all 5 of my lunches for work every week. This can be by doing a huge batch on a Sunday and making it last, or by making a little extra each evening and taking it into work the next day. Scored out of 20 lunches.

 

Result: 18/20 = 90% = 13XP

 

This went really well by the numbers, and saved me a lot of money. I'll be continuing next challenge but with some slightly stricter ruling (leftover pizza should not count as taking food to work. Neither should gorging myself on free food at meetings. I need to remember that this is about good nutrition, not just saving money).

 

 

2 - HIIT - 10XP

Spoiler

I've signed up to try HIIT workouts for the first time, once per week starting Wednesday. Basically until now my gym programming has involved power lifting style gym work, but nothing to really get my heart rate up. I am running, but on separate days to my lifting. With my goal of going to OCRWC I need some work that's more specific to having to haul my body about whilst I'm worn out and my heart is racing. I don't know if this is the answer, but it's worth a try. Scored out of 4.

 

Result: 2/4 = 50% = 5XP

 

I did this for the first two weeks, and then overslept the following two. Plans to combat oversleeping for my workouts will also be part of my next challenge.

 

 

3 - Hang Out - 10XP

Spoiler

I have a pull up bar at home, and I plan to make use of it every day. This will improve my grip strength, help my core and back strength, and therefore should improve my climbing and my ability to get over obstacles. I have a set routine, and I'll report what I end up doing as I do it, but the main point is just to get on the bar for ~10 minutes every day. Scored out of 28.

 

Result: 20/28 = ~71.4% = 7XP

 

I had a rough week with this in week 3. Otherwise though I was hitting 5 or 6 pullup sessions per week, and I do feel like that's enough that I'll get some progress.

 

 

Level Up Your Life - Budget - 15XP

Spoiler

As a starting point for saving money this year, I'm setting myself a weekly budget of £50 to spend on leisure. This includes all food and drink out (but not groceries), beer, cinema tickets, entrance to any leisure activities, parking at leisure activities - you get the idea. Any coins of £5 notes left at the end of the week go into a jar, which I can crack open for fitness gear when I hit level 15. Every week should finish within this £50 budget. Scored out of 4.

 

Result: 2/4 = 50% = 7XP

 

Despite the score looking bad, I actually think this went fantastically well. In the past I've struggled to stick to an £80 budget, so the fact that I managed two weeks under £50 and the other two around £70 is not bad at all. In fact week 4 would have been within budget too, if I hadn't spend over £20 on pizza when I was too lazy to cook! This can stay for next challenge.

 

 

Other bits:

  • I've had a great time with the rebels, and in particular got some good advice on concentrating on my actual hunger rather than eating automatically (thanks @Bookish Badger) and on managing my sleeping (thanks @Bean Sidhe)!
  • I also learned how to pronounce @Bean Sidhe correctly, which is cool!
  • I managed to walk the slackline at my climbing gym for the first time this month. And the second time for that matter!
  • I've joined a second Pathfinder group and they're awesome!
  • The XP above gets me past half way to level 11 :) 
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jarric said:

Spoilered in case you haven't caught up yet:

  Hide contents

Did you see that drop goal! I think my heart stopped for a second when he kicked that. #teamofus #shouldertoshoulder

 

The crossfield kick a couple minutes before just about ended me - thought for sure the French would get the ball and finish the game!

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

23 hours ago, Jarric said:

Despite the score looking bad, I actually think this went fantastically well. In the past I've struggled to stick to an £80 budget, so the fact that I managed two weeks under £50 and the other two around £70 is not bad at all. In fact week 4 would have been within budget too, if I hadn't spend over £20 on pizza when I was too lazy to cook! This can stay for next challenge.

 

 

Other bits:

  • I've had a great time with the rebels, and in particular got some good advice on concentrating on my actual hunger rather than eating automatically (thanks @Bookish Badger) and on managing my sleeping (thanks @Bean Sidhe)!
  • I also learned how to pronounce @Bean Sidhe correctly, which is cool!
  • I managed to walk the slackline at my climbing gym for the first time this month. And the second time for that matter!
  • I've joined a second Pathfinder group and they're awesome!
  • The XP above gets me past half way to level 11 :) 

 

I am so glad that your challenge went so well. And I am glad I could help with the sleep thing. Is setting the alarm to a different noise or at a different time helping at all?

 

I fully admit, my name isn't easy to say (well, it is once you know what it is) but I have to admit, I kinda like having a name everyone goes "HUH?" at.

 

Have fun at your other games and I think its awesome you made it across the slackline. Thats on the list of "one days" for me. mostly due to lack of time for a gym... I hope you enjoyed your time here with the rebels. It was great to have you around

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/02/2018 at 9:15 PM, maegs said:

 

The crossfield kick a couple minutes before just about ended me - thought for sure the French would get the ball and finish the game!

 

 

I know, it was incredible! And I absolutely love that picture :lol:

 

 

On 07/02/2018 at 12:16 PM, Bean Sidhe said:

 

 

I am so glad that your challenge went so well. And I am glad I could help with the sleep thing. Is setting the alarm to a different noise or at a different time helping at all?

 

I fully admit, my name isn't easy to say (well, it is once you know what it is) but I have to admit, I kinda like having a name everyone goes "HUH?" at.

 

Have fun at your other games and I think its awesome you made it across the slackline. Thats on the list of "one days" for me. mostly due to lack of time for a gym... I hope you enjoyed your time here with the rebels. It was great to have you around

 

Mixing the time up seems to be helping a bit. Though the next stage is going from just waking up to actually getting my arse out of bed and to the gym! One thing at a time.

 

It's funny with usernames, most of the time it's not until someone posts a video of themselves saying their own username that you realise you've been saying it wrong!

 

The slackline is just a time thing - I was amazed at how quickly I got it once I committed to spending a few minutes on it every week.

 

I have definitely enjoyed being with the rebels, it was great to be here. I won't promise to keep up with everyone as I'm struggling with keeping up with anyone at the moment, but I'll always drop in when I can!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now