• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dragon_Lady

Fat Wars: Episode 0 The Dreaded Prequel

I'm rather late on this, and I know it. It's what, Jan 8th? ugh. I wanted to start Jan 1st but yay me caught the plague from someone and I have been nearly dead for 2 weeks.  Ok let me not start off being my normal grumpy dragon self, let me at least put some stats down and what I plan to accomplish.

Age in human years: 37

Weight: 299-303lbs (depending)

Human form height: 5'4"

Ideal human form weight: 135 lbs

What I want to accomplish in 2018:

So I know we're not supposed to put in "lose xlbs" or whatever so I'm going to do it opposite. There's a number I don't want to be by the end of 2018.

• Under 280lbs
  • Working out 2-3x a week
  • Learn html5
  • Learn CSS
  • Learn Javascript
  • Learn ____
  • Learn ____
  • Get another job (preferrably as a Jr Web Developer)
  • Be debt lowered by November (I has plan and realize I won't be debt free in a year, but, cc's can be gone...car will take many moons to be paid for)

That's actually a lot of stuff but for the first time, probably ever, I feel like I can actually do some of that. The learning bit for sure, just takes time. The under 280lbs part...I dunno.

I don't' really have any clue how to lose weight anymore. See, I've been all over Reddit, all over MFP, all over Mark's Daily Apple and blah and blah. Paleo will make you lose weight. Keto will make you lose weight. CICO will make you lose weight. Fasting will make you lose weight. All you have to do is workout heavy and eat lots and you will lose weight. 5 meals a day will make you lose weight. Hydroxycut will make you lose weight. Eating grass from your yard will make you lose weight. Getting your energy from the sun will make you lose weight.

Nothing will make me lose weight.

Except for...._________. That magical something that I have yet to discover. I more than likely, have to eat 1300 calories, and only when I'm starving. I also probably have to eat under 50g carbs daily. I also probably have to eat nothing but meat and vegetables. As much as it pains me, I'm going to have to go back to being paleo but very low calorie paleo. My body doesn't know how to run on anything more than that. Apparently I was built for starvation times. So as it is. So this is what I'm going to do, starting probably tomorrow (I need to go shopping today)

• 1400 calories (going to start here and just try to go under)
  • 50g carbs
  • Tues, Thurs, Sat/Fri Nerdfitness/Fitness Martial/Fitness Blender workouts
  • 1hr or more coding everyday but Saturday

Well, here I go. May the Force be with us all.

• Like 2

Yay!! welcome back!
I love your goals :)
One of my 2018 'secret' goals (ie not in the challenge yet) is to coach someone in front end. If you need any help (for example code review your code) please let me know. I might not be able to do it straight away, but I might :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/9/2018 at 2:14 AM, Diadhuit said:

Yay!! welcome back!
I love your goals :)
One of my 2018 'secret' goals (ie not in the challenge yet) is to coach someone in front end. If you need any help (for example code review your code) please let me know. I might not be able to do it straight away, but I might :)

Yes! I just finished a tiny project and man I have a loooong way to go. But I thank you and probably will be asking you for help lol.

• Like 2

Ok so the past 2 days I have had small but good victories. 

1. I passed on pancakes. TWICE.

2. I started eating a salad a day.

3. I hit 1500 in calories the entire week.

4. I worked on and finished a starter website.

GOOD STUFF!

I shall continue this trend, and hopefully since I'm hitting my food goals I'll start losing weight. Now that the plague is mostly gone (minus a cough that won't go away) I'll start doing workouts again, starting tomorrow. I decided since everybody says it takes food I'm going to wait before I spend $40 a month on a gym membership. I'll just do my beginner bodyweight and that other stuff I been doing and just jog around the house.

• Like 1

Man I'm having a bad day. Like, a really bad day. I worked out this morning and with this stupid cough I couldn't really get through it without stopping a lot to drink water and stop coughing. I couldn't keep my breath. I know it's shark week for me, and I know what that means and yet...I can't help depressing myself.  I want so badly to be thin and pretty. I try to say that I want to be healthy for me, and that is true, I do want to be healthy for me. But I also just want to be normal. I just feel like I'm not doing enough and I need to work harder. I need to punish myself more. Ugh.

Today I had:

2 eggs, 3 turkey bacon

1 hamburg, 2 slices of bread, lettuce, tomato, mustard, mayo, pickles

1 bag of popcorn

1 sandwich turkey, lettuce, tomato, mustard, mayo, pickles

1 slice of cake

3 shortbread cookies

I shouldn't have had:

1 slice of cake

3 shortbread cookies

1 bag of popcorn

Oi.

Man I'm having a bad day. Like, a really bad day. I worked out this morning and with this stupid cough I couldn't really get through it without stopping a lot to drink water and stop coughing. I couldn't keep my breath. I know it's shark week for me, and I know what that means and yet...I can't help depressing myself.  I want so badly to be thin and pretty. I try to say that I want to be healthy for me, and that is true, I do want to be healthy for me. But I also just want to be normal. I just feel like I'm not doing enough and I need to work harder. I need to punish myself more. Ugh.

Today I had:
2 eggs, 3 turkey bacon
1 hamburg, 2 slices of bread, lettuce, tomato, mustard, mayo, pickles
1 bag of popcorn
1 sandwich turkey, lettuce, tomato, mustard, mayo, pickles
1 slice of cake
3 shortbread cookies

I shouldn't have had:
1 slice of cake
3 shortbread cookies
1 bag of popcorn

Oi.

I know it's shark week for me, and I know what that means and yet...I can't help depressing myself.  I want so badly to be thin and pretty. I try to say that I want to be healthy for me, and that is true, I do want to be healthy for me. But I also just want to be normal. I just feel like I'm not doing enough and I need to work harder. I need to punish myself more. Ugh.

What is shark week?
I hear you on the being normal! I am passing through a similar phase of 'I wish I could find one person like me, it would be enough' as I am the very opposites together. All my friends and family will not understand or approve part of my life.
I did punish myself harder than you on Friday, when a nurse suggested me counselling.
I think comfort food is something you need sometimes, maybe set a maximum per week if that helps in avoiding the 'punishment' feeling. And I am trying to find acceptable comfort foods. I recently fell in love with 100% chocolate (mine was handmade) that is quite bitter... but has little sugars (https://mobile.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/ghirardelli/100%25-cacao-unsweetened-chocolate)
And this cake with more apples and less honey: https://celebratingsweets.com/healthier-carrot-cake-naturally-sweetened-whole-grain/

So I try to trick my brain and get both comfort and smaller slip.

I strongly reject the normalcy objective as 'normal' doesn't exist! It's a mask! Be yourself is the only good way, even if harder! (this is a reminder to myself, so sorry if I was too strong)

Hi @Dragon_Lady, how has your challenge been going?

On 1/8/2018 at 7:32 AM, Dragon_Lady said:

Nothing will make me lose weight.

Some people just have a really hard time losing weight. The most common difficulty comes from overestimating exercise calories (don't believe anything MFP says about exercise calories), and underestimating food calories (using a food scale helps). BUT, there are plenty of people who do everything "right" and it just doesn't work. Sometimes, it's because their metabolism is screwy (which can be fixed). Sometimes, there's an underlying health issue (which needs a doctor to determine). Sometimes, it just takes a lot of trial and error to find something that works for you.