• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matrim_Cauthon

Here we go again V.2018.01

OK! so last challenge did not go so well and I am really late on this one, but ohwell... I am still helping someone remodel their place and I move out of town in a few days.  So this challenge is going to be really simple.

1)  Log in and update this challenge at least 2x-3x a week

2) Join a gym after I am moved and use it.

3) Stock kitchen with healthy foods. No snacks foods! No junk foods! (ok so maybe a couple things just in case :P )

4)  I will have a few days in the new apartment before I start the new job. So those wonderful craft beers and fine spirits are to be kept to a minimum if not 0.

5) I will investigate the park that will literally be in my back yard.

6) I shall make a schedule and adhere to it as best I can

7) This may be the most important goal... Make sure I get Internet access at the new place before I start work.

I should probably add in getting packed... you know minor thing you have to do when moving out of town.

• Like 2

You're not late! We just got an extra long challenge this time. :) Good luck with the packing and the moving and the rest of the chaos! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Matrim_Cauthon said:

3) Stock kitchen with healthy foods. No snacks foods! No junk foods! (ok so maybe a couple things just in case :P )

Environment is everything!

Congrats on your new apartment!

• Like 2

Hey Matrim! Never worry about being late to a challenge. Even if there's only one week left, if that's when it's time for you to start, get going. Better than wasting that week, right? The challenge periods are pretty arbitrary anyway. 

13 hours ago, Matrim_Cauthon said:

6) I shall make a schedule and adhere to it as best I can

What kinds of things are you scheduling? Exercise, meal plans, something else? A whole bunch of stuff? Just curious. 

Best of luck! 

So maybe I should have tried to post before this but all things consider this is pretty good.  

1)  Log in and update this challenge at least 2x-3x a week:  I suppose I better post again tomorrow or I wont make it for this week

2) Join a gym after I am moved and use it.  I found the gym just down the road and will be joining soon.  ITS HUGE! Or it is compared to the gyms I have normally been going.

3) Stock kitchen with healthy foods. No snacks foods! No junk foods! (ok so maybe a couple things just in case :P )  The kitchen is reasonably stocked.  I stuck with mostly unprocessed foods, meats, vegetables, fruit, some dairy.  I did also get some quick things for the times I am in a hurry especially in the beginning.

4)  I will have a few days in the new apartment before I start the new job. So those wonderful craft beers and fine spirits are to be kept to a minimum if not 0.  Ok so I may have splurged a little on my first day moved in but have behaved myself since.

5) I will investigate the park that will literally be in my back yard.  It's too cold to go do this.  Although I could probably do some looking around via satellite view and maybe find a website with some information about it. 

6) I shall make a schedule and adhere to it as best I can.  I have thought about it but haven't made it yet.  I am mostly wanting to schedule workout times and sleep but I may add in a few other things once I get going.

7) This may be the most important goal... Make sure I get Internet access at the new place before I start work.  This mission has been accomplished! 

Now off to finish dinner and continue unpacking!  I'm having some chicken on top a salad with sour cream I put a ranch seasoning pack in.  Much better for me than regular salad dressing.

• Like 1

First update for this week:

1:)  Well I failed last week but I'm going to give myself a pass on that since I got a stomach virus and... well I was busy with that.

2:) Success! And I even went once.

3) Still doing good.  Not perfect yet but its on its way.  As sort of an unmentioned side quest to this I have been doing rather good about logging everything into myfitnesspal 

4) Dry as a bone.  Even the diet soda intake has gone down.

5) Still too cold 

6) Still in the works as I see how the new job and everything pans out.  But so far I have been getting to sleep close to my desired time.

7) As mentioned previously this was a success.   

Goal 2 and 7 done.

I realize I'm not posting much here or posting on anyone else's challenge right now but if I actually keep this up to the end I think it will be a first.  Baby steps right?

• Like 1

Ok so I kinda missed posting like I wanted to. 

1)  Log in and update this challenge at least 2x-3x a week  Obviously this hasn't happened...

3) Stock kitchen with healthy foods. No snacks foods! No junk foods! (ok so maybe a couple things just in case :P )  Still doing good on this.  I do get some quick things for now and then when I dont have time but all in all I'm doing pretty decent.  So long as I keep it up till the end I will call it a success.

4)  I will have a few days in the new apartment before I start the new job. So those wonderful craft beers and fine spirits are to be kept to a minimum if not 0. These have all been kept to the weekend.  Unfortunately I'm in a new location and there are new beverages I haven't seen before.  In other words this is not the minimum I was intending lol.

5) I will investigate the park that will literally be in my back yard.  It's still cold.  But from what I have researched its mostly bike trails.  I'll call this done for now because its too cold to do anything with it.

6) I shall make a schedule and adhere to it as best I can.  Uhh... Kinda sorta...Ok maybe not.  This was really intended to make myself get to bed earlier but I still haven't done that for myself.

I'm actually posting towards the end of the challenge.  This is a first I think.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Matrim_Cauthon said:

1)  Log in and update this challenge at least 2x-3x a week  Obviously this hasn't happened...

I laughed out loud reading this.

4 hours ago, Matrim_Cauthon said:

I’m actually posting towards the end of the challenge.  This is a first I think.  

fuck-yeah-its-friday-glow-sticks-dance.g

On 1/31/2018 at 2:46 AM, Butternut said:

I laughed out loud reading this.

fuck-yeah-its-friday-glow-sticks-dance.g

I'm happy you got a laugh out of that lol!

Final day posting... yep never done this before! SOOO here is the run down.

1)  Log in and update this challenge at least 2x-3x a week.  again this didn't happen

2) Join a gym after I am moved and use it. DONE!

3) Stock kitchen with healthy foods. No snacks foods! No junk foods! (ok so maybe a couple things just in case :P ) Mission complete! perhaps not perfect but I'd say 80-90% I do have some macaroni and cheese.. I'll at least try and make it sorta healthy if it can be done :)

4)  I will have a few days in the new apartment before I start the new job. So those wonderful craft beers and fine spirits are to be kept to a minimum if not 0.  Sorta done.  I have kept any wonderful brews to the weekend only except once in this challenge.

5) I will investigate the park that will literally be in my back yard. This is on hold until the weather warms up.

6) I shall make a schedule and adhere to it as best I can.  Well I can't say this  happened.  This was specifically made to make me get more sleep.  I can not say I have done that completely but I am trying. 

7) This may be the most important goal... Make sure I get Internet access at the new place before I start work.  Done!

All in all this challenge didn't go as good as I wanted it to.  BUT the fact that I am posting on the last day is fricking amazing.  I really don't think I have posted at the end before.

As this challenge ends I have to think about the next.  I have been bad with these.. hell I have been bad taking care of myself but that is true for large portion of the population on Earth.  I can not allow myself to make bad choices unchecked. I must must change what I am doing.  I have gotten a little more sleep here and there during the challenge and I notice a difference.  When I do cook I generally cook things that are at least reasonably healthy.  I WILL NOT let bad decisions and a lifestyle of being sedentary be the end of me... I want to be old and shake a cane at those darn kids! :)

So for my next challenge ( possibly to be revised before it officially starts)

1) I shall find 2 people to follow on their challenge and post on their challenge at least 2x a week

2) I shall go to the gym 2-3x a week. Should I miss going I should do some sort of exercise to replace it.

3) Carbs should be under 100g per day.  Myfitnesspal will be used to track all intake of food... this will be hard as I do love starchy goodness.

4) On the days I am not at the gym or making up for not going I should do something.  Some pushups situps walking etc. If i can get 5-10 minutest out of myself every day it is a start.

5) post 2x-3x a week on my own challenge

6) Prep meals for the work week.  Any ideas are welcome here :)  

• Like 1