• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Anim07734

Anim Looks for the Wagon

Anim looked around again, trying to get his bearings.  The past month had been enjoyable, but hectic, and his priorities had been on everything except his longterm goals.  But now it was time to return to his quest, as soon as he could find the path again...

I spent most of the holidays eating too much and exercising too little, especially the last two weeks at my parents' house.  In addition to my normal end-of-year shenanigans, I also have an awesome GF now, who I want to spend as much time with as possible and a new (to me) convention at the end of February to prepare for.  So I'll be spending January rebuilding my habits and trying to catch up on chores and projects.  Hopefully before that wagon gets too far ahead of me. :playful:

Goals:

4 workouts per week - At least two strength and one run/sports (4th can be anything), no other requirements, as I just want to rebuild the habit.  I also have until the end of the month to decide if I can stick to a schedule on my own, or if I'm going back to crossfit for a while.

Cook once a week - This is the easiest way to control my diet and get back down to a Nightcrawler waistline.  Going to have to experiment some though, as my GF likes to cook too and I like to eat.

Complete at least 4 project tasks - Current list, each line counts as one.

• Like 2

I've had glimpses of my wagon, but haven't caught it yet.  Only two workouts last week, plus a single day of "I should start PLP again" (I should, but I have to remember to do it).

I did cook, but also went out to eat instead of cooking again.  Going to try making a larger batch this week and see how it goes.

And I'm about halfway finished with two of my projects; installing the attic ladder and painting my Chaos Renegades team for Blood Bowl.

• Like 2

Just finished my 4th workout of the week, and have stuff ready for next time I need to cook even though I still have stew in the crockpot from Wednesday.  So I think I managed to catch my wagon.  The challenge now it hanging on long enough to climb aboard. :playful:

No real energy after work to do projects, but I did order stuff for Joker Fett (Batman/SW crossover) and finish up the preliminary planning.  So once I pick up printer paper, I'll have patterns to start cutting armor this weekend.

And because I like pictures, here's a preview of my current Blood Bowl team:

39730742062_3efb790123_z.jpg

That was taken during their first game, shortly before Dolf curbstomped the werewolf while Chuck, Arnold (minotaur), and Jackie distracted the Ref.  Hoping to start painting everyone next week, so more pictures to come.

• Like 2

Got another 4 workouts last week, but didn't manage the motivation to try a 5th.  So I'm going to work on that this week.  Cooked and finished all the leftovers,as well, so I'm ready to cook again tonight (or tomorrow).

Not doing as well on finishing projects.  Finally got around to insulating my hot water heater (I've had the stuff in my garage for 3yrs), just to cross something off the list.  But I haven't done anything else with the attic and am still painting miniatures.  I'm trying to decide if I want to try freehanding some tattoos on the shirtless monks, or if I'm just going to base and finish them.

• Like 1

It seemed like a motivation-less week all around, last week. Not sure if it was weather or something else. Here's to the coming week being better, and project getting done. 

• Like 1

For me, it was the furlough on Monday.  There's nothing like being told your job isn't important and you aren't getting paid, to kill your motivation for the week.  And as a bonus, we're expecting it to happen again next week...

Ah, gotcha. Without getting too into politics, I'd point out that not everyone agrees with the priorities of the... gentlemen (and ladies, too, I suppose) who instigate shut-downs, insofar as the "your job isn't important" part. Sucks on the "you aren't getting paid" end; here's hoping collective heads are removed from rears and we can avoid another one. 

• Like 1

Last week was Bird's Eye Voila Fajita Chicken Stir Fry with extra chicken thrown in.  Before that I made crockpot chicken cacciatore stew (add veggies instead of putting it over noodles).  This week will be the same as the first week, baked pork and veggies.

And it's not that my job "isn't important," the official deciding factor is that it isn't necessary for the daily health and safety of the American people.  Which is true, at least in the short term.  The part that really riles me up is that the people (Congress) causing the problem are the same ones who made it a problem in the first place (they set their own deadlines and requirements) and suffer no ill effects for continuing to cause the problem.  I've been in "no incumbent gets reelected" mode since the last shutdown in 2013, I'm just hoping more people will realize that's literally our only option for punishing these idiots.

• Like 1

I think this is the first time in almost 5 years that I've actually completed all of my goals in a challenge.  I'm not sure if that's something I should brag about...

I did 5 "workouts" last week, though the strength days were less than I'd generally like.  150+ GtG pullups (sets of 5) are good, but I really need to mix in more movements over the course of the week.  Cooked twice, since I had friends over for dinner last Friday.  And with a buddy's help cleaned my garage to make room for my new workbenches and finished putting in the attic ladder.  (I also managed to put my foot through the drywall, so that repair is getting added to the list...)

39200903085_fcf0f98a0b_z.jpg

25228002767_6e8f53c770_z.jpg

Finished painting my Chaos team for Blood Bowl, so that's all 4 projects for the month.  I'm hoping to finish the Sith Harley hammer and Joker Fett gun this week, which will leave the rest of the costume for next challenge, right before the convention. :playful:

I still need to get pictures of the minis, but here's the wig for my Rancis Fluggerbutter (to go with my GF's Vanellope costume).  I had to finish it, so we can use the head to get her lekku ready for Harley. 

28319237359_7c13d21921_z.jpg

• Like 1