• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DoubleTrouble

DoubleTrouble's weekday rumble

Specific days of the week correspond to the first 3 quests. There are no requirements for reps/sets. Before each quest, a chapter from Age of Pandora must be attempted (thanks @Ash Raine for posting about Age of Pandora).

Quest 1 - Leg day (Monday and Thursday)

Calf raises, deadlifts, and squats, with explosive jumping in between each exercise.

Quest 2 - Abs day (Tuesday and Friday)

Skateboard tucks/untucks, weighted shoulderstand squats followed by kip ups. Can also do other ab stuff like leg raises or skateboard ab rolling.

Quest 3 - Upper body (Wednesday and Saturday)

Gym machine pullups, chinups, chest press, and chest fly.

Quest 4 - Job hunt

2 minutes have to be spent doing things related to the job hunt before the internet can be used for non-job-hunt-related things on a given day.

Bonus quest: Do bridges or backbends, to taste.

Legs                  // // // //

Abs                   // // // //

Upper body      // // // //

2 min job hunt /////// /////// /////// ///////

So far so good.

@Ash Raine Enjoying AoP so far, but I'm not sure what hold and pull in Chp 8 of AoP part 1 means, do you know?

• Like 2

AoP                   /////// /////// /////// ///////

There goes my perfect streak. Also a massive scorpion just ate someone while I did a wall sit and plank.

AoP                   ////// ////// ////// //////

Intense week.

I managed to obtain a piece of foam big and firm enough to do flips on :D. I've tried using a mattress before but it sinks down too much (ouch). I feel like I can jump higher because my head comes closer to touching the ceiling than usual. This makes it scarier to do flips inside but I looked at some videos and noticed that the peak height of front flips is just a little over head height. So I'll be fine. I hope.

I was practicing rolling one day and my elbow went right into a barbell. The day after that, I was reminded not to skip warm ups when I tried doing a plow (yoga move) and maybe pulled something in my upper back. Thankfully it was fine the next day so I trained outside on my own (first time in a while). I couldn't kong over a picnic bench, so that was a good reminder of "use it or lose it". Trained outside again the next day and got the kong and did some cartwheels to keep them fresh and tasty. Went to the weekly pk meet, which was great as it was not too cold and lots of people showed up.

Kind of slacking on the job hunt. But I'm ready for a few lower volume days after all that excitement so hopefully I'll get back on that. Might even actually apply for something.

• Like 1

AoP                   ////// ////// ////// //////

I applied for a job. It's nowhere near as much as I should be applying, but its something. The 2 min job hunt worked pretty well to get me at least looking at postings. I went over the 2 min mark lots of times. A few times (in the first week) I would just do the minimum 2 min to get it over with. Making the condition of doing the 2 min before accessing other websites worked as long as I stuck to it, but sometimes (especially in the days that I didn't do the 2 min at all) I ignored the rule and accessed other websites. At that point, it was very likely that I would not do the 2 min at all (a make or break moment, if you will).

I made the mistake of making Sunday my rest day, which is when the pk meet happens. Should be easy to fix.

I should have made bridging mandatory, as I made no improvement in that area in this challenge and probably regressed.

Age of Pandora was pretty good but it messed with my recovery sometimes (leg stuff the day after leg day, for example). I want to keep doing AoP, but I'll sub in another workout from darebee if the workout from AoP is at odds with my program. Also, 99% of the time I took the easy way out (minimum reps, shortest route). Next time I'll try to choose the harder routes.

I think that's pretty much it for this challenge.

• Like 1