[RittenRemedy] Rock Bottom 2018

Okay, overly dramatized title aside, this isn't really rock bottom, but I want it to be the bottom for me.  So I'm making it so.

RIP Marks Daily Apple Forum!  It was a good, what, six years for me?  It really helped keep me sane in the army and my digestive health suddenly hitting the crapper (unfortunatly, less often in real life!).  Over the passed year, I hadn't posted much, and the forum was pretty much dead.  I hope the friends I made there continue to improve and maybe stumble over here.

Since I was here regularly, I got out of the army and moved to Washington state, started college, and moved again to North Carolina.  I loved Washington, well most of it, but I fell into the trap of healthy junk food.  After years of suffering with IBS and food intolerances, I just wanted to feel normal.  It didn't make me better, and while I hate North Carolina and every grocery shopping day is a stress of hunting for healthy choices that aren't spoiled, we have a little extra money that I can use to turn this restriction into an opportunity to do better.

I haven't done New Years resolutions in years because I think they're crap, but it was a good time.  I've got a messload.  Sticking to a regular cleaning schedule, acting like an adult (a put together one who flosses daily), cooking and being active daily.  It's a lot, and right now it's kind of a mess, but I know it's not too much to handle now while I wait for school to start again.  It's okay if I mess it up, because not being perfect won't make time go backwards.

Now for cuteness!  We have a big furry sleepy baby boy!

IMG_5018.JPG

IMG_5019.JPG

IMG_5020.JPG

IMG_5022.JPG

IMG_5024.JPG

LAST WEEKS MENU

Sunday:  crab cakes, salad, steak and fries

Monday:  leftover crab cakes eggs benny (I'm getting okay at these!), salad, seafood stew, potatoes and cabbage

Tuesday:  cod (terrible quality! Like a sponge!  Gross!), balsamic roast sweet potatoes, blueberry apple crisp

Wednesday:  salmon, rice, crunchy salad (with lime fish sauce dressing)

Thursday:  leftover salmon fried rice

Friday:  cheeseburgers and oven fries

Saturday is always leftover or dinner out day.

THIS WEEKS MENU

Sunday:  red shrimp chowder, crab cakes (getting good at these too!), potatoes, celeriac apple slaw

Monday:  tuna, rice, crunchy salad

Tuesday:  I'm recipe testing for Domestic Man's new cook-anthology:  Irish stew

Wednesday:  salmon, another recipe test:  champ

Thursday:  leftover lamb stew and champ pie

Friday:  salmon salad sandwiches and sweet potato fries