• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jick Hambleton

Beginner's Bodyweight workout - dumbbell rows

Hi

I did my first NF Beginner's Bodyweight Workout on Saturday and my second today. I found it challenging initially (push-ups in particular are a killer!) and could only do two circuits on my first try. Although, I managed three circuits today. However, one thing that was not tough was the dumbbell rows. I strongly suspect I'm not using an appropriate weight. I am using a 2L bottle of milk, which weighs a bit more than 2kg. Steve's guide suggested a gallon but that's not a weight measure typically available in the UK for liquids. How heavy is it? Is there something of comparable weight and size anyone could recommend? I could fill a bucket, I suppose but I'm a little concerned that something too bulky would spoil the reps.

Apologies for such a basic question and many thanks in advance for any help.

Hmm not sure how much it weight . You could take the bottle and fill it with sand and see if that is enough. You can also really focus on form. Slow it down, and make sure you aren't winging your elbows, keep them tucked in close to your side.

A gallon of water weighs 8# or about 3.5 kg. A gallon of sand is about 12# and a gallon of wet sand is about 17#. A rough mental calculation says that 2L of wet sand weighs about the same as a gallon of water.

A bucket would be fine if you have the range of motion.